Usage of old wiper blade

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
i always found this idea of making use the old wiper. tht is...to wipe water off from the car body, after a car wash.

is this safe to our car paint? will it lays any scratches ?

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
i'd chuck them out and buy a new unit to just do that. If its not fit to be on my car then its out in the bin.

boggysv

2,000 RPM
Sep 7, 2004
bryan90s said:
i always found this idea of making use the old wiper. tht is...to wipe water off from the car body, after a car wash.

is this safe to our car paint? will it lays any scratches ?
The most fanatic car detailers will tell you that only chamoist cloth will do.
But if you are not that concerned about these minute details, I guess It should not be a problem, just make sure the wiper is dust/sand free.

ambayah

1,000 RPM
Jan 31, 2004
Visit site
I use it. Just make sure you dont press to hard, or scratch it from the wipers hard part.

crazeeclan

Known Member
May 4, 2005
shah alam
i will use it to wipe over my mirror...but dare not to try on my car.....i sked it will scratch la the paint...

bryan90s

500 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
but is a common pratice at those bawah pokok car wash center

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
i think if the wiper can wipe on windscreen, should be no problem wipe da car body kua... coz if the wiper can scratch the car bodywork, surely it will cause big damage to ur windscreen rite??... so, jz make sure u dont press too hard lar when do da wiping use used wipers..

I

Indecided

SkYwAlKeR said:
i think if the wiper can wipe on windscreen, should be no problem wipe da car body kua... coz if the wiper can scratch the car bodywork, surely it will cause big damage to ur windscreen rite??... so, jz make sure u dont press too hard lar when do da wiping use used wipers..
Correction. Glass is hard. Paint is not.. it's just paint. Paint scratches much easier then glass. Don't believe me? Take a blade and try it on the glass and your paintwork.

crazeeclan

Known Member
May 4, 2005
shah alam
Indecided said:
Don't believe me? Take a blade and try it on the glass and your paintwork.

haha......dun try this at home...u will regret ur whole life...hehehe......yala...serious la...if theblade got a piece of sand ar.....gone la ur paint.....

LilKeV84

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
agree oso
paint is quite so soft u know
just try and take a dry cloth and wipe on ur paint
u'll see scratches surely if u look at a certain angle. some cloth even more ganas, wet oso can scratch. so imagine ur wiper, which is rubber(harder sumore :)

if u dowan to waste ur wiper, get silicon lar...dunnit to change anymore unless warranty :)

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Honestly, I'd rather not use old wiper blades. Just go to pasar malam and get those towels. It's cheap and it works to a certain extent. Else, buy a powerful air blaster!

Last edited:

skylab

Dec 6, 2004
yes...it is 'dangerous' to use the wiper. just an ordinary good morning towel will do.

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
Remember that after washing the clothes clean, soak it in softener for about 10 minutes or more. Then take the towels out and let it drip dry. Do not squeeze or twist the towel. Hand it directly once you take it out of the pail. It will keep the cloth soft. Just a thought. hehe

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
i actually got the wiper idea from a cheap car wash too. from then on, i've been using a old wiper to dry clean my car. actually u just got to make sure the wiper is clean before doing it. so far there isn't any visible scratches on my car coz i'll really make sure the wiper is clean and has no stones.