Titan absorber mounting broke

myride

Aug 13, 2006
Hi guys, need your help here. I installed titan adj suspension on 2007 (A33) complete with titan absorber mounting. The front left mounting bush suddenly broke yesterday while i'm cruising at 90km/h and the absorber was out of place, the left tyre not align with the right. I had to tow my car. Does anyone have the same experience? Can anyone tell me how long the Titan mounting suppose to last?
I've already call Mr Richard (MPD) and I need to tow the car again tomorrow to his w/shop, he said he will take a look of the problems. But i'm just curious about it, how come the , mounting bush can just broke like that!

Need helps!!!

honggas

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
I faced the same problem before, I think it was only 3 - 4 months after I installed it initially.

My car wasn't towed, but I sure as hell had to drive real slow

Wasn't charged anything to get everything repaired back to working condition :smokin:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Hi guys, need your help here. I installed titan adj suspension on 2007 (A33) complete with titan absorber mounting. The front left mounting bush suddenly broke yesterday while i'm cruising at 90km/h and the absorber was out of place, the left tyre not align with the right. I had to tow my car. Does anyone have the same experience? Can anyone tell me how long the Titan mounting suppose to last?
I've already call Mr Richard (MPD) and I need to tow the car again tomorrow to his w/shop, he said he will take a look of the problems. But i'm just curious about it, how come the , mounting bush can just broke like that!

Need helps!!!
It's still the same problem with the top mount from Titan. It's been the same problem over and over again.

I faced the same problem before, I think it was only 3 - 4 months after I installed it initially.

My car wasn't towed, but I sure as hell had to drive real slow

Wasn't charged anything to get everything repaired back to working condition :smokin:
Yes.. That's the only issue with the Titan. Other that that I'd thumbs up for Titan. Even if it's fixed back, the problem will appear again if they are using the same old design.

If u have spare cash, go get CUSCO's. It'll serves u for the rest of ur car's life...

absorber mounting bush? is dat da 1 where u screw da tower bar there?
if can show us da pic it will veli appriciate.

im a TITAN user as well :)
Yes, the pillow ball absorbers mounting. Where u mount your struct bar.

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
one thing abt Titan is their quality control of certain parts. and for everyday use, they are working fine but if u really thrash them, they can't hold it in 1 piece. my friend's hilux has fitted with Titan n the whole abs got crooked after off roading...

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
well fortunate me I have not put titans on my car yet. thinking to put them in this coming monday.. I need to start to look for new abs again. thanks for sharing

hanslin

Known Member
Dec 23, 2008
:questionmark:
:nurse:hope this might help!

1: always check the top mount izit necking for pillowball type or stress on rubber type! during :driver:steer or full bump, :rolleyes:mean tyre going up! or full steer on full bump!

2: :banghead:it will usually snap off at the nut area!!! or break off the top mount plate!!!:banghead:

3:proper pillowball type can take more angle change (camber) then rubber type!
:listen: beware for drifter cars with lot of camber!:nurse:

4: it shouldn't be quality problem! to dangerous if it is! :rolleyes: no comment on titan damper!

:listen:so just check the top mount design! make sure it can take the angle u wan before :driver::driver::driver:!

by the way HAPPY NEW YEAR

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
an we use titan abs then change the pillow to good one?

hanslin

Known Member
Dec 23, 2008
:biggrin:i need to see some picture where it broke, anyone?
than maybe i chould give a better advice!:biggrin:

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
I asked one of the mech i met today. He said if use the pillowball even imported one eg HKS can break quite quickly. He suggested just use the rubber mount.. more tough . That;s a second opinion. I also not that sure.

hanslin

Known Member
Dec 23, 2008
:confused:any picture???? need to see where it broke!
:nurse:will road driving:driver: force on impact on higher than track or rally use??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all...
can i potong the stock spring for lower my car?
any suggestion?
i don't want to change sport spring cause my fren say it will be "Bumpy" ...
so i decide to potong the stock spring...

:)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience