Upgrade ignition system

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Can anyone advise how to upgrade ignition system of the car? I got diff opinion form different shop. Don't want to simply follow anyone without understanding. Any pro-electric people or people who got experience can advise please?

Initially I wanted to upgrade to Bosch platinum-Iridium +2. Got 2 "leg". Hehe... Sorry don't know the right term for that.

Then Another shop suggested to upgrade the cables also. When I almost did so, they told me "aiya, if upgrade to better cables, scared the ignition coil cannot supply the power. Very fast spoil o... Better upgrade the ignition coil as well. But very costly. Around 1k".

When i heard, I give up. From change spark plugs around 200 become 1k++. Can anyone tell me what is ignition coil, what is double ignition coil, coil on plug? What is the use of better cables. If just upgrade spark plugs without the rest, got effect or not?

And is it true that upgrading to a powerful ignition system (plugs, cables etc) will make ignition coil spoil faster???

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
the real ignition upgrade definately a better coil pack such as MSD unit....

all plug/cable just parts required to send the spark in such high efficiency....

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
the real ignition upgrade definately a better coil pack such as MSD unit....

all plug/cable just parts required to send the spark in such high efficiency....
I see... Thank you... But then, how much a coil cost? And what is double coil system and coil on plug? How much are those?

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

just use bosch fusion plugs coupled with bosch super sport 8mm plug cables.
RM120+130 = RM250 all kautim.
Bosch stuff so cheap? Is that price for brand new? I heard bosch quality is okay one...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
veloc not sure ah....wat car u wanna install it on?

i was using bosch fusion plugs, good performance but unfortunately my mech stole it....dun worry i got my money back...hehe...but now im using denso iridium with bosch super sport cables.....even better...my bro in law also using it........

for the price we pay ok la...i paid rm150 for the cables rather than paying rm800++ for NGK ones.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
for the ignition system, use the original stuffs jer, std plugs and cables are adequate enough sir. these things are better if u can change to new units

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
veloc not sure ah....wat car u wanna install it on?

i was using bosch fusion plugs, good performance but unfortunately my mech stole it....dun worry i got my money back...hehe...but now im using denso iridium with bosch super sport cables.....even better...my bro in law also using it........

for the price we pay ok la...i paid rm150 for the cables rather than paying rm800++ for NGK ones.
True... NGK kinda ripoff... Bosch quite okay la... Always sell cheap for considerable performance...

Install on my humble 4AFE lo...

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

for the ignition system, use the original stuffs jer, std plugs and cables are adequate enough sir. these things are better if u can change to new units
Yeah... But just getting ready for replacement due soon. I was thinking since going to replace, better skali put good ones in la...

Apr 6, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
New to the forum - any ideas as to what i could do to make my new toyota celica even better - dealer said i should lower it and fit some sort of turbo - how easy is this to do?

All I ahve done so far is fit some new seats and put in some customised car mats - have only had it a week though!

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
New to the forum - any ideas as to what i could do to make my new toyota celica even better - dealer said i should lower it and fit some sort of turbo - how easy is this to do?

All I ahve done so far is fit some new seats and put in some customised car mats - have only had it a week though!
HI bro... You just got your celica? What year is it? Well hope you can share some pictures/mods in the future. For turbo, there is a thread under Forced Inductions. Maybe you can get some info here:

Tech: Forced Induction - Zerotohundred.com

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/tech-forced-induction/16252-bot-bolt-on-turbo.html

You can hit up "xtremeleo". He can help :biggrin:.

For lowering springs, save up to buy some adjustables. Preferably do not cut/fry your springs or you might regret like me :bawling:.

Good luck i modding :burnout:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
coil on plugs is similar to those independant coil, except, the coils are diretly connected to the plugs, individually. the advantage of the system is, less loss because there arent any cable as medium to transmit the voltage to the plugs, and top end is surely gonna be better like those of the independant coils because each coil has enough time to charge itself up before the next firing occur. i think myvi shud be cop as std

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

sorry bro..i am newbie here...and i wan ask something bout my slk...how to open the door cover har?coz only one place i dun know....the mirror handle there how to open har?no screw there leh..coz got some wierd sound inside....very gao wek everytime i drive leh.....thx all pros here....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience