SVT 20valve seal change, solve engine oil drinking problem?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

gto_yap

Known Member
Jul 31, 2004
Visit site
i 've a problem with SVT 20v 94' engine oil lost problem and i suffer it long time already,

anyone of u hav come across to change the 20 pieces valve seal and solve

the problem?

how much is the workmanship and does it really work?

Because my foman advise me to change the valve seal to test 1st, becoz he said toyota

engine mostly problem with the valve seal only.

Should i change the valve seal 1st , or overhaul straight away? plz giv some advice.

Thanks in advance!
yap

corollagtouring

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2005
SVT engine block only now cost RM400~600....

gto_yap said:
i 've a problem with SVT 20v 94' engine oil lost problem and i suffer it long time already,

anyone of u hav come across to change the 20 pieces valve seal and solve

the problem?

how much is the workmanship and does it really work?

Because my foman advise me to change the valve seal to test 1st, becoz he said toyota

engine mostly problem with the valve seal only.

Should i change the valve seal 1st , or overhaul straight away? plz giv some advice.

Thanks in advance!
yap

corolla92levin

Known Member
Feb 28, 2005
yapp...

i advise u u go kedai potong then u buy the engine lantai..

b4 this i already do overhaul my engine.change piston ring,crank bearing and valve seal.and the result getting worst..u wiill heard tepet sound worst then the diesel engine..if ur pomen can do re shim properly.sure all the sound hilang...

i think the best way iss just go buy engine lantai..find good2 wan.now at my hse.i got extra svt engine..the engine dat i do my overhaul last time...so simpanlah..if later my engine now kong..so..doo back properly.then install...hehehhe....

20v always valve seal koyak..donno why..maybe byk sgt mulut kot
hahahahahahha....

gto_yap

Known Member
Jul 31, 2004
Visit site
Thanks!

ya, my fren offer me a lantai engine before is Rm550, engine alone..

i think this is the better way too.

i 'm wonder why the current engine now is in good performance, need to repair it just for peace of mine.

Last edited:

corolla92levin

Known Member
Feb 28, 2005
yap..i think u need to survey first.some halfcut shop selling round 400-500.b4 this i went to kepong n i ask engine kosong just only 400.the condition is perfect..but dat time i go wif my formen..so maybe my formen ask got cheaperla..ask ur formen maybe got cheaper then 550..if u got extra money go buy BT engine lantai.just plug n play.xcept chnage timing belt..

gto_yap said:
Thanks!

ya, my fren offer me a lantai engine before is Rm550, engine alone..

i think this is the better way too.

i 'm wonder why the current engine now is in good performance, need to repair it just for peace of mine.

Blacktop20V

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
Bro,

I had the same problem.... Do a top overhaul is better. I done it in Trial Tuning, Sungai Besi.
I did few things since open up the top set like overhaul, the tak tak... sound and ported. After doing it, the engine like reborn and better response. Trust me.... if got some spare money change the cam pully as well. Do all will have better discount.

Good luck...

gto_yap

Known Member
Jul 31, 2004
Visit site
Corolla92levin,

really thanks for ur info and advice, one problem i need to consider is if i change kosong engine, izzit it i still need to go JPJ to change my engine number? But if Rm400 can get a sui engine really worth it la..

Blacktop20v,

how much u done for the overall repair? did u solve the problem now? Top overhaul is enough? got better discount roughly how much the price to do?

thanks
yap

corollagtouring

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2005
Can blacktop engine run with SVT wiring, sensor and ECU?

Blacktop20V

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
I did the top overhaul with porting and redo the tak tak sound for around RM1200. I think if you wan to do top overhaul may cause you RM500??? call William of Trial Tuning and ask him about the price.

kennix

Known Member
Jan 29, 2004
Visit site
Chu,

Would like to know more about that too on Blacktop with SVT wiring, Ecu..and etc. Thanks. Cheers.

corolla92levin

Known Member
Feb 28, 2005
corollagtouring said:
Can blacktop engine run with SVT wiring, sensor and ECU?

cannn..just plug n play...cunn..power increase...

corollagttouring ko nie syawal ker yang kerja kat freescale?..

gto_yap

Known Member
Jul 31, 2004
Visit site
sure?

who can do the job? according to Chu b4, his car need the BT ECU to run coz of the AFM AE101

kennix

Known Member
Jan 29, 2004
Visit site
Hmm...I thought both SVT and BLT have different sensor reading as in AFM & MAP. So the ECU will get different reading....confuse lar...

Anyone care to explain ar???? Thanks in advance. Cheers

toyFan

Known Member
Apr 29, 2005
Brother EG9,

Can explain ar?

if can, than i can have BT anytime liao!! yahoooo :tee:

synchron

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
My susgestion is to overhaul the engine.

Reason why:-

1) You cannot confirm that all the engine kosong are in good shape or condition. You are just gambling your luck to find a good condition one.

2) A proper rebuild or overhauled engine is 100% better than the used ones. If a engine is rebuild properly, i can say that the engine will be running 5 years without a problem unless you have done other modification which can shorten the life span of the engine. You can tell easily when you start the engine, and also the engine will rev lighter than normal.

3) How can you change the engine without know what is the course of the problem, it might be valve seals, engine seals, piston rings, even maybe gasket.

gto_yap

Known Member
Jul 31, 2004
Visit site
synchron,

can suggest any place to rebuild the engine and the parts. where can get a reasonable price and good work.

thanks!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

German tuner MTM is known for its high powered mean looking Euro machines and has been at it again. This time they got a hold of the new Audi RS5, sprinkled a bit of tuning dust and ended up with this mean red 300km/h machine.

However, instead of taking the entire car apart and reworking it like most...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience