Turbo-ing a 1.3 HC-E Engine?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
Nothing beats the good ol HD-EG! and yes, that includes the ancient CB70 and the evil 4E, nuff said.

:P

meandmebitch

1,000 RPM
Sep 1, 2004
4e.................................................................:regular_smile: :regular_smile: :regular_smile:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
tibun, when iam in penang wit my fugly aura, iam gonna give u a call, we'll meet up, and iam gonna give u sum good whoopa!! hoho..

Apr 26, 2009
There was a guy here in Australia who turboed a 1.6L charade, got 350 hp at the wheels and broke 3 custom dog gearsets...

they can make the power and make it reliably if someone with a bit of know how does the conversion, sure its fairly expensive but nothing compares to the power to weight ratio of the charades

The guy that did the 1.6 turbo is an active member of www.daiclub.com , its well worth looking at if you are interested and have any questions coz im sure he will answer them

His latest project is a 1.8 honda vvti turbo that he reckons will be good for 550HP easy, not bad in a stripped out car that would weigh all of 900Kg

He also said it would be better to turbo a 1.3 than the 1.6 because the 1.6 has too much torque for the gearboxes, even with dog gearsets.

There was also a guy in Malaysia (i think) who did an evo 3 full engine and running gear swap into a g100, it did 11.5 second quarters and 4 wheel spins easy on takeoff

It is called "little monster" i think, from the airbrushed paint scheme

Anyways hope that helped someone, if you have more questions post them here and also check out www.daiclub.com :wavey:

Apr 19, 2008
i'm new n hv charade aura.i plan to swap the old engine with a new one.. everybody tell me to chg to gtti or starlet engine.. recently i just found starlet gt halfcut (headlight looks like old skool bimmer)..is it 4efte engine?? the guy want to sell to me RM3800. is it at good price? or should i find cb70 gtti engine.. i really need some advice from charade experts..thankss...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Japanese enthusiasts have been blown away by the all-new GT-R as in less than two months since Nissan started accepting pre-orders, 2,282 buyers have signed in for the 473 Hp AWD Coupe, exceeding by a factor of 11 the planned monthly sales total. The GT-R will go on sale in Japan on December 6th.
Breaking down the pre-orders for the new GT-R, Nissan reveals that 60% of the buyers are under 50 years old with the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience