• Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Search

2.0turbo

Known Member
May 9, 2004
Can u describe the ride one will have for these 2 senarios :

1) hard spring + soft absorber

2) soft spring + hard absorber

My car is wira 1.8 original spec. I am planning to use waja rear spring and vr4 front spring to match with standard wira 1.8 absober. My car will be higher than normal cause by the thicker spring ( this is my intention ) but how about my ride ?
Will it be too stiff ?

TQ

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
it'll be like a boat.

stiff or not, it'll totally wont synch.

suspension is like good music. It must have harmony. The springs must match the car's weight, height etc..
and the damper must be tuned to match the springs.

i honestly wont do what you're planning, so it's up to you :)

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
with a hard spring u dun need absorber liao...because hard spring dont allow much movement due to its hard physically.

with a soft spring ur car feels floating but this is movement of spring is absorbed by the hard absorber so jsut nice...
try the 2nd option...

2.0turbo

Known Member
May 9, 2004
Originally posted by ninja_iga@Feb 23 2005, 22:00
it'll be like a boat.

stiff or not, it'll totally wont synch.

suspension is like good music. It must have harmony. The springs must match the car's weight, height etc..
and the damper must be tuned to match the springs.

i honestly wont do what you're planning, so it's up to you :)
I think the weight for waja, Vr4 are slightly heavier than wira 1.8. So it will be only a little stiff. I am wishing that the ride as comfy as a Merc. Pls correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway tq for the fast reply.

2.0turbo

Known Member
May 9, 2004
Just one more question.........

alot of people complain that adjustable absorber hi/lo only is too stiff for them. The ride is very bumpy like riding a horse. Is this phenomenon due to stiff spring or hard absorber ?

2.0turbo

Known Member
May 9, 2004
Originally posted by ninja_iga@Feb 24 2005, 22:53
this phenomenon is due to poor tuning.
nothing more.

test out TiTANs then only you'd understand :)
titan is too expensive lor ! but if the ride will be as comfy as luxury cars then it is worth it. :)

2.0turbo

Known Member
May 9, 2004
Originally posted by jeremylj@Feb 27 2005, 00:36
wira 1.8 spring is the same as waja's rear...
thats why I want to install it on my wira

2.0turbo

Known Member
May 9, 2004
got a 2nd hand hi/lo, soft hard absorber for sale...........spring rate 8 for the front and 6 for the rear...........are the spring rates suitable for wira 1.8 ? What is a suitable spring rate for comfort for wira 1.8 ?

tq

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
Originally posted by 2.0turbo+Feb 26 2005, 00:08 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (2.0turbo @ Feb 26 2005, 00:08 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ninja_iga@Feb 24 2005, 22:53
this phenomenon is due to poor tuning.
nothing more.

test out TiTANs then only you'd understand :)
titan is too expensive lor ! but if the ride will be as comfy as luxury cars then it is worth it. :) [/b][/quote]
well ^_^

best to test and then comment! :)

2.0turbo

Known Member
May 9, 2004
Originally posted by ninja_iga@Mar 2 2005, 00:20
comfort? 4kg front and 3.5 kg rear.
dude,

sorry pls, don't advertise your stuff here, pls advertise it at the Used 2nd hand section :)
I am not advertising my stuff..........but I am thinking of buying a 2nd hand absorber.....hope this will clear the misunderstanding.......thanks 4 the info.

inside0ut

Known Member
Oct 27, 2005
PJ
xcuse me,sorry for disturb u guys,i just wanna ask u guys a few q.izzit wira se abs same like gti or waja?im planning to low a bit my wira se,but,some ppl said if change directly to lowered spring,my car will be like a boat.so,any suggestion?the best setup with less budget.thanks!

A Post Every 5 Mins

Got this review from Import Tuner. Find it quite useful. Wondering is this product available in our shores...

From the September said:
You spend all night preparing for a car show, your engine and engine bay are perfectly detailed but you still have one problem: What are you going to do with that unsightly rusted exhaust manifold that sticks out like a sore thumb? We found a solution that’s easy to apply, affordable, and most...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience