- Jam - 97'C
- Cruising - 82 83'C
- Very very teruk JaM - 100'C

4g63 evo 4

FD3S

- Idling - 84C
- Jam - 88C
- Cruising - 82 C
- Very very teruk JaM - 90C ( which is where i've set Warning at)

phat7: your 13b cooling system upgraded ar? I thought 13bs run hot.

lan evo said:
- Idling - 95'C
- Jam - 97'C
- Cruising - 82 83'C
- Very very teruk JaM - 100'C

Wah brother, your temperature 'kau' high right?

I'm not expert ler but can the water temp actually reach 100 degrees? As that is the boiling point, won't it all evaporate? I know that temperature within the engine bay can soar lah but will the water temp reach that high?

he he what i know is the engine temp is maintained at 82 degress celcius coz i just changed new thermostat last 2 weeks and its working perfectly!

Idle - 1/3
Cruising - 1/3
Jam - 1/3
Full throttle - 1/3

nope the suprising thing is with stock radiator my temps were marginally lower but after upgrading to 3core aluminium the temp went up a notch. ducting plays a very important role in effectively ensuring front mount ---> radiator air transfer. I suppose the thicker the core the more turbulent the airflow as it basically hits teh wall and tries to find its way through a thicker "barrier". another contributing factor is i've set fans to come on ealier so the combo works well i guess.

phat7, u changed ur radiator? I'm driving a car with an evo 2 engine, how should i go about upgrading my radiators and fans?

well i'm no expert in cars but having owned a car which is very well known to very hot i just keep to the basics. i only use distilled water, get your self fan controller, insulate frontal air dam to ensure no escape of air. thats it.

EJ20 WRX STI
normal idling 75 degrees
traffic jam 85 degrees
highway crusing 80degrees
hard driving 100-110 degrees:cry_smile:

Top Bottom