Will drifting spoil the car?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

greatharold

Known Member
Drifting on stone/sand ground...will it spoil the car?
For e.g. the suspension, ball bearing and engine..

Stressing the engine at 5k rpm for around 3-5 seconds, any damage?

Noob here... :rolleyes:

hahaha..... 5k? drifting i think its more like hitting redline usually......=)

Originally posted by DRFT_240sx@Oct 9 2004, 08:09
hahaha..... 5k? drifting i think its more like hitting redline usually......=)
:lol: Totally agreed...mayb even hittin ova the redline.... :)

Find a big place to drift lehh
In wet floor is realy best...but u r FF or FR???
If FF put two pcs plate(fast foor carriage plate) on u rear wheel n pull up u handbrake to lock the tyre n plate.......then press gas pedal n feel drifting lorr

if u are doin it on sand...it will definately damage your car if not engine wise... suspension and underbody cosmetic damages....

Proton wira is FF or FR?
What is FF and FR?

I only know FWD and RWD...
FWD-front wheel drive
RWD-rear wheel drive

FF=front engine,front wheel drive
FR=f.engine,rear w.d
MR=Middle engine,rear w.d

anymore than this??dunno la..

proton is FF obviously!! :)

Originally posted by kher@Oct 9 2004, 23:54
drift will damge engine, tyres, suspension n ur wallet( petrol).
yea true. and sometimes ur car and urself too.. so careful when playing around ler.. especially for proton cars u have to be extra careful.. get a harder springs for ur car before playing.. its dangerous to play with stock wira springs, it flex like mad ( just my self experience so far, playing butt sliding, pls do not flame me if im wrong..)

Originally posted by nickoholic@Oct 11 2004, 01:24
windz,y use harder spring?
btw,how can FF proton cars drift? i thought they can't..
Everything's possible :lol: Automatic gear Wira Aeroback pun boleh :D just a matter of whether u can control it or not is the problem!! :rolleyes:

by using common sense, you'd know that by drifting, spirited driving
it will cause more wear and tear to the car's engine, suspension,etc
as compared to normal driving.

but if you actually drift and you love to drift,
i dont think you'd mind the repair bills and such.

nickoholic: if u ask me .. i dont call all this drift la.. just more like ass dragging... (own opinion and experience, again pls dun fire me.. >.<)by using a hard springs ur car will yaw less .. cos last time when i use stock springs.. car yaw like hell when i do heavy cornering and when i counter the car goes 360 degree.(luckily that time no car, if not im sure dead) im pretty satisfy using hard springs to play around now even my butt memang suffer la going out bumps.

Originally posted by WinDz@Oct 11 2004, 23:02
nickoholic: if u ask me .. i dont call all this drift la.. just more like ass dragging... (own opinion and experience, again pls dun fire me.. >.<)by using a hard springs ur car will yaw less .. cos last time when i use stock springs.. car yaw like hell when i do heavy cornering and when i counter the car goes 360 degree.(luckily that time no car, if not im sure dead) im pretty satisfy using hard springs to play around now even my butt memang suffer la going out bumps.
ic..now thats more like it..
i was crackin my head figuring how to drift an FF car..kekeke :lol:
i'm also using a comparatively hard springs,not so much prob with humps but really uneasy when travelling on uneven roads(holes everywhere),coz car like goin to tear apart due to vibration..

i dun really know anything bout "yaw"..
izzit mean car tilt like a boat while cornering?

mayb u could share some of yr experience with me bout sharp cornering,360 and yaw..
i'm a new driver.. still P :huh:

im so sorry that i seriously dunno how to explain in words in the forums.. i fear that i might give u the wrong information. u going any TT ? or perhalps we can talk about things and share some experience during TT.

Originally posted by WinDz@Oct 12 2004, 08:50
im so sorry that i seriously dunno how to explain in words in the forums.. i fear that i might give u the wrong information. u going any TT ? or perhalps we can talk about things and share some experience during TT.
aiyoh windz
dun shy shy lah

windz.. king of FF drift.. kelepet all de corner... ehehhee

FF to drift.. ppl use handbrake lo...n must hav fast momentum...wut else... big space to try... n balls to do it..

WOOHOO!!! da drifting kelisa is here.. u wanna know more about handbrake and ass drag, our taiko CKM can teach u.. i also learn abit abit from him wan man..

synail: not to say shy ler.. but i seriously dunno how to put things in words and takut kena flame leh... >.<

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom