type-r distributor on B16A...possible?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Torment

500 RPM
honda brothers need to ask a newbie question hope u can help, can B16a use type-r distributor? do i need to modify or change anything else to fit it?

u have to use type-r computer box if using d type-r distributor..and i think the whole wiring also needs to be modified..

Torment said:
:eek: need to change so many things?!

You're lucky coz he did'nt ask you to change the whole engine .... Before you change it, just ask first what is the advantages of using B16b distributor. Can naik 5 hp kaaa??? ;)

more durable & reliable perhaps? well i'm not sure wat it'll do for hp but if there's no difference with the B16A dizzy then why honda use a different dizzy for the type-Rs?

B16b is an upgrade engine from B16a. So maybe some of the parts have been changed/ upgrade and maybe some is not (remain). This is just a question to think, coz usually people will tukar the cam, final drive etc ... Distributor jarang dengar sikit.

Just my opinion. Any sifus want to eloborate more ???? :confused:

Tocey,,,,

tourment: buy my car ler...every parts almost typeR .can pak pau anytime

the diff ismore current this wat i heard back from my mach.
but the socket is already diff
unless if your are using b16a ek4 wiring that will fit into typeR distributor

nothing to do with distributor la...
im using typeR wiring with eg ecu also
hahaha

if u change to a type r distributor, its more long lasting and durable..last time i a got problems with my standard b16a distributor..rosak selalu, cannot tahan...and i decided to convert to type r..until now no problem whatsoever..

Hmm thats wierd. I had to do some wiring work to get the EG6 ECU to work with my '99 spec wiring and that included tapping a wire from an EG6 distributor. Had to get rid of my CTR distributor. Damn.

ahhaha now becum type-r head put b16a dizzy pulak...eh cum la tell me wat need to modify mah bradersss...help...

jun_ek9 i dun wan buy ur car, too fast la...ha ha.:p

Top Bottom