Servicing your Cefiro

MafiaRide

Jun 26, 2006
Hello,

Was wondering where most of you guys service your Cefiro. Reason I ask is I need to change my tranny filter and TC quoted me about RM5++ for the whole job and it takes half a day.

Could anyone recommend me a shop which can do the job reliably, reasonably priced and complete it at a reasonable time. Would really appreciate the info.

PS - How about AutoChild? ANyone has any experience using their services.

Thanks

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
My mech is in USJ. He's pretty reasonably priced. Ong has used him and he's quite happy... :smile:

MafiaRide

Jun 26, 2006
I'm living in Old Klang Road. Don't mind to travel further for a good and reasonably priced workshop.

One more thing, TC told me that if I change my sparkplugs, I also need to change my ignition coils for a grand total of RM2,1++. Since most of you are very experienced Cefiro owners, how true that I need to change my coils along with the plugs? What plugs can I use [other than TC] which will last me another 100,000km?

By the way, which shop in USJ9 [name, location]?

Thanks again.

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
MafiaRide said:
I'm living in Old Klang Road. Don't mind to travel further for a good and reasonably priced workshop.
Old Klang Road is too close to USJ. Just down the highway.

One more thing, TC told me that if I change my sparkplugs, I also need to change my ignition coils for a grand total of RM2,1++. Since most of you are very experienced Cefiro owners, how true that I need to change my coils along with the plugs? What plugs can I use [other than TC] which will last me another 100,000km?
No way! That's not only grossly untrue, it's also grossly overpriced!!! You only need to change coils if they are misfiring. And even then, you only change those that ARE misfiring.

As for plugs, you can use any platinum or irridium plug of the correct rating. Mechanic will know the rating. If not, this is what I use...

a) The original Nissan plug from Tan Chong was a NGK Standard PFR6G-11

b) The ones I have running in my car now are ND Irridium IK-20

By the way, which shop in USJ9 [name, location]?
He's in the USJ 9 Business Centre...just beside the mosque. Call Lee at 016 2436853 and introduce yourself as a member of the Cefiro Club. Wouldn't hurt to drop mine (Chris) or Ong's names as well. Basically, I live within walking distance of his shop.

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
bro mafia...thats loads of bull$hit by TC...why u need to change something thats not broken???

as for spark plug...iridium costs arond rm45 ro rm50 a piece...oem should costs less than rm20 a piece...no harm using stock thou...

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
defcon1 said:
Hmmm...and I was trying so hard not to use the "B" word... :rofl:
what the heck....havent come out with the F word yet...its really frustrating seing TC charging stupid prices...i once heard they charge over rm10k just to change the head gasket!!

MafiaRide

Jun 26, 2006
Thanks Defcon1 and Ong. You guys are truly great. I was sceptical about the coils too. Trust me, I know how TC charges. I had my whole suspension overhauled for RM6,+++ at Glenmarie TC [under arm, absorbers, etc]. They only sold new and whole parts. Also changed the gaskets for the front and back rocker panels and the intake one as well [all 3 places slightly leaking].

Will definitely give Lee a call and go there this Saturday to do it. I take it Lee has the necessary Cefiro parts for our cars. This will be the last time I go to any TC.

Appreciate both your advises.

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
MafiaRide said:
Thanks Defcon1 and Ong. You guys are truly great. I was sceptical about the coils too. Trust me, I know how TC charges. I had my whole suspension overhauled for RM6,+++ at Glenmarie TC [under arm, absorbers, etc]. They only sold new and whole parts. Also changed the gaskets for the front and back rocker panels and the intake one as well [all 3 places slightly leaking].

Will definitely give Lee a call and go there this Saturday to do it. I take it Lee has the necessary Cefiro parts for our cars. This will be the last time I go to any TC.

Appreciate both your advises.
RM6k+!! whoaa....at least u get new things...and would last u another 5yrs...:biggrin:

Lee doesnt stock parts. he gets it from stokists. just like all other independent workshops. u will be suprise even TC gets their stuffs from stockist, although they have stock for common parts.

MafiaRide

Jun 26, 2006
Yeah, planning to keep my Cefiro for another 5 years. Certain parts should use new.

Couldn't help but see your ride in your sig. Pretty sweet. Wondering if you have bigger pictures of your current setup. Kinda like the bodykit and the slightly slanted headlamps.

ongteckweng

5,000 RPM
Jul 15, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
well...as for suspension...ther r few things like bushes, absorbers that we need to get new. other than that, we dont need to change them coz they last a long time unless u have accident.

as for pics of my ride, check out the bodykit for a32 thread or the 1st page of the Cefiro Club thread. btw, thanks for the comment. cheers

Last edited:

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
MafiaRide said:
Yeah, planning to keep my Cefiro for another 5 years. Certain parts should use new.
Actually, the metal parts under the car are designed to last the lifetime of the vehicle under normal usage. So, the only parts that need changing are the bushings and the absorbers.

The secret is in how the bushings are installed and the kind of grease you use. This will determine how long they will last.

Although bushings can be pumped out with a simple hydraulic press, and the new part whacked back in again, Lee insists on sending the undercarriage parts to a machine shop. At the machine shop, the bushings are pumped out, then the holes measured for abnormal wear or warpage before the new bushings are pressed in. In the event of abnormal wear/warpage, they would advise Lee, and the fix would be to remachine a bit of metal off the hole, enlarging it slightly but making it perfectly round again, and then pressing in a new, slightly larger bushing.

Also how even the force when pressing in the new bushing has a bearing on how it will wear later on.

Done correctly, there is no reason the re-furbished part should last any less than a new part.

NEVER frequent a mechanic whose favourite tool when fitting a bushing or a bearing, is a hammer!

nlexis

Known Member
Aug 12, 2005
Klang
ong-san, did u tell defcon about the fiasco?hahaha...luckily i was there. If not dunno wat will happen to yr ride..hahahhaha

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
Heh...it would have squeeked...and pissed Ong off within half a km of his shop...lol... :laugh:

Jul 15, 2006
Hi ALL cefiro Lover and xifus....
I'm a new guy here currently driving an A32 97 model.
Was with MafiaRide this morning at the shop in USJ9.
Upon chatting with Lee, he mentioned about teckweng's ride with a 2.5 engine.
Because my current engine would need few Ks fixing up some stuffs, thus, the althernative would be the drop in a new Engine instead.
So i am really interested to find out more on this 2.5 engine xifu teckweng is having.
Would appreciate xifu teckweng to shed some light over this.
Thank you very much.

defcon1

500 RPM
May 26, 2006
ILoveMyRide said:
Hi ALL cefiro Lover and xifus....
I'm a new guy here currently driving an A32 97 model.
Was with MafiaRide this morning at the shop in USJ9.
Upon chatting with Lee, he mentioned about teckweng's ride with a 2.5 engine.
Because my current engine would need few Ks fixing up some stuffs, thus, the althernative would be the drop in a new Engine instead.
So i am really interested to find out more on this 2.5 engine xifu teckweng is having.
Would appreciate xifu teckweng to shed some light over this.
Thank you very much.

It's a better option than to fork out the $$$ needed to fix the 3.0l. Keep the motor for mods later. The 2.5l packs about 186 bhp...but can be tweaked back to the 3.0l's 210 bhp too easily... :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear Peeps,

Is anybody using any 4 pot Mitsubishi GTO brakes on their Wira/Satria/Putra?
I actually tought of installing it.

Rumours claimed that the brake would jam if it is used in our cars. Is it true?
Im afraid that when driving over 220kmph, then when I press the brake it jam!!

Anybody experience using this 4 pots? :sad_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience