sigh.. juz not my day

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
sigh.. juz not my day.. battery fried..

hi zthians.. last nite my car had a problem... the +ve connector of my car battery touched the hood.. i notice few days back my car had a small jerking and the electrical stuff inside on n off.. i checked n saw the red rubber had been torn (cuz of the +ve nut is too big) n caused a small short circut at the hood.. i try n cover it with pvc tape. it helped abit.. but last nite was shocking..
all of the sudden when driving my car engine n all of the electrical mati.. TOTALLY dead! i stop beside the road, open the hood n it was on a small fire! lucky got my mineral water nmanage put it out.. my battery fried n the hood was berlubang due 2 d short circut.!

Now the car is at service center.. the mechanic sed proton can onli cover the wiring n adapter fuse.. battery i hav to change on my own cost. n the hood he sed juz tampal n spray. then i sey, if tampal onli then 2-3 month sure rust back. mesti tukar whole hood la. then he sed cannot2.. btw i added a ground wire kit last 3 month. but that is nuthing to do with it ryte?? cuz it does not disturb the +ive port. this is caused of the factory fault.. i didn touch or change the battery +ve connector or do any engine mods. And my car is still under warranty!

Need help yr opinion on wats the best action to take..

Last edited:

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
the +ve connector is big, the mechanic sed.. the nut is to high until it punctured the rubber cover of the +ve connector n hit the hood.. i noticed it few days back but no time to go to proton n check it up. im driving putra...

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
wah... short circuit car ohh... carefull with wiring those stuff... ur electrical gadgets inside ur car might damaged because of that... if ur car grounding cables got connect to car body, sure can ground those currents... the fire u mean under the hood caused by short circuit lar... thats why people say those fire started at home caused by short circuit is somewhat like ur problem...

anyway, why he say cannot tukar whole hood??... or he meant tampal and spray wont make ur hood rust in the future??... i think after spray wont rust so fast la... mayb next time only u think of changing to a nicer hood lo...

i wiring and adaptor fuse dont cost much, no need travel far far to proton service centre lo... except if ur car got some other extra problem, sure can go settle it together at proton service centre...

gogo2

Jun 12, 2005
Penang
I think a way to avoid +ve terminal touching the hood is to put superlon.

Anyway, good luck to you. Its weird that battery +ve terminal located so high that it touch the hood....

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
i used 2 drive an old saga... n as every1 know the saga in the early days are veri bad at body work, get rusted here n there due cuz of their welding those days.. i sprayed it few of times n yet the rust still comes out no matter how... its like cancer... from those cheap papan shop ryte up to hitech spray shop.. still the same.. dats y tryin to get it renew rather then juz patch cuz i suppose the battery liquid sure kena other part of the hood.. :frown:

phat7

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
if there is an existing short in your circuit or for example your alarm uses body to ground etc grounding wires can actually supply power without your -terminal. I would suggest you look into this matter first.

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
wow..
i have this problem also

i driving driving then whole car dead
no more light no anything.. cannot start also

the coward is one of small wire (+ve) is exposed and touch the engine block...

so.. balut back with isulating tape and case solved.. :)

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
i thought you need to have (+ve) and (-ve) touching the body in order to create the full circuit?

normality78

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
JB
Visit site
WAT..????!!!!!! pos + terminal touch body panel? WAHLAO...!!!! u lucky never fry the entire electircal thing in your car. do u know how serious whn pos+ touched the car body?

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
ok guys any suggestion on what to do? :frown: Do i have the rights 2 claim every repairing for FOC.?

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
dude, is there any picture u can show us... ahah first time i'm hearing this.. i really would like to see the aftermath the battery connector did..... keke...

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
sori.. it happen at nite.. cant reli c with cam phone.. maybe soon i will upload sum if i manage 2 take it..

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
cant claim unles ur car juz out from factory for one week a

drive so long oledi...they cant do anything..hard to argue huh....

battery too big i guess....most wira/putra/satria r like tat....but usualy is the bracket screw touch d hood..not batery terminal

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
hah.. one week onli ar... but then the warranty stated 2 years.. man.. im starting to hate proton day by day..

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
FoarGeez said:
hah.. one week onli ar... but then the warranty stated 2 years.. man.. im starting to hate proton day by day..
depends on wat problems la...

say for 2 years..but then when u claim...alot of shit excuses will be given...

"encik,ini tak cover dalam waranty la...kena bayar sendiri...ok tak?" ahhaa....hai lat oledi

FoarGeez

Known Member
Jun 20, 2005
Koala Loompour
huakenny said:
cant claim unles ur car juz out from factory for one week a

drive so long oledi...they cant do anything..hard to argue huh....

battery too big i guess....most wira/putra/satria r like tat....but usualy is the bracket screw touch d hood..not batery terminal
i think its the bracket screw.. cuz i dont knoe wat is it actually called.. so i simply tembak onli the name.. hope proton wont argue n give me bs excuses.. but again juz 2 quote my statement, adding ground wire is nothing gotta do with it ryte?

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
FoarGeez said:
i think its the bracket screw.. cuz i dont knoe wat is it actually called.. so i simply tembak onli the name.. hope proton wont argue n give me bs excuses.. but again juz 2 quote my statement, adding ground wire is nothing gotta do with it ryte?
take a photo n show us lo..which screw touched the hood

grounding is nothing to do wit tat....

Fire sparked up when (+) touch (-) side.....it wil shock ur electrical n u can smel or see some smokes....it wil light up a fire if too serious....u need a fire extiguisher....wATCH OUT MAN

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Honda Malaysia Sdn Bhd stole the limelight of the 2010 Kuala Lumpur International Motorshow when it launched the highly anticipated Honda Insight at an unbelievable price of RM98,000.

This newly launched entry hybrid model broke new grounds...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience