Vtec turbo in impreza?

4G56

Sep 29, 2005
is it true that one of the subarus have vtec turbo engine in it rather than the conventional boxer engine?

sakuraguy

5,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Sendai, JAPAN.
www.zerotohundred.com
Maybe aftermarket tuners done it.

Try google it, there's no such thing. Subaru's are far different from Honda's

Impreza's boxer is more powerful than Honda's .. :) why should they change? crazy peoples.

Jul 12, 2006
the current EJ20s have AVCS...subaru's version of variable cam timing...the engine is still the good old boxer flat four EJ20T in various versions of tune...

Short_Shifter

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Banting
hey guys...ive also heard bout this vtec turbo...i think wat 4G56 is trying to say is that...

the version 8 wrx/sti has a vtec turbo engine...in this case...the turbocharged engine has a vtec technology built by subaru itself...

is this true?

cheers.

GTI4740

Known Member
Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
Short_Shifter said:
hey guys...ive also heard bout this vtec turbo...i think wat 4G56 is trying to say is that...

the version 8 wrx/sti has a vtec turbo engine...in this case...the turbocharged engine has a vtec technology built by subaru itself...

is this true?

cheers.
Yes, if I'm not mistaken ver 7 onwards is using the similar technology as Vtec or mivec.. The mitsu are kinda left behind in this technology.. They only manage to come up with this when they come up wtih Evo 9.

I guess the rite people to answer this would be a subaru boys coz I'm myself an Evo owner.. :wink:

Short_Shifter

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Banting
oh cool...i thought so too...just need some more info to confirm this lah....

i guess its true that the subaru sifu's can answer this question....

cheers man!

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
But i dun feel any big big power different as myself oso do own a Scooby Ver 8!!! De turbo kick in only after 4,400rpm... Errrr... for me, its a bit lag... But after tuning it with ECU, it totally different story liao... I think Subaru r having this variable valve timing thingy for de Ver 8, in order to reduce its lag... HKS do hv a valve/cam kit call V-cam or something for Scooby, heard tht its very very useful where it increase power tremandously... Lotsa good review from mag... Anyone try it b4???

:_:

Short_Shifter

Known Member
May 10, 2005
Banting
ooo..thats intresting...V-cam...im sure it will def help with the increae of torque and horsepower...hoping to hear from and scooby owners which have already tried this thing mentioned by stormvolution 9....

just want to find out...from u scooby owners out there...which scooby do u guys prefer...ver7,8,9, prodrive,STI,WRX...wats the diff...i know certain ones even have diff
engine setup as well...chasis and wat not rite....so care to explain sifu's...cheers.

if i was to buy a subaru...wat kind should i get and where can i get it with a good deal...?

just a few questions to ponder on...

thanks guys...cheers!

supergripen

Mar 31, 2006
the ej20/ej25 from ver8 onwards has a system called AVCS(Active Valve Control System) which is a form of variable valve control system.the system is however designed purely to minimize emissions and maximize economy to meet increasingly stringent emissions control regulations throughout the world.
as a side benefit thought,there is a marginal increase in peak power.no doubt companies like HKS has taken the system a step further to give it more ooomph..nice to have if u have the dough.will work well with a 2.2 stroker..yummy!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi! guys just wanna to ask how much is timing belt for proton savvy, price with & without labour charge, just helping my office fren (very cute gal ma...:biggrin:), coz' one of my other office mate told her it's around RM500++, but I think it not that much...correct me if I'm wrong...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience