which boost controller is better..advice me...

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

monsterv6

2,000 RPM
May 3, 2005
S.J
Im looking for a boost controller,can u guys advice me which is better,,Apex,HKS or GReedy..??

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
avc-r for me is quite good.. no problems wif it, no boost spikes.. works juz peachy.. besides i like the blue screen better than others..

endless551

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
Visit site
When u all said good.. good in what sense? Control accuracy? User friendliness? Aesthatic? Higher frequency solenoid valve? Gear judge function? Feedback loop? FIne tunning of boost at different engine load? Auxiliary output port?

I'm using AVC-R myself.. I think that is sufficient for my current purposes as I have not even fully utilised all the available functions. Boost controllers nowadays comes with heaps of functions which I'm certain 9 out of 10 ppl out there are not even using more than 50% of the unit's functions. If u just merely want to increase ur peak boost, just get the cheapest EBC u can find, try to avoid bleed valves (turbo smart) as they are load sensitive and give inaccurate boost level on diff load. But if ur more of a gadget/gimmick geek that wants to finetune ur boost curve along the rev range or setting different boost level for individual gear, want/don't want a little boost overshoot on initial thrrottle input.. All these could be done by most of the upmarket EBC available..

rps13_R

500 RPM
Apr 8, 2005
Visit site
i change from greddy profec with otb button to AVCR and to SARD

i do think that sard better in controlling great performance engine

(im not saying my engine great):D (but oklah, got 380++bhp mah)

it has a lot of damn good function, i also dun know how to say

btw, using GFB manual boost controller can increase ur HP, good product too
and cheap also around 250-350 if im not mistaken

ahwl

Nov 15, 2003
Auckland
In Japan, they are in the midst of developing new AVCR. That being said it depends on how much you have to spend and what sort of features you are looking for. No point in paying extras for fuctions that you do no need. :)

Try asking for Go Fast Bits. They came out with a 2 stage one but please do make sure that they are original and not fake ones as fake ones are built with crappy material and therefore are not as good .

Here is a website for it if you do want to read up on the literature. www.gofastbits.com.au

endless551

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
Visit site
I wouldn't recommend the go fast bits of turbosmart... no doubt those r the cheaper options but bleed valve will never get an accurate control. U will notice on higher gear with load, boost spike could be very significant.. on my previous car with turbosmart.. I was targeting 1bar which I pretty much got it on first gear and went all the way up to 1.2 on fifth....

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
SARD Trigger....Hehe my choice..:p

ahwl

Nov 15, 2003
Auckland
I am not bias against brands but I would take into account that sort of materials that is used to be make the product as well as the internals of a product. Thought I do think that most JDM brands are good, certain products can be always improved. It all comes down to cost. Best is to find reviews on the net and see if it suits your need.

dorifto_deMoN

Known Member
Mar 22, 2005
tulang ikan!!!! can safe cost kaw-kaw lor...me oso using it...but wanna change to

hks la...no syok cause cannot up boost while driving...

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Whoa, thats the ID quite pricey but really nice..

I'll go for the BLITZ DSBC Type R. Relatively cheap and easy to use.

ja50n

500 RPM
May 21, 2004
USJ / Melaka
I am also looking forward to get a manual boost controller. Electronic ones too mahal liao. Which manual boost controller is best ??