turbo kit for 4g92/93

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

white^devil

Hi guys,

I'm planning to bolt on gsr turbo kit on my 4g92p block + 4g93t head..fyi, i want to keep my stock wiring and stock 4g92p ecu.....is it possible? or i need to change to 4g93t and ecu? how do bolt on turbo guys did? anyone to share their experience? i really appreciate any replies.....tq

For low boost prepare around 3k plus minus... for high boost prepare around 5k...

High boost needs ECU replacement, or at least a piggy back. Using 4G93T ECU on your engine would be better (Assuming u don't wanna purchase a piggy back)... wiring, not necessary. This has been done before at my workshop... works fine. If u're getting a piggy back... then the GSR ecu is not necessary.

If u're REALLY interested, and confirm wanna do (and have the cash)... then PM me... i take u to a workshop to fully customize a turbo kit for you. Its easier to learn while looking at your engine being upgraded with the turbo kit... then the mechanic can "show and tell" mar! Hahaha...

Originally posted by alvin24@Mar 14 2005, 15:12
For low boost prepare around 3k plus minus... for high boost prepare around 5k...

High boost needs ECU replacement, or at least a piggy back. Using 4G93T ECU on your engine would be better (Assuming u don't wanna purchase a piggy back)... wiring, not necessary. This has been done before at my workshop... works fine. If u're getting a piggy back... then the GSR ecu is not necessary.

If u're REALLY interested, and confirm wanna do (and have the cash)... then PM me... i take u to a workshop to fully customize a turbo kit for you. Its easier to learn while looking at your engine being upgraded with the turbo kit... then the mechanic can "show and tell" mar! Hahaha...
alvin khor khor...i also want turbo kit....
:lol: :D

u sponser me yah!!

Originally posted by NukeeZoid+Mar 15 2005, 13:30 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (NukeeZoid @ Mar 15 2005, 13:30 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-alvin24@Mar 14 2005, 15:12

alvin khor khor...i also want turbo kit....
:lol: :D

u sponser me yah!! [/b][/quote]
I sponsor you the sticker "TURBO INSIDE"... leng mou?

Greetings Guys
I'm on this project with my 1998 4G92 I'm trying to install a turbo kit. I've been waiting long since now I have the budget to start working on it. I would really appreciate any help on advices on what can be done and "hell do not by any means" and what NEEDS to be done before installing a turbo kit. I've been reading in the market there are bolt on turbo kits that assure they can manage to deliver safely without drastic modifications to the engine, but I would appreciate any advices you can share
Thnks

Is it the same for putra, 4G93??? My fren owned standard / stock putra 97 (M) and he was thinkin abt to install turbo kit on his car...(easier bcoz no need to ask approval from JPJ)...and some one said it was just around 2-3k...

3K can finish all the installation?

Sound good, i just finish upgrade my 4G15 to 4G93 (SOHC), maybe another few month when i got the burget then i will put into my car!!!!!!

Bro, for this kinda mods, it can produce how much hp instead of stock...?

Is it the same for putra, 4G93??? My fren owned standard / stock putra 97 (M) and he was thinkin abt to install turbo kit on his car...(easier bcoz no need to ask approval from JPJ)...and some one said it was just around 2-3k...

Ori engine install turbo kit need to go for inspection if dun consider illegal modification also... try to ask JPJ and see...Good Luck...

hey new on here
i have a lancer s/w with a 16ltr sohc 16v 4g92,i gota blowen head gasket so with out finding out if this could be done i wiped the head off and the sump and pulled the loom out,that was most of the day.then put the 4g93t (gsr) head and in/out manifoild and turbo,not usen the water feeds only oil feeds.then put the 4g93 sump for the oil return.re loomed puged in the 4g93t ecu.then the hard part i had 2 find a twin cam timing belt for a 16ltr 4g92.
the only thing i had to mod was the dump pipe off the turbo down under the sump to the flexy.the n/a has twin pipes and the turbos strate therw
runs fine gos like a 16ltr turbo should yea.

Top Bottom