Temperature Meter going crazy

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Search

azir

Known Member
Apr 7, 2005
My proton 2004 uk spec temperature meter going crazy after 10months used.......
what should i do? so panic when saw the meter going out limit...wahh..thought that my car engine going to blow......after switch off the air cond, and swith on again, the meter going down slowly n slowly and getting normal back..... after drive about 20minit the temperature "cacat" again going down show like fuel meter with balance rm10 (less than quater). does anyone have a same problem like me.....very sad proton, uk spec also got this prob..... any suggestions?

Last edited:

fritz

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
Malaysia
www.mrbaoz.com.my
wah..i thought continental car hav this type of problem..but proton also ar?hehe..better check oh..sounds dangerous..

kinki_kidz®

Known Member
Feb 1, 2004
Visit site
i used to hav the same problem like yours
most probably ur fan got some problem
check ur radiator fan connection...or the thermostat thingy

my situation is like this:
cruising no problem, after it comes to traffic light for too long...or traffic jam..
the fan will stop itself and temperature rise
after i turn off and on the aircon... the fan will spin again -__-
my mechanic says the fuse thingy got abit problem...but he didnt change lar
he resolder the connection..and make my radiator fan turn no matter what temperature(the fan starts spinning the moment i turn my car key)
now okay liao.. rm5 settle :D

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
i think is the temp sensor problem lah

azir

Known Member
Apr 7, 2005
kinki_kidz® said:
i used to hav the same problem like yours

my situation is like this:
cruising no problem, after it comes to traffic light for too long...or traffic jam..
the fan will stop itself and temperature rise
:D
i think ithe prob with my temp sensor la.... coz its not happen at traffic light or traffic jam,only when i cruising around 100 - 120km the temp sensor will going up in second untill red..... to scary..... after that going normal back..

azir

Known Member
Apr 7, 2005
fritz said:
wah..i thought continental car hav this type of problem..but proton also ar?hehe..better check oh..sounds dangerous..

mine was Proton UK spec, can consider as continental car also what............. heheheheheheh:D

johndoe

Known Member
May 8, 2005
My proton wira alos got same problem. both the oil n temp meter can swing to max or min. but just change it ade. :)

A Post Every 5 Mins

hi guys,
what advantage this engine with auto transmission? i want to change gearbox to manual transmission. how do u think about it? i need more power..... more satisfaction....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience