Vios Trunk (water leak into spare tyre)

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I used to drive 1st gen also, due to water leaking into cabin problem i sold my car. At spare tires area mostly is from the rear light, when u take out the rear light from ur body u notice there is a foam gaskets it might be harden so cant really block water from leaking in.

I face another major leaking is the water all over my cabin. i tot is my aircond water leak. Then found out is when i do the water test at my foreman workshop he use the holes to test at the car roof and funny thing is water come out from the back seat beam totally no idea how the water from top go to the bottom beam. I think might be the original body welding break or something else. so at the end sell it
most of the time its the rear windscreen.as its sloped,water flow down so fas thay it wont leave a trace.
most of the tine it will flow in the rubber and tmonly show when the rubber ends at the corner.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I used to drive 1st gen also, due to water leaking into cabin problem i sold my car. At spare tires area mostly is from the rear light, when u take out the rear light from ur body u notice there is a foam gaskets it might be harden so cant really block water from leaking in.

I face another major leaking is the water all over my cabin. i tot is my aircond water leak. Then found out is when i do the water test at my foreman workshop he use the holes to test at the car roof and funny thing is water come out from the back seat beam totally no idea how the water from top go to the bottom beam. I think might be the original body welding break or something else. so at the end sell it
As mentioned water flow with gravity, so when coming from one area it can divert if there is some connection and it will lead to another place. That is why i mention must look out from where it comes from...:hmmmm:

wsonny

Known Member
May 21, 2005
Ampang
As mentioned water flow with gravity, so when coming from one area it can divert if there is some connection and it will lead to another place. That is why i mention must look out from where it comes from...:hmmmm:
Agree, but the beam structure look like those bridge connect from left to right side door. So water from the roof dont know how to slip in alot. The beam is to secure the back seat clip.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello all the sifus,

I have been hearing alot of Thailand wastegates for sale at very interesting prices. Does anyone have any experience using such wastegates? Is it good, bad or downright ugly??

Cheers!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience