Sepang Open Track Day - 10 Jun 2011

feezdya

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2006
Pee Jay
www.takaful-ikhlas.com.my
Assalamualaikum & Good day to all,

I'd like to invite fellow Skyliners to Sepang Open Track day that will be held on 10th June 2011.

Only 70 slots given for the said track day and I’ve booked 15 slots for skyliners. 3-4 pits stop will be given (depends on participation).

Others car also are welcome to join however priority to skyliners.

The details are as follows:

Date: Friday, 10 June 2011
Time: 12pm to 3 pm
Duration: 3 hours
Safety: Must wear helmet
Entry fee: RM 300 before 27th May 2011 and RM 360 after the said date.
Other: Apply leave early ok! No EL or MC!

Jom gegar sepang!

Whoever interested, please give a feedback on this thread or you may text me at 0126250002. TQ

(Oo\_______/oO) or (OO\_______/OO) which one is yours?:stupid:

Last edited:

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Assalamualaikum & Good day to all,

I'd like to invite fellow Skyliners to Sepang Open Track day that will be held on 10th June 2011.

Only 70 slots given for the said track day and I’ve booked 15 slots for skyliners. 3-4 pits stop will be given (depends on participation).

Others car also are welcome to join however priority to skyliners.

The details are as follows:

Date: Friday, 10 June 2011
Time: 12pm to 3 pm
Duration: 3 hours
Safety: Must wear helmet
Entry fee: RM 300 before 27th May 2011 and RM 360 after the said date.
Other: Friday Prayer kene skip hehe..Consider as 'musafir' for muslim :biggrin: and apply leave early ok! No EL or MC!

Jom gegar sepang!

Whoever interested, please give a feedback on this thread or you may text me at 0126250002. TQ

(Oo\_______/oO) or (OO\_______/OO) which one is yours?:stupid:
RM300 per car and 70 slots works out to a lot more than the "lima belas ribu je" you mentioned at Janda Baik :bawling:

feezdya

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2006
Pee Jay
www.takaful-ikhlas.com.my
Not sure la bro. He mentioned allocate for 70 cars maximum. Up to them la bro. Yang penting we got our slot. Or else kite buat sendiri ok jugak.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Well 70 cars over a 3 hour period, I'm no track kaki but I think those who are regulars will tell you what's the likely outcome of that.

Temujin

1,000 RPM
Nov 5, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
Usually that would give a couple of laps at best for each driver. Will be very lucky if can get a flying lap since traffic will be heavy. Would be a good intro to trackdays though, a different activity than the usual UY-GTJ excursions..

Eh... Friday wor. Can apply leave from boss, but applying leave from God for such things is a different matter.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
Have fun guys, make sure you cooling mods are adequate especially at that time of day. Brakes, tires and handling of course goes without saying.

bangkai_jk

1,500 RPM
Sep 4, 2005
m
Aiya Mrnismo tot can get some advice from you tim!

pimpin, dont forget the drivers themself need some cooling. dehydrated is not fun tho hehe

V-Spec

Nov 28, 2003
That's during the skool holidays. Will a lot of ppl be busy taking their little ones out for holiday trips?

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
[PIMPIN];1063538015 said:
Well 70 cars over a 3 hour period, I'm no track kaki but I think those who are regulars will tell you what's the likely outcome of that.
bro, IMHO, a 70 cars trackday will be quite peaceful. for the 1st hour the track will be quite busy cos everyone excited to come out. by the 2nd hour, its gonna be very peaceful... u should see SIC-organised open trackdays. no participation limit, sometimes up to 150 cars. THAT is hell. like federal highway, with kimi raikkonens, tommi makkinens (yeah, some even overtake OUTSIDE the curbs on grass) etc etc etc

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
bro, IMHO, a 70 cars trackday will be quite peaceful. for the 1st hour the track will be quite busy cos everyone excited to come out. by the 2nd hour, its gonna be very peaceful... u should see SIC-organised open trackdays. no participation limit, sometimes up to 150 cars. THAT is hell. like federal highway, with kimi raikkonens, tommi makkinens (yeah, some even overtake OUTSIDE the curbs on grass) etc etc etc
Ok cool then glad to hear. But why does it say Not Available in the calender? Or is it not updated regularly?

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
[PIMPIN];1063540196 said:
Ok cool then glad to hear. But why does it say Not Available in the calender? Or is it not updated regularly?
FYI the calender has been useless since day 1. when SIC was under the previous chairman, there were regular trackdays held (at least 1 every month except super-GT & F1 months) so we would be calling Kumar every week to check if there's any trackday. no point checking the calendar. sometimes we would go without even calling and there would be trackdays held. very very rarely we would be disappointed if we went without calling.

under the new chairman, less than a handful of trackdays held annually due to concentration on financially bigger clients. still no point checking the calendar. well maybe as a whole, SIC may gain more under the management of the new chairman but we definitely lost lots of track time... thankfully there are organisers like RCA or Ignition still interested to cater to people like us.

i was a regular in 2005 & 2006 (almost 100% attendance in all SIC open trackdays), cooled down from 2007-2009 with only a handful of trackdays participated during that period. back in action from 2010 and only missed 1 or 2 trackdays since hehe... but looks like i'm gonna miss this 1 cos i dont think i dare to miss Friday prayers just to join a trackday.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
FYI the calender has been useless since day 1. when SIC was under the previous chairman, there were regular trackdays held (at least 1 every month except super-GT & F1 months) so we would be calling Kumar every week to check if there's any trackday. no point checking the calendar. sometimes we would go without even calling and there would be trackdays held. very very rarely we would be disappointed if we went without calling.

under the new chairman, less than a handful of trackdays held annually due to concentration on financially bigger clients. still no point checking the calendar. well maybe as a whole, SIC may gain more under the management of the new chairman but we definitely lost lots of track time... thankfully there are organisers like RCA or Ignition still interested to cater to people like us.

i was a regular in 2005 & 2006 (almost 100% attendance in all SIC open trackdays), cooled down from 2007-2009 with only a handful of trackdays participated during that period. back in action from 2010 and only missed 1 or 2 trackdays since hehe... but looks like i'm gonna miss this 1 cos i dont think i dare to miss Friday prayers just to join a trackday.
A circuit like Sepang, hosting F1, etc doesn't even update the calender? Hahah I would have thought they'd be run like a well oiled machine. But if website pun tak update... Oh well, it's not my thing anyway so doesn't bother me.

Whoa good to see a lot of the bros here won't consider missing Friday prayers even occasionally. Maybe Feez underestimated. I wouldn't have gone for the track day anyway, no car to drive :(

Plus, it seems like too expensive a hobby to indulge in. Don't think I'm able to do what you do, go for every track day. My car also pakai stock je :)

Last edited:

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
[PIMPIN];1063540235 said:
Plus, it seems like too expensive a hobby to indulge in. Don't think I'm able to do what you do, go for every track day. My car also pakai stock je :)
i dont have the luxury of owning a good, reliable, fast modern car. my own junk spends more time in the workshop that on the road regardless of what engine its running (RB/JZ). its kind of a jinx. so there will be victims, either my wife's car or my brother's stock satria neo. i wont stand out in the crowd cos the cars are normal cars which are quite reliable, cheap to run but not fast at all, but more than enough to keep me grinning from ear to ear out of the enjoyment hehehe.

if u drive ur GTR, then yes it is gonna be expensive. thats why we dont often see skylines (regardless 32/33/34/35) in trackdays... the tyres are minimum 265's, normal tyres dont quite cut it. cars are heavy and mostly packing serious power so brake systems are strained. but oh my, oh my, i was lucky to "dianugerahkan by almighty god" 5 laps of SIC in a 540whp r35-gtr. oh my, i dont care how expensive it is, its great great fun! the car is so easy to drive, stupidly fast, the brakes are FREAKING AWESOME!!! a bit of understeer but nothing unmanageable. after the session ended, owner had to spend nearly 11k on AP Racing rotors (OEM ones cracked), nearly 10k on all 4 tyres (he's quite a devil on the road so tyre wears quite quickly). 1 full tank does not last a whole 3-hours session, had to go out for refill at the 2nd hour even though he came with full tank. thank god i didnt own the car hahaha

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
if u drive ur GTR, then yes it is gonna be expensive. thats why we dont often see skylines (regardless 32/33/34/35) in trackdays... the tyres are minimum 265's, normal tyres dont quite cut it. cars are heavy and mostly packing serious power so brake systems are strained. but oh my, oh my, i was lucky to "dianugerahkan by almighty god" 5 laps of SIC in a 540whp r35-gtr. oh my, i dont care how expensive it is, its great great fun! the car is so easy to drive, stupidly fast, the brakes are FREAKING AWESOME!!! a bit of understeer but nothing unmanageable. after the session ended, owner had to spend nearly 11k on AP Racing rotors (OEM ones cracked), nearly 10k on all 4 tyres (he's quite a devil on the road so tyre wears quite quickly). 1 full tank does not last a whole 3-hours session, had to go out for refill at the 2nd hour even though he came with full tank. thank god i didnt own the car hahaha
You're right about the costs. Especially when I used to run RT615s on all my cars. I wouldn't dare use them for 10,000km even especially since I drive to JB and Perlis a lot back then. Now with flights being so cheap, it's more expensive to drive the bloody car than it is to catch a flight. Thank God my brakes weren't 10k for rotors, used to retail for 7k a pair for the fronts but thanks to Kumeran and the boys at Hypertune, I'd get them for 5k. Although cheaper than an R35s, its bloody expensive compared to an average sedan.

But when I say I can't afford to indulge its largely due to increased priorities. You know how it is, commitments just pile on. And I'm not even married with kids yet! But I guess at this stage in life, there are a lot of other things that take priority over cars - at least for now.

BTW, you're not the only one whose car is always in the workshop! I've blown something like 4 engines in 4 years! Blew my STI twice (not my fault) and my GTR (cannot shift blame - it was all me, me, me) as well. But having spoken to guys like Edmund and even going to ST Wangan, Links etc basically the conclusion is that none of the workshops I've visited locally could possibly build me an engine that I wouldn't somehow manage to break. It's not a question of neglect nor lack of maintenance nor do the cars lack supporting mods but I'm a bit of a Wangan freak (I hear you are one too!) but I tend to take it a tad too far. Apparently, KL to Perlis or KL to JB and back in the same day is too much for most engines to take.

In hindsight, these track days are beginning to sound a lot cheaper hahah :driver:

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
[PIMPIN];1063540381 said:
But when I say I can't afford to indulge its largely due to increased priorities. You know how it is, commitments just pile on. And I'm not even married with kids yet! But I guess at this stage in life, there are a lot of other things that take priority over cars - at least for now.
understood. i know to some guys, when they say they cant afford things, they are not talking about the money hehehe :biggrin:

[PIMPIN];1063540381 said:
BTW, you're not the only one whose car is always in the workshop! I've blown something like 4 engines in 4 years! Blew my STI twice (not my fault) and my GTR (cannot shift blame - it was all me, me, me) as well. But having spoken to guys like Edmund and even going to ST Wangan, Links etc basically the conclusion is that none of the workshops I've visited locally could possibly build me an engine that I wouldn't somehow manage to break. It's not a question of neglect nor lack of maintenance nor do the cars lack supporting mods but I'm a bit of a Wangan freak (I hear you are one too!) but I tend to take it a tad too far. Apparently, KL to Perlis or KL to JB and back in the same day is too much for most engines to take.
i guess we are alike then... even bomb-proof, properly built + tuned engines will melt in our hands hahaha!!!

bnr_32

500 RPM
Apr 15, 2005
JOHOR BAHRU
dah2 jom solat dulu.. kejap lagi bleh sambung kekekkeke

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

All sifus and expert,

With a budget of 5k, what is the best option for me to convert my slow car, given these engines as the reference:

- mitsu mivec 1.6 manual
- mitsu 4G61T
- mitsu v6 1.6

Due to the restriction of the law, I have to stick with these options. So now I would like to hear some input/opinion/advise from the fellow sifus and expert in terms of performance and maintenance, which one is the best choice? Some people suggest to opt for the Mivec 1.6 as we can do a bolt on...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience