which 1 is better - PU or Fibre

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Raja_Mongkut

500 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
crack upon impact lo. its brittle, while PU has more flexible properties.

the strength of fiber oso depend on the quality la.

i know of japan bumpers made of fiber. not easy to crack oso.. but dun expect to find that kind of fiber in kl la

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
well, im using a fibre lip, so far so good. it depends alot on the way your fibre kit maker and quality of the fiber.

btw, the lip i had landed on it before(went over the high hump too fast and landed kinda hard nose first) so far so good lor, the thing just scratches oni and no crack or pecah and my paint cracked lor, thats bout it. and its fibre btw, so i think some fibre can tahan abit, but for sure it wont be as strong as PU is flexible and fibre is hard =(

Raja_Mongkut

500 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
gavan said:
well, im using a fibre lip, so far so good. it depends alot on the way your fibre kit maker and quality of the fiber.

btw, the lip i had landed on it before(went over the high hump too fast and landed kinda hard nose first) so far so good lor, the thing just scratches oni and no crack or pecah and my paint cracked lor, thats bout it. and its fibre btw, so i think some fibre can tahan abit, but for sure it wont be as strong as PU is flexible and fibre is hard =(
exactly my point..

don't be so quick to discriminate fiber as lousy n lembik...

do remember this is the stuff that ppl use to make boats with...

depends on the quality n maker. don't expect ur 30$ abang-evolution-3-fiber to compare to those quality japanese fiber with cost 5 times as much.

ali

Oct 16, 2005
Pu

Hi..
PU stand for Polyuretane if i am not mistaken..
Usually they are quite tough, but don't be suprised if some cheap PU also can be brittle, it just depand on their density also ( which can be modified).

Tq

icezboy

Known Member
Aug 6, 2005
Ipoh
ali,

i wonder how u can modified PU?? or u mean mix resin ???
i know some resin can be mix together.....
and yes that depend on density as well.. ...

mágnécõré

Known Member
Feb 8, 2006
is it taiwan bodypart like bumper is made from PU or fibre??
hmmmpp...???

camp

Known Member
Mar 22, 2006
Hi there; not intend to highjack this topic but still want to asked all you guys n gurls on material they called 'abs' that is now in the market. What do you all think 'abs' is stronger than pu or not, but abs not that flexible compare to pu

icezboy

Known Member
Aug 6, 2005
Ipoh
from what i know fiber or PU or carbon fiber or ABS or PC, HDPE, HDPE or any plastics resin will still can break able and they can not last for ever..

i guess when badly accident came nothing be can help, just pray to god

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
in the end, any material would break if u bang it against something ... so juz drive safe.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yah yah.... if accident, any material also will break la... even carbonfibre also will break....

unless carbon kevlar la... that one vr strong...

Raja_Mongkut

500 RPM
Apr 14, 2005
icezboy said:
from what i know fiber or PU or carbon fiber or ABS or PC, HDPE, HDPE or any plastics resin will still can break able and they can not last for ever..

i guess when badly accident came nothing be can help, just pray to god
duno why it came to this but this discussion is getting more n more ridiculous.

the reason this guy is asking about pu/fiber is prolly bekoz he wants to customise a bumper or lip.

reason why he want to know the strength of the material is to prevent it from cracking when going over humps or coming out from the carpark.

why suddenly got all this talk about bumper being a live saving material la..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Currently using evo twin pot + ebc green stuff need to change to aftermarket brake disc rotor (slit) endless , project mu, dba. Which 1 has the highest C/P upgrade from stock disc rotor and which brake pad to pair with. Thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience