timing retarding problem for 20v svt

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

turbo10

500 RPM
looking for all sifu..my frens car just been transplanted..20v silvertop..going into a ke70 2 doors..the problem is..the engine starts ok..but when we ram the engine, it keeps retarding the ignition timing.the more rpm, the more timing retarded..during test drive also like that..when trying to floor the throttle, it kept retarding and car were so slow and cant accelerate smoothly...pls anyone have encountered this problem? any solution guys?:embaressed_smile: :embaressed_smile:

unplug the knock sensor and try.. dun rev it too hard when doing the test.
if it was the problem, check water pump and all the bearings around, must be some thing worn out creating knocking effect.
u can use any tool knocking the block with timing light check. make sure knock sensor is functioning well too..

i will try that..thank you bro..u always help me..hehe..i will try it like what u said.mebbe the knock sensor problem..thanks..i'll update the progress.

Check if got any error codes from the ECU.
Make sure you have all the sensor connected.

levinTE27 sifu..did already the test as u said..seems not the knock problem since unplugging the knock sensor, problem still exist..i'll try next like levin818 said plak..thanx u all sifus

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom