Sunway car mod experts says......

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
prodigy, I dont think I misinterpreted them but more like they didnt send the statement to their grey matter before out their pie hole.

What they did was to generalise lower income group and in addition to that they made it sound like the lower income bracket are attention deficient el'cheapo wannabes who gave the Richmonds a bad name in the automotive arena.

Their intention "may" be good but their lack of soft skill or communication diplomacy branded lower income group as such which could have been avoided all together if they did not state "lower income group". With that statement are they insinuating that pokai people cant enhance their car?

Btw, I am not flaming the bandar sunway professionals know it all "pohmen" but just posting their thoughts in zth for all to borak about and obviously some cant handle it and starts attacking with personal vendeta.

Peace.

Lets practise critical thinking and not act like a form 3 drop out shall we?

Last edited:

sysh

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
KL
.. well, different people have their own funny ways to express their feelings.. but it's all good.. we at zth are fun loving people, are we? :)

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
munpeng,
yeah you got your point too, and after what you've said i can understand why you say that, we are basically from different walks of life. I don't study business comunication skill, instead i'm doing software engineering so i intepret sentense by its structure, grammar, and logic.

Note: i'm going to talk crap from now on, you can skip everything if you are not interested or you don't like me.

so basically the sentense "Goh said that this was common among drivers from the lower-income bracket." means to me is:

- high income group can/will still buy cheap mods
- low income group can/will still buy proper good/expensive mods
- not all lower income group will only buy cheap mods

and to the "common" part, means to me:
- it is assumed that most of the time a normal person will normally buy things in his own budget range.
- all cheap to expensive mods are within higher income group's budget
- extremely expensive mods are assumed to be out of reach by most lower income group
- currently talking about cheap mods like blinking windscreen spray nozzle, so cheaper alternative to proper mods are excluded (eg, use second hand GTR brakes instead of buying new set of brembo)
- it is asumed that if higher income group can buy all range of stuff, but lower income group might be limited to cheap-moderate mods. Assumed both group buy things spreaded in the range.
- comparison: assumend there are same amount of people in each group, chances are the lower income group's purchase will be in the low-mid price mods, which means the frequency of you spoting a person who's from a lower income group buy cheaper mods is higher.
- reality check: lower income group's population is more than higher income group, thus making the word "common" totally acceptable in this sentense, without "generalizing" anyone to the catagory.

notice i used the word "assumed" over and over, well, dun blame me, i'm still an undergraduate student, and thats what we are taught to do in our documentation preperation, there is always an assumption section where YOU the one who write the documentation determinds the situation/condition.

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
sysh said:
.. well, different people have their own funny ways to express their feelings.. but it's all good.. we at zth are fun loving people, are we? :)
well yeah, i assume that at this hour maybe some of us had not yet have dinner, so hungry ppl = grumpy ppl..

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Hahaha, totally agree with you that we are from different walks of life, therefore we see things in different way, I am an undergraduate student too, I am being taught that, in business you have to be very very careful with your usage of words. To me, "lower income bracket" is a very sensitive term.

It's been nice discussing with you, rollakid.

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
btw come to think of it , the article was written rather harsh towards the "lower income bracket" but heck the newspaper editorials should reinterpret the article in the 1st place instead of being so "direct" to avoid this issue in the 1st place .

sysh

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
KL
man, i wished i was an undergraduate student..
.. missed all the days when i can just put in "assumptions" or use "ceteris paribus" to solve all my problems :)

sysh

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
KL
wah.. see your nick gotta make sure not to play play with you..dangerous..!
give them chance lar..haha

but no, dunno what's their shop name
not gonna bother lar.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
let's talk about different topic now, although studying in a college is a great experience, but I have never find it enjoying, I missed the time when I was working during the holiday, coz when you are working (as a part timer), it's less stressful compared to rushing to finish up the never-ending assignments, and I can earn money although it's very little only. UniSA sucks man, haha, but have to get a degree to survive nowadays....

sysh

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
KL
.. well i don't know. when i was in college, i was dreading bout assignments, exams, presentations etc. then i thought graduating fast and work is great. but actually come to think of it, studying is somewhat better.. it's no fun having to meet work deadlines with your boss hounding you 24/7, and if you miss it...you're literally dead. only good thing is make a few more bucks than part-time lar..

so, you're in UniSA? that's cool.. are you in Adelaide already or still twinning at the moment. They're pretty good, i heard :)

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
twinning, but not really, coz staying here to do 3+0, lazy to go Adelaide lar, a lecturer said it's very boring over there, that's why they said it's a "fantastic" environment for studying, coz there's no nightlife for you, you can definitely concentrate well, lol.

I only have 2 months of working experience as a part timer, it was fun because I worked in Speedy, and it was all about entertainment only, haha, that's why I said it was better than studying. I think your boss is abit too demanding, but good also, coz you will improve I think.....

HanJackaL

1,000 RPM
Dec 8, 2004
PJ
The Star probably asked those 2 guys regarding their opinions about people who put funny light on their car.And the only answer they could give would be something like this : "Aiyoh,those people ah,they just put those lights cos cheap mah,and HID too expensive so they put blink blink lights loh!" so the star writer probably summarized it and wrote "Lower income bracket to attract attention"..you know how screwed up the reporters and media are..

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
to me,ppl who wanna attract attention without spending money are those who (no offence) example,wira drivers who think they'r driving evo,kancils who think its SLK those kinda person
those cars,some are dead stock to the rotten steel rims,yet drive recklessly...

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
Hahaha... now only they announce ah?

I upgraded my brakes and suspension (using everything from a VR4) way b4 I did the engine transplant to turbo (was running NA then) 2 years back. Costs me a bomb back then but today after the conversion, I'm a happy camper.

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
haiyo.. wan attention.. just stick your butt out the window when you're driving.. sure attract attention.. summore free...

or if your car is white colour.. dunno what will it feel if you write caligraphy on the whole car.. XD write the whole sun zhi bing fa on your car.. XD

sysh

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
KL
.. hmm, still thinking whether to save up for a conversion or get another car in the not too distant future

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
wow, respect weihh d coolness of some of u guys in the discussion... very matured n with respect for each other. :regular_smile:

i believed it was abit wrong also la the 2 guys used "lower income bracket" ... guess everybody hav their own views, so i'll stop here la... cheers!! :regular_smile:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Got this:

"This account has been suspended. Either the domain has been overused, or the reseller ran out of resources."

Plus, there has been no new updates from the sellers.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience