STi v8

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
Hi guys,

I'm asking on behalf of my friend. Hope you guys can help.

1. The car's clutch currently has a "klak-klak-klak" sound when engaging gears. Previously, there were no sounds at all during idling or engaging gears. Is the clutch gone?

2. Any idea how much to re-spray the whole car? What is the paint code for the blue? The car currently has a lot of stickers and my friend wants to remove all the stickers and respray the whole car again so it doesn't have "two-tone".

3. Any idea how much is a set of original but 2nd hand chargespeed front and rear bumper, side skirts?

4. Fast gear changes are not smooth even after changing gear oil. Its like the gear is stuck. Any idea what is wrong?

chocolatesttarfish

1,000 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
Hi guys,

I'm asking on behalf of my friend. Hope you guys can help.

1. The car's clutch currently has a "klak-klak-klak" sound when engaging gears. Previously, there were no sounds at all during idling or engaging gears. Is the clutch gone?

2. Any idea how much to re-spray the whole car? What is the paint code for the blue? The car currently has a lot of stickers and my friend wants to remove all the stickers and respray the whole car again so it doesn't have "two-tone".

3. Any idea how much is a set of original but 2nd hand chargespeed front and rear bumper, side skirts?

4. Fast gear changes are not smooth even after changing gear oil. Its like the gear is stuck. Any idea what is wrong?
wahh ur also in STI club? :biggrin::biggrin:
STI a true Evo rival..and a wonderful beast to ride on :biggrin:

mizunori77

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2006
tks for the feedback guys :)

choco : no lar... asking on behalf of my friend... i don't own a subaru :)

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
for the num2. u can try after removing all stickers.. send to a full professional polish.. normally they can eliminate the 2-tone effects..

skubv8

Known Member
Sep 17, 2006
colour code can be found on he VIN plate. The sound could be the leaver gear bushing at your shifter. Change that and see if shifting is smoother. But if it still persist, get ready to change the syncro.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i just want to ask about my car steering. i've change my steering tie rod end but the problem still occur. the problem of my steering is when the road is incline in even bit, my car will not go straight. i need to turn a bit of my car steering to opposite direction of the inclination to the road condition so that my car will go staight. my car has a good allignment too. can u guys help me as soon as possible
may be the pinion and rack of m car is the main problem...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience