The sensation of speed is.....

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
The sensation of speed is determined by the size and type of your car. The smaller the car, the faster everything seems to be.

Let's discuss.

The sensation of speed is determined by the size and type of your car. The smaller the car, the faster everything seems to be.

Let's discuss.

Not really, it depends a lot on the stability of your car too. Before I did my transplant to my VR, on stock 2.0 SOHC auto and stock suspension, I always feel the car very fast when doing 150kph on the highway due to floaty feeling and so on. After transplant with full suspension rebuilt at 190kph speed cut I thought I was still at 140 only.....:biggrin:

for me..my sensation of speed would be the smoothness of everything along the way..the car..the road..the traffic..other driver too..no use if u can drive to ur top speed but half way stuck behind some road hogger a**..hehehe

I dunno y but I feel faster driving my kancil during speeds at 80kmh...feel like travelling @ 120kmh

I feel confident like Airplane at highspeed when i drove my old tank. I feel save no matter wht speed i goo. Fav highway, Lekas highway. even though is far from my house. haha

Not really, it depends a lot on the stability of your car too. Before I did my transplant to my VR, on stock 2.0 SOHC auto and stock suspension, I always feel the car very fast when doing 150kph on the highway due to floaty feeling and so on. After transplant with full suspension rebuilt at 190kph speed cut I thought I was still at 140 only.....:biggrin:

Maybe because your car heavier after transplant? And you did mention the stock Galant suspension cannot withstand the power from 4G63T so you changed the suspension. Maybe that is why the car feels more stable?

For my case, I feel faster inside a Wira at 80kmh compared to a FD2 at the same speed. The engine sound and induction noise sounds more exciting in Wira as well.

For me, if the car is quiet and stable as hell. You won't realised that you are over speeding. In kancil 120km/h and in Corolla 120km/h I think I feel the same speed. Just the level of security is lower in a kancil haha!

To back that up, I drove 110km/h in Corolla and I drove 110km/h in a Kelisa. HM is already saying that I'm driving too fast when in a kelisa. Wind noise and stability of the car is the one that makes u feel u are driving too fast.

Just my 2 cents. 120km/h in a stock kancil is scary indeed. haha!

For me, if the car is quiet and stable as hell. You won't realised that you are over speeding. In kancil 120km/h and in Corolla 120km/h I think I feel the same speed. Just the level of security is lower in a kancil haha!

To back that up, I drove 110km/h in Corolla and I drove 110km/h in a Kelisa. HM is already saying that I'm driving too fast when in a kelisa. Wind noise and stability of the car is the one that makes u feel u are driving too fast.

Just my 2 cents. 120km/h in a stock kancil is scary indeed. haha!

HM is??

I ride before 110kmh in a Kancil before. Not that bad. It was that flamethrower Kancil that I showed before.

Around this speed max already.
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0341.jpg
    DSC_0341.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 312
Your flamethrower kancil is lit by a cigarette lighter? Wow.

And on topic, no wonder planes taking off feel so slow.

On 110km/h, Innova feels scarily fast.
When I first drove the Persona, I was driving to 120km/h without realizing it was that fast already.

HM is??

I ride before 110kmh in a Kancil before. Not that bad. It was that flamethrower Kancil that I showed before.

attachment.php

110km/h really max? That's what cvkit told me that top speed of kancil is 110km/h. Since, I just got the deer so I try to tekan and see what is the top speed. It exceeds 120km/h. It can still go but is a kinda scary for me to go even more than that on highway. All the wind noise and car feeling unstable makes me feel the car going too fast.

I used to drive the Wira thinking it was fast. Then after driving several different larger CC cars, I have come to realize that speed is directly proportional to the capacity of your car. The more you have, the faster your car is in comparison to the smaller car even though it feels like the same speed.

James May was the one who said that after going top speed flat out on the Veryon, his sense of speed was warped until he thought going 100km/h was standstill.

Basically - I created this thread because of a Viva driver this morning who thought he was fast and hogging the overtaking lane. It was irritating trying to maintain his speed.

I used to drive the Wira thinking it was fast. Then after driving several different larger CC cars, I have come to realize that speed is directly proportional to the capacity of your car. The more you have, the faster your car is in comparison to the smaller car even though it feels like the same speed.

James May was the one who said that after going top speed flat out on the Veryon, his sense of speed was warped until he thought going 100km/h was standstill.

Basically - I created this thread because of a Viva driver this morning who thought he was fast and hogging the overtaking lane. It was irritating trying to maintain his speed.

Now I know why I don't hog lanes even traveling at 110km/h in kancil. Everything seems slow to me. :rolleyes: ::biggrin:

Maybe because your car heavier after transplant? And you did mention the stock Galant suspension cannot withstand the power from 4G63T so you changed the suspension. Maybe that is why the car feels more stable?

For my case, I feel faster inside a Wira at 80kmh compared to a FD2 at the same speed. The engine sound and induction noise sounds more exciting in Wira as well.

Already mentioned stability mah!. More stable less feel speed.....:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

HM is??

attachment.php

HM.....Home Minister aka his wife......:rofl::rofl:

Wow, RPM meter at 10k.....:adore:

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

This one shud be the newer facelift round lights kancil speedometer. Same ridiculous concept like Vios that place the speedometer in the middle.

Your flamethrower kancil is lit by a cigarette lighter? Wow.

And on topic, no wonder planes taking off feel so slow.

Not my Kancil. Friend's car. Flame exhaust.

attachment.php

110km/h really max? That's what cvkit told me that top speed of kancil is 110km/h. Since, I just got the deer so I try to tekan and see what is the top speed. It exceeds 120km/h. It can still go but is a kinda scary for me to go even more than that on highway. All the wind noise and car feeling unstable makes me feel the car going too fast.

I don't know why my friend's car he say he is going at full throttle on 4th gear and still can't go over 110kmh.

Now I know why I don't hog lanes even traveling at 110km/h in kancil. Everything seems slow to me. :rolleyes: ::biggrin:

Are you some sort of racing champion? Everything seems slow, lol. :rofl:

Now only I know. Usually HM is for Headmaster. :biggrin:

And my friend told me he tried to go till 9k before. I guess there is no rev cut in Kancil 660 engine, haha. If I can get 10k RPM MIVEC Lancer/Mirage meter on my car, looks nice also.

This one shud be the newer facelift round lights kancil speedometer. Same ridiculous concept like Vios that place the speedometer in the middle.

Why? You hate that type of meter? Well, I do. :biggrin:

Top Bottom