VAFC on DVVT

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

civic1533

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Need some info from all the sifu here ...

Is it possible to install VAFC/VAFC2 to DVVT engine and make it work like on v-tec and mivec
where as the DVVT will kick on early than the factory setting.

Does anybody know when will the DVVT kicks in on MYVI engine ?

Thanks.

Jusoh

Known Member
Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
monmon said:
this is variable valve timing. unlike the mivec or vtec.

there is not lift.
MIVEC or VTEC is based on Variable Valve Timing concept...but DVVT is based on Variable Timing Camshaft....different in mechanical aspect...MIVEC,VTEC is to lifting valve as much as possible...but DVVT is to make valve lift earlier(10 degree i thought)when DVVT engaged...reason is internal combustion engine have lower 'volumetric efficiency' when running at high RPM...correct me if i'm wrong...

Jusoh

Known Member
Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
civic1533 said:
Need some info from all the sifu here ...

Is it possible to install VAFC/VAFC2 to DVVT engine and make it work like on v-tec and mivec
where as the DVVT will kick on early than the factory setting.

Does anybody know when will the DVVT kicks in on MYVI engine ?

Thanks.
i tot can ler.....DVVT is to make valve open earlier...but AFC is to make mixture better air fuel ratio....

prozac

1,000 RPM
Jan 18, 2004
Visit site
DVVT is a continuously variable cam belt tensioner. In other words, it's like having a "magic hand" continuously adjust your cam pulleys, unlike having to pop open the hood and open up a bunch of stuff just to retard/advance timing (on adjustable cam pulleys) to maximize performance throughout the revband. It by no means changes the valve lift, unlike MIVEC or VTEC, where there is a "switchover point" at a certain RPM, from street cam profile to hi-cams.

Correct me if i'm wrong, the VAFC can be used to vary this "switchover point", as well as control your A/F ratio. Not sure what effect it will have on the DVVT controller, as it is working at all RPMs. At most, it can just give you a "VTEC feeling" by having only 1 retard timing for low revs and a "switchover" at certain high rpm to the highest possible advanced timing. Don't think this can be done easily, though.

Last edited:

civic1533

500 RPM
Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Got this from Perodua website... like prozac said the mechanism is on the cam pulley. No wonder theres no lift.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Driveshaft for 1.3/1.5 protons

Hi All,

I'm planning to change my driveshaft, not only that, i wanna change the full set alone.

Ok, i don't know what is that called.

Assuming the driveshaft alone is on the right, in the middle is the steel rod, and on the left is also similar like driveshaft but is not.

The reason why I want to change is that, there is this 'kling kling' sound even when driving on straight road, i suspect is the steel rod or the one inside. There is no 'tak...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience