Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

streamyx slow

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
hi all,

Just wanna check out the streamyx status in your area.
Anyone experience slow streamyx connectivity lately?
my area is either connect to kepong or sentul streamyx exchange coz I'm staying at Jln Ipoh.

My connection is so slow that it takes more than 15 mins just to load zth mainpage. It just started this Monday. Anyone staying same area with me experience the same problem?

thanks.

I do face this problem but only during raining season...
I dunno why also...
since now it's raining season... It's normal for me...
maybe urs also same gua...

zth is slow

Rock Lee, can't be due to the weather right? :D

Typical Guy, i can't even afford to load 2 webpages at a time. Not only ZTH, it happen to all the websites i try to access.

i feel that my current connection is worst than 56K, feel like having 28.8K.

Yes, its true when near rain/thunder, it's slow, they might turm of a few things to avoid thunder. When disconnect hard to connect back. Even here at JB.

recently zth is upgrading the websites la....

it takes longer time to login to zth.......

if u try to surf another website..it stil fast....

maybe gotta ask Tom bout tis..ehhee

upgrading la...be patient.....

I'm staying at OUG area, oso experiencing slow connection or even no connection very often :mad: I'm using router as well, so normally what i'll do is off everything, semua kasi mati. leave it for a while like 10min than turn ON again. sometimes work :wink: I noticed this problem will occur if i leave my router ON 24/7.
another possible cause according to Streamyx is the Y-spliter. They dun recommand us to split the incoming line (from wall), meaning phone line come out from wall, split it with Y-spliter, 1 into modem/router and another to your normal phone.

Kimi, i do have the Y-spliter cum surge protector. But I have been using that setting for years. No problem at all, only start experience it since this Monday.

PS: really not problem at ZTH, i can't load my favourite hamsap site also. Muahahaha.
PS: ZTH is having an upgrade, faster processor, more memory, so it shall be faster.

ehh...ah....
Kimi...
I'm using Y-splitter dei.........
what cons do i get from using a Y-splitter??
I've been disconnecting like hell these few days...
it's like it's timed...every 5 minutes it will disconnect by itself...
I even have to resort into using dial-up...slow but it doesnt get disconnected...

My connection is alright here in SS2. But I get intermittent disconnetions which is bloody irri-fucking-tating.

satria_95 said:
My connection is alright here in SS2. But I get intermittent disconnetions which is bloody irri-fucking-tating.

It take me three minute to reply this post ......

Yah my connection in PG also same lah, terputus putus ....

ZTH problem is, it need 100% reload and every single tiny pic or icon have to appear then only can use (commercial mah) ......
No choice lah since tom not charging anything from us, so let the sponsor pay out bill ......

Connecting to international sites damn slow! Download also crawling!

uhm funny O_o
im surfing smoothly here
click and got the page almost instantly
and even downloads could exceed 100kBps

Rock Lee said:
ehh...ah....
Kimi...
I'm using Y-splitter dei.........
what cons do i get from using a Y-splitter??
I've been disconnecting like hell these few days...
it's like it's timed...every 5 minutes it will disconnect by itself...
I even have to resort into using dial-up...slow but it doesnt get disconnected...

ROCKY ROCKY ROCKY!!!! hehehehe... oooppsss...
Cons using Y-Splitter? Honestly speaking I ain't no professional, I dunno much abt these stuffs. Based on Streamyx's info, removing the Y-splitter and pluggin the line directly into ur modem will help to re-connect but based on my experience this solution is inconsistant.
Furthermore its not a long term solution, after a while it will DC too... gggrrrrrr!!!!
Another thing, i noticed that the Y-splitter causes a lot of noise to my house phone.

sigh... dun use the y-splitter.. use the filter wan.. i tot when they do the installation they got give u 1 wan... i dunno give or charge le... but with the filter.. u can still use both phone and internet at the same time.. and no noise while speakin on the phone either...

I'm not proffesional in this kinda stuff either...
and I thought there was only one option which is to use the Y-splitter...

and now got filter...I dont even know what is that...
_cruel_
The filter u mentioned...How does it look like?? just go any telephone shop can get it or need to go streamyx to acquire??

Y-splitter is driving me mad...wanna try This filter u mentioned

Thanks in advance man~

blacksamurai

yeah.....kepong slow...for few days.....so we got the same problem here

zth and hotmail and other website super slow

all day is problem i thought, for me the big problem is stimix.. not our configuration.. if we call operator they order us to make something that wasting our time.. but the operator didnt know everything "reboot, unplug, check ip and bla bla.." but the truth is thier SERVICE.. for me we should pay rm10 only.. if some have high blood maybe can die.. sigh :P

A Post Every 5 Mins

Can't wait till Super GT in June? Get an early taste of the Super GT excitement this Sunday at the TIMETOATTACK Sepang!. Super GT Organizers, JPM Motorsport shall grace the TIMETOATTACK with their breathtaking NSX GT demo car and GT Racequeens, all for your enjoyment!

To compliment the JDM mood, we have...

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom