Suzuki Kizashi Apex Concept drops over 275hp on the table

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

The New York Autoshow is currently underway and Suzuki brought out a few concepts of their new Kizashi sedan for the public to oogle at. One of those is the Kizashi Apex Concept that packs forced induction and bring a handful of performance into the mix. While the other concept, the Kizashi EcoCharge, was all about fuel efficiency, the Apex Concept boots it out the window for some proper fuel-guzzling power.

Packing upwards of 275hp and bordering the triple century mark, the Apex Concept gets all that ponies from a Garrett turbocharger that is plugged onto the stock 2.4-liter mill. Cooling duties are handled by an air-to-liquid intercooler and an electronic boost controller maintains maximum boost at a manufacturer-safe 0.6 bar.

Complementing the powertrain upgrades would be a host of exterior upgrades that draws inspirtation from Suzuki's two-wheeled racing heritage. The livery on the outside is taken from the actual Suzuki GSX-R superbike, so don't go thinking there's a Yoshimura exhaust underneath. HID headlamps, LED foglights and 19-inch wheels wrapped in Yokohama S.Drive rubbers measuring 245/35/19 all around complete the package. On the inside, blue Alcantara accents adorn the bucket seats and steering wheel.

"Our turbo-equipped concept leverages the already-exceptional Kizashi platform and infuses it with a substantial boost. The Kizashi Apex Concept will further elevate our flagship sedan in the U.S. among enthusiasts who crave added power and performance," said Steve Younan, director of automotive marketing and product planning for American Suzuki Motor Corporation.

At the end of the day though, as is the case with all concepts, the chances of the Kizashi Apex Concept going into production looks as slim as Shady himself.

Source:

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
Wondering if Suzuki Malaysia will bring this model into Malaysia...:dontknow:
The CBU unit might be cost on par with brand-new Accord 2.0 price tag

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
The price on par with a Accord 2.0? No way. I would book one straight away without looking or test driving it. It should be on the RM180k - RM200k range. Just like the Mazda MPS.

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
No, dont get me wrong.
I mean the price for plain 2.4 liter model, not the Apex concept version. :adore:
Sorry if misleading you.

Heard from someone insider Suzuki Malaysia, that they initially had a plan to bring Kizashi FWD CVT model. But, due to pricing structure, it would be in slightly cheaper than Accord 2.4 and Camry 2.4

They were looking into possibility to price it slightly above the Accord 2.0 to attract buyers. With the current economic situation, it still too early to decide. :dontknow:

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
No, dont get me wrong.
I mean the price for plain 2.4 liter model, not the Apex concept version. :adore:
Sorry if misleading you.

Heard from someone insider Suzuki Malaysia, that they initially had a plan to bring Kizashi FWD CVT model. But, due to pricing structure, it would be in slightly cheaper than Accord 2.4 and Camry 2.4

They were looking into possibility to price it slightly above the Accord 2.0 to attract buyers. With the current economic situation, it still too early to decide. :dontknow:
If it's for the standard version I would go for an Accord then. Hehe. Even though for the standard version being the same displacement as the accord and camry most consumers will go for these 2 models instead of the suzuki as suzuki comes across as an alternative to executive sedans like those 2. IMO no other sedans in those price range can match the camry and accord.

BE5RSK

Known Member
Dec 31, 2009
Besaout
Yeah, agreed with you.
The domination of Accord-Camry in car price region of RM 140k - RM 170k, is like untouchable... Plus, Kizashi size is quite small compared to those two models.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
was kizashi sedan coming from suzuki SX4 hatchback???? :hmmmm:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, do U know what is the best way to clean fabric car seat? My car seat is a bit dirty especially the driver's seat because of sweat and other stain. I prefer not to use Febreze because it only mask or cover the smell only, not eliminating it altogether. :hmmmm:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience