Suitable engine oil for 4AGE Blacktop

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Hi sifus,

Just want to ask here... What are the suitable engine oils for blacktop. The reason is because I plan to change my car's oil grade. I have been using 10W40 all along. Planning to change to 0W30, 5W30 or 10W30. The reason is because when I was using 4AFE, I realise that the "30" series does make the engine feel lighter and fuel economy improved. However, I'm not sure if this can be used on blacktop since it is high revving.

1. Will it provide enough protection at high load, high rev? I do not blast all the time but occasionally just for fun and overtaking. Mainly city drive.

2. Will it fail to protect the vvt pulley and solenoid? I have heard people say that the blacktop vvt controller will fail if we use the wrong type of engine oil. Don't know its true or just myth.

Thank you for your input.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
What viscosity is recommended for the Blacktop? Better to follow factory recommended viscosity.
If really want to try then go FS 0w-30 or 5w-30. For me I tried them in my VR, but when heated up my engine tappets goes very noisy so I change back to 5w-40.

ahaw

Known Member
Apr 1, 2007
5k service interval oil + filter is a must. fresh oil + fresh plugs + fresh filter = fresh mood to drive :biggrin:

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
those bt touge at genting told me.....they use 10w50....coz they always keep at hi rpm 6k to 9k rpm.....so...the oil viscosity still there....more protect to the engine.....BUT.....normal drive .....the car feel little havier.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
for a car wit a relatively high mileage, u can actually use 30 weight oil, but it depends on d engine really. its oil consumption depends on ur tolerance, if u r comfy enuff for say half a liter for every 1500km, and always servicing it before d oil gets too low, den u can use a 30 weight oil. if u rnt comfy wit any oil consumption, den try thicker oil, but just make sure its an oil dat has high flash point, or a thicker oil wud be meaningless. oil loss can occur by several ways, and evaporation is one of them. pm for more detail, tq

pangyau

1,000 RPM
Oct 17, 2009
Malaysia
My friend,
Motul Turbolight 10W-40 good for you... price also OK.
Or Motul 6100 10W-40 also good.. price small difference.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
My friend,
Motul Turbolight 10W-40 good for you... price also OK.
Or Motul 6100 10W-40 also good.. price small difference.
Thanks bro... Sure Motul! But I just want to ask whether it is okay to use 0w30 or 5w30 grade. Less viscous for better fuel economy and good response for city drive.

I experienced better fuel economy and better power with "30" on my previous engine. But now since it is a high rev engine, i want to make sure it is suitable. Don't want it to shear under high rpm and leave the engine unprotected. Shearing will be real bad.

You know me la... I do not blast or drive hard frequently but just sometimes for fun and for overtaking.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
some1 told better buy at wellknown authorised dealer....coz motul got palsu one......
No prob. Pangyau is a dealer in Sabah with an outlet and proper operations. Even got K&N oil filter to go with it ;)

Wasmo

500 RPM
Oct 17, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi sifus,

Just want to ask here... What are the suitable engine oils for blacktop. The reason is because I plan to change my car's oil grade. I have been using 10W40 all along. Planning to change to 0W30, 5W30 or 10W30. The reason is because when I was using 4AFE, I realise that the "30" series does make the engine feel lighter and fuel economy improved. However, I'm not sure if this can be used on blacktop since it is high revving.

1. Will it provide enough protection at high load, high rev? I do not blast all the time but occasionally just for fun and overtaking. Mainly city drive.

2. Will it fail to protect the vvt pulley and solenoid? I have heard people say that the blacktop vvt controller will fail if we use the wrong type of engine oil. Don't know its true or just myth.

Thank you for your input.
Go for Torco as yr car is NA and high reving,it should be the perfect oil as it is very smooth.I myself use Torco for my toyota seg blacktop and i abuse it everyday.:proud:

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
Go for Torco as yr car is NA and high reving,it should be the perfect oil as it is very smooth.I myself use Torco for my toyota seg blacktop and i abuse it everyday.:proud:
Which torco you have, for me Torco TR5 was crappy lots of friction, lots of noise. At 3k mileage it is like 6k mileage of Motul.

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
i tried so many already...first 2 years after converting i change oil brand and grade every service intervals...now settled with motul 15-50 (cant remember what series it is...i'll snap some pic later...)...works best for my engine...if using 40 or 30 grade...oil level tends to drop after spirited driving...50 grade oil last a little bit longer...maybe all the seals kaput already...

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
I see, well that explain how bad torco semi-sync is. For those who look for semi sync, go for Motul Turbolight/Synergie or Shenzo.

Wasmo

500 RPM
Oct 17, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
I see, well that explain how bad torco semi-sync is. For those who look for semi sync, go for Motul Turbolight/Synergie or Shenzo.
The semi-syn isnt bad..i have friends who use it too.IMO there might be something wrong with yr engine..just sayin.i have another car which uses tr1 which is mineral and it is good..cant find a better mineral oil than tht in our country.

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007

Attachments

KenDiriwan

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2006
kendiriwan.multiply.com
The semi-syn isnt bad..i have friends who use it too.IMO there might be something wrong with yr engine..just sayin.i have another car which uses tr1 which is mineral and it is good..cant find a better mineral oil than tht in our country.
The engine isn't in the best condition, though it does not give me big issue. Guess the condition makes it choosy on lubrication.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi sifus!

My uncle once mentioned to me that his wira already change shox twice at 150k mileage and i havent changed once and mine is already at 158k mileage.

Abt 2 days ago while layan corner near connaught my car seemed to bounce during cornering. Is that signs of dead shox?

hope to get some feedback here =)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience