Used Car purchase: Inspira 2.0P vs Suprima S

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
If don't test drive, how would he know whether he likes the how the car drives. Once bought will keep for sometime, that is why even new cars got test drive units......lol:biggrin:

Even my wife's before she bought her new SUV, tested from N, then M before she bought S.....lol:rofl:
N should be Nissan X-Trail, M should be Mitsubishi ASX? S is your current new car.

chsyke

Known Member
Dec 13, 2006
If you just want it as a people mover A to B, no mods, comfortable and boring/slow driving. Inspira 2L with the continuously very tired transmission.

Have one at home. Suprima S doesn't come close in it's boringness in a lazy sleepy comfortable kind of way. That whine on the punch transmission, the lack of punch and stupid rpm matching between the CFE and the transmission is not what I call a comfortable ride. And frankly not that much faster than the Inspira. Neither is fast with that "Turbo" badge.
This "new" car will be my own use, work and travelling outstation. Have another MPV for balik kampung use.
I'm looking for a reliable car with less repair. As I know buying used car, there is no warranty, so any repair will be from own pocket. Just don't want to buy a car that end up spending $$$ and time at workshop.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
This "new" car will be my own use, work and travelling outstation. Have another MPV for balik kampung use.
I'm looking for a reliable car with less repair. As I know buying used car, there is no warranty, so any repair will be from own pocket. Just don't want to buy a car that end up spending $$$ and time at workshop.
I suggest go for Inspira as a safer option. The 4B11 engine used in Inspira is a good engine. The CPS engine in Surprima S is Proton's first turbocharged engine. Whether can it last for long remains to be seen.

I guess N for Nissan XTrail, M for Mazda CX5 and S for Subaru XV..
I forgot Mazda. :biggrin: Since Sifu VR2 drives a Galant, I thought of Mitsubishi instead.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Absolutely no issues since 2012 ownership of the Inspira. Haven't heard major issues/defects from the LYN Inspira owners either. Wear and tear is normal.

Only issue is the head unit. That's nothing to do with the car.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
i think u will appreciate larger boot from inspira over hatcback design of suprima....

but if it was me...

IF the car served purpose of town use mainly...shorter ass of suprima becomes the factor of my choice

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
i think u will appreciate larger boot from inspira over hatcback design of suprima....

but if it was me...

IF the car served purpose of town use mainly...shorter ass of suprima becomes the factor of my choice
Good point.
Rear view visibility is rather poor on Inspira. I would still choose Inspira.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I suggest go for Inspira as a safer option. The 4B11 engine used in Inspira is a good engine. The CPS engine in Surprima S is Proton's first turbocharged engine. Whether can it last for long remains to be seen.

I forgot Mazda. :biggrin: Since Sifu VR2 drives a Galant, I thought of Mitsubishi instead.
M's CX-5 more popular, and so far my car brand ownership did not double up........lol:rofl:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Since used for travel, cari makan. Choose the car that pratical, is ur workhorse not showhorse. How deep ur pocket can go too.

U already have mpv for family.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
I will go for inspira.
Its cumbersome in some tight area but much more enjoyable than the suprima.
The Suprima is riding a tad firmer than inspira,blame it on the low profile tires.

leather quality in suprima is like pvc...dont expect much.
i must say fit and finish is good.no rattle or squeak whatsoever.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
M's CX-5 more popular, and so far my car brand ownership did not double up........lol:rofl:
Din't test Honda this time? I remember you owned a few Honda before. Or is it just only one Accord?

Looks like re-badge proton winning over original proton....lol
I always prefer the rebadged cars over their own stuff. :rofl:

If anything, I can still use original parts which should be at a higher quality than Proton's own parts. Like my car. Got choice to use MMC parts.

If Suprima S, only Proton parts available and that is as good as you can go.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Din't test Honda this time? I remember you owned a few Honda before. Or is it just only one Accord?

I always prefer the rebadged cars over their own stuff. :rofl:

If anything, I can still use original parts which should be at a higher quality than Proton's own parts. Like my car. Got choice to use MMC parts.

If Suprima S, only Proton parts available and that is as good as you can go.
Civic, 3 door Accord, then 4 door Accord, and next suppose to be SM4, but 2nd prices were too high so end up with Mitsu. Those Honda was one after another, never own 2 of the same brand together....lol
Did not test H SUV because for the budget at that time was the lowest specs, and at that time also launching civic turbo, so no SA layan us.....lol:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Civic, 3 door Accord, then 4 door Accord, and next suppose to be SM4, but 2nd prices were too high so end up with Mitsu. Those Honda was one after another, never own 2 of the same brand together....lol
Did not test H SUV because for the budget at that time was the lowest specs, and at that time also launching civic turbo, so no SA layan us.....lol:driver:
Oh, I actually thought double up, you mean like owning 2 cars from the same manufacturer. But you actually mean owning 2 at the same time. Sorry, my bad. :rofl:

Got CR-V to test what. But now CR-V got new model coming soon. How much did you pay for Forester? Discounted price season is it?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Oh, I actually thought double up, you mean like owning 2 cars from the same manufacturer. But you actually mean owning 2 at the same time. Sorry, my bad. :rofl:

Got CR-V to test what. But now CR-V got new model coming soon. How much did you pay for Forester? Discounted price season is it?
CRV got test unit, but all busy selling civic turbo. More over the lowest spec CRV don't even have 6" screen. A double din player with 2 big knob. Wife see already, cabut....lol:burnout:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
SA some is eksyen. After pay booking money for x-gear, thats it.:mad:
Waiting for 4 months, lastly i just pick a person to bedah siasat. Who know, is northern region manager.

Within a week, got my car dy.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Waiting for 4 months, lastly i just pick a person to bedah siasat. Who know, is northern region manager.

Wonder how they survive with this type of attitude.....:banghead:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
CRV got test unit, but all busy selling civic turbo. More over the lowest spec CRV don't even have 6" screen. A double din player with 2 big knob. Wife see already, cabut....lol:burnout:
Much underspec for Honda as usual. Just like the base spec City. Alloy wheels with rim covers, no digital display for metre cluster. What is this? Still selling near 80k. If that comes with manual transmission option, then I'll keep quiet. :biggrin:

Same story with me. Last time during early 2015 when HR-V is launched, my aunt wanted to buy one. Went to Honda showroom to view the car with whole family. SA mostly ignored my family because majority in my family are women. They went and serve those middle aged men mostly. Only a Malay SA talked to us. Chinese SA all act like din't see us. I purposely asked one SA a few questions on the engine like is it an aluminum block or cast iron block, using distributorless ignition system? Din't manage to answer. At the end, my family got bored with this service and my aunt bought the HR-V from another dealership. We are really there to buy the car but the SA thought we can't afford it or something. :banghead:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Much underspec for Honda as usual. Just like the base spec City. Alloy wheels with rim covers, no digital display for metre cluster. What is this? Still selling near 80k. If that comes with manual transmission option, then I'll keep quiet. :biggrin:

Same story with me. Last time during early 2015 when HR-V is launched, my aunt wanted to buy one. Went to Honda showroom to view the car with whole family. SA mostly ignored my family because majority in my family are women. They went and serve those middle aged men mostly. Only a Malay SA talked to us. Chinese SA all act like din't see us. I purposely asked one SA a few questions on the engine like is it an aluminum block or cast iron block, using distributorless ignition system? Din't manage to answer. At the end, my family got bored with this service and my aunt bought the HR-V from another dealership. We are really there to buy the car but the SA thought we can't afford it or something. :banghead:
Well, Honda now top selling. People buy because good second hand value. We buy unless it worth the package and nice to drive.....lol:biggrin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Well, Honda now top selling. People buy because good second hand value. We buy unless it worth the package and nice to drive.....lol:biggrin:
Honda and Toyota always got good second hand value. Oh, Perodua too.

ZTH members normally care more about driving sensation and specs more than second hand value. :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

recently i overhauled my 4g93t gsr rs. I replace a few thing
1. rebore from 81.0 to 81.5,
2. my standard piston ratio is 9.1:1 for the new piston is 8.9:1.
3. I also replace the head gasket from o.8 to 1.5mm.
4. fuel injector from 390 to 450cc
5. throttle body up grade to evo 111
6. fit an afc
my problem is when i put the afc little bit lean my exhaust manifold will red hot but if i put little bit rich it will be sluggish

need some help :smokin::banghead:
i have been using this...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience