Tyre Suggestion

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Previously got a few said that the side wall will crack. Or tyre bits chipping off from PS3 after about 40% thread left or something.

Nothing bad about performance just the durability.
Not sidewall crack, cannot simply say.
The problem as far as I know some say could be a batch problem. It was the shoulder pattern chipping as it is worn down and getting bald. Seems after that no more complaints so far.....:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
The problem as far as I know some say could be a batch problem. It was the shoulder pattern chipping as it is worn down and getting bald. Seems after that no more complaints so far.....:driver:
Ah! Ya corrected. Is shoulder pattern chipping. But if no more such complaints then I think is safe to use since PS3 is still a good tyre nonetheless in terms of comfort and performance. And Overall tyre.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Shit. I always use dry grip as the main benchmark. My bad.

That Myvi got so many mods. Got adjustables and lightweight rim also. :adore:
Many mods so what..waste money. It's still a turtle at the end of the day

Can one, tyre shop mah! Fit and balance tell boss no need bill, then no GST.....hhahahhaha:biggrin:

Sime tyre that fellow won't use one......:thefinger:
But the boss account need to show transactions wor...unless under table hoho..

Wah so lansi ah don't want to use sime tyres. It's a Myvi..it will turn turtle even before the grip gives way

That Myvi Fellow going for PS3 ma despite lots of negative feedback wor hahaha!
From RSR to PS3 ? Don't wear a big hat if he doesn't has such a big head la...straight away start with PS3 then ok lor...Eco tyre still ngam him la

Yea I've seen some review about PS3 where the rubber chipped after some usage. I've seen and heard many good reviews on PS3, but expensive..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Many mods so what..waste money. It's still a turtle at the end of the day

But the boss account need to show transactions wor...unless under table hoho..

Wah so lansi ah don't want to use sime tyres. It's a Myvi..it will turn turtle even before the grip gives way

From RSR to PS3 ? Don't wear a big hat if he doesn't has such a big head la...straight away start with PS3 then ok lor...Eco tyre still ngam him la

Yea I've seen some review about PS3 where the rubber chipped after some usage. I've seen and heard many good reviews on PS3, but expensive..
He will still go for PS3 la that Myvi, he eye-ing since the day when he noticed his RS-R wearing off....will take photo of the tyres after he changed :biggrin:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Have seen a few cars with R888, A048 also. Most of the time usually is extreme category.

You race tarmac? I thought mostly mud terrain....:driver::biggrin:

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

I also don't know woh!:hmmmm:
occasionally race on tarmac 4 wheel..but mostly 2weel :rofl:

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Previously got a few said that the shoulder pattern chipping. Or tyre bits chipping off from PS3 after about 40% thread left or something.

Nothing bad about performance just the durability.
Any picture or fact shows PS3 side wall cracked?

Shoulder pattern chipping off due to spirited driving and this happened to all soft rubber compound tyre.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Any picture or fact shows PS3 side wall cracked?

Shoulder pattern chipping off due to spirited driving and this happened to all soft rubber compound tyre.
Shoulder pattern chipping not side wall cracked. Corrected on my post. It did not happen to my michelin pp2 tyres even after whacking during touges hehehe!

Last edited:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Shoulder pattern chipping not side wall cracked. Corrected on my post. It did not happen to my michelin pp2 tyres even after whacking during touges hehehe!
Whack once a while should still be fine. My PP1 (tread wear 240) last time also got chipping.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Whack once a while should still be fine. My PP1 (tread wear 240) last time also got chipping.
Ah! Proven I had not whacked enough hahaha! But if whack all the time I think Chipping is common for any tyres? Or only soft sidewall tyres?

Wah use pp2 some more.
If not PP2 I where dare to whack at UY and Uncle Lim mountain la hahaha

Almost bald lo. Waiting to replaced with new one coming few months. Most probably by June need to replace adi. Although almost bald but still grip real good.

Huh! you did not know?:smokin:

2 wheel can be your rally spec or bike.....hhahahhahah:rofl:
We have not met, so guess andrew dunno hahaha!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ah! Proven I had not whacked enough hahaha! But if whack all the time I think Chipping is common for any tyres? Or only soft sidewall tyres?

If not PP2 I where dare to whack at UY and Uncle Lim mountain la hahaha

Almost bald lo. Waiting to replaced with new one coming few months. Most probably by June need to replace adi. Although almost bald but still grip real good.

We have not met, so guess andrew dunno hahaha!
If soft sidewall and hard corner, the wear can go until the sidewall rather than chipping.

Oh! yah woh! you two no lakang yet......hhahahhahaha:rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If soft sidewall and hard corner, the wear can go until the sidewall rather than chipping.

Oh! yah woh! you two no lakang yet......hhahahhahaha:rofl:
Maybe doesnt feel soft because of tyre profile. 165/55/14. Feels good when cornering...doesnt feel tyre sinking down.

nimy

Jun 16, 2006
hi
i would to know which one is better dunlop formula d05,goodyear excellence or viking "don't know the model"? My size are 225/45/17. looking to change new tyre soon. Btw my car are chevrolet nabira..MPV..
Or suggestion for any similar range price..
tq

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
hi
i would to know which one is better dunlop formula d05,goodyear excellence or viking "don't know the model"? My size are 225/45/17. looking to change new tyre soon. Btw my car are chevrolet nabira..MPV..
Or suggestion for any similar range price..
tq
Depends on your priorities. If just for normal use and durability then they are ok. Dunlop D05 is quite new and Viking should be the ProTech PT-05 model as CT-05 are for smaller tyre sizes. Dunlop and Viking are both made by Continental.
For Goodyear Excellence model is pretty old already and was OEM on the Accord 3 generations back.
You will be better off with the Assurance Triplemax or for Mid category The Efficient Grip Model. For UHP of course will be The Asymmetric 2 model.
So it is all up to your priorities and budget.....:driver:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

WTA sifus here how to disable civiv ej8 alarm system..
I cant start my car becoz of the alarm system.It happened maybe becoz 2 of my car door (front and back both at left side) their lock koyak aledy.So when i press the remote,2 of door cant open becoz it still lock while other can open..I guess this is why the alarm system messed up since i check the car battery it still in good condition..Please help me.. :nurse: Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience