i want to know about this engine on :

1. perfomance
2. maintenance
3. top speed
4. price in market

pimpin323

500 RPM
Oct 6, 2004
2.0 v6 hmm. sure better performance. maintenance. more moving parts. maybe less load/stress on the engine. nicely distributed wear. more torque. but more parts to change la if anything goes wrong. your talking about 4 cams 6 piston. everything got extra 2 la. top speed normally g/b is the main factor. price engine, tak tau/i dunno.

axcrow

Known Member
Nov 4, 2004
yup.. that sure pimpin. but i want to know more on how much the top speed and the maintenance.if someone already use it... can give some info here. :)

sudha

Known Member
Jun 11, 2004
hey axcrow....search this forum.

there are some resources on kf-ze.

If you have questions, look for kfze...he should be able to help you.

cheers

ondgennis

Known Member
Sep 29, 2004
Malacca
top speed 180 because it cut already
maintenance - same like NA. no need to worry about part because it same with the mazda 626 v6, ford telstar v6
price in market around 2.5-3k
perfomance - 170bhp, good rev engine. power is nicely distribute from low to high

kfze

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
Well said Ong. Besides, wat car u r driving ?

V6..... if u wan smoothness with reasonable power, go ahead.

If u wan super duper G and aspire to be king of the road, go for turbo

If u wan motorboat sound, go for vtec

:regular_smile:

axcrow

Known Member
Nov 4, 2004
i plan to change the engine.. now using standard NA engine. my car lantis 323F. people says that turbo car got a lot of problem n hard to maintain(maybe it's a rumors) if compare with Non turbo engine..

Phr3ak

Known Member
May 24, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
once u start modifying turbo cars.... problems do come....
if u play standard modification, and also standard boosting...
should be no problem... for turbo engine la...

ondgennis

Known Member
Sep 29, 2004
Malacca
like Phr3ak said, normally turbo car like NA only
problem only come when u raise up ur boost without proper setup.

but one thing for sure, dont expect low FC. the more power u get, the more fuel u use.

dibab

Aug 26, 2006
goshhh the v6 ford was awsome..but hard to find parts..

ondgennis

Known Member
Sep 29, 2004
Malacca
actually not that hard to find the v6 part la..
the local mazda 626 or ford 2.0 v6, they all share the same part :)

biGpoppaPumP

Known Member
Aug 4, 2006
yes, its not hard to find parts.....if you know where to look for. Most chop shops carry plenty of Mazda parts. Mazda 626 V6 and Ford Telstar V6 parts are interchangeable and the same since Ford bought over 25% stake in Mazda long ago.

I am using the Ford Telstar V6 1997 model that has the ABS as well as the air bag. Changed the engine to KLZE 2.5 and I must say the power increase is unbeleiveable. 200ish horsepower...and damn torqey. And I never had any problems finding parts, used or new.

dibab

Aug 26, 2006
biGpoppaPumP said:
yes, its not hard to find parts.....if you know where to look for. Most chop shops carry plenty of Mazda parts. Mazda 626 V6 and Ford Telstar V6 parts are interchangeable and the same since Ford bought over 25% stake in Mazda long ago.

I am using the Ford Telstar V6 1997 model that has the ABS as well as the air bag. Changed the engine to KLZE 2.5 and I must say the power increase is unbeleiveable. 200ish horsepower...and damn torqey. And I never had any problems finding parts, used or new.
maybe for the engine part...but but for the interior parts..its a problem..i have searched all potong shop in klang..puchong..shah alam and even in subang..no got have..:cry_smile:

biGpoppaPumP

Known Member
Aug 4, 2006
Dibab,

PM me the parts that you need. Lemme see if I can find for you. Cant promise but I will do my best. For internals like the cup holder etc, etc, you can also try to custom fibre it....

kfze

Known Member
Apr 28, 2005
did your ford previously is kfze ? Now u r using klze, so did u use the KF ecu and its MAF sensor ? or u have swap in the KL ecu together with the JE50 VAF sensor ?

I am interested to find out.

Thanks and cheers !

biGpoppaPumP

Known Member
Aug 4, 2006
kfze

kfze,

actually i have you to thank for my engine. Confused? Lemme explain. Dunno if you remember or not but when I was searching for the KLZE engine, Omar Badar who is my colleague from Texas Instruments, mentioned that you had found some KLZE engines and some of them are quiet new, KL6 series which starts with the number 6XXXXX. Immediately I called you and you mentioned that it was having some sludge etc, etc and mentioned vaguely the place you found it. Well, I did a search that weekend and found the place and also found the exact engine. To my amazement, it was in excellent condition so I paid it then and there and had it transplanted straight away. hehehee.....

About the ECU, I have another buddy who is also having a KLZE inside his Mazda with the KLZE ECU. He copied the chip (E-prom) into my ECU and voila! My KLZE became J Specs ECU, pumping out ~200 over HP.