Satria Neo engine transplant

thomasysl

Dec 20, 2006
Hehe, I will tell them this is a 1.3SE(Special Edition) with an optional extra of RM3000. :X-:

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Satria Neo is a good car and it looks very sporty if compared to GTI/R3. Upgrading fr 1.3L to 1.6L--> Is it approved by JPJ in the first place? Better check properly before deciding what to transplant.

thomasysl

Dec 20, 2006
Yes, it is allowed, as long it is within the limit of 25%. But it still comes back to the mounting problem. Anyway, I have did some basic modifications, currently the low end has improve a lot. The car start to have some "kick" from 2500rpm, but at around 2000-2300rpm, I feel there is still a dip in torque.

Mod done to improve the low end torque:
1) K&N Drop-in
2) Speedwork full exhaust system
3) Mythelogy lighten crank pulley
4) Denso Iridium IT20
5) Connectology Ground cables
6) Voltage stabiliser (Hot Inazma TYpe MR)

I will be doing a Dyno run at Speedworks this week, to see the effectiveness of the Hot Inazma. Too bad no dyno before all the mods above.

Cheers

skyline9941

Known Member
May 1, 2005
campro

:regular_smile: just chnage the auto gearbox to manual. it certainly gives u more kick than ur current auto transmission.. campro with 1.3 auto gearbox.... too low torque.. even kancil 850c can smoke you at anytime....

alien

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
kuala lumpur
Visit site
erm, i would like to noe..
so u guys are saying the mounts on the 1.3 neo's different from the 1.6 neo?
or is it the 1.3 neo different from the 1.6 from the gen2..
how about the 1.3 from the gen2 then?
i thought they all share the same mounts?

please clarify..

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
thomasysl said:
Mod done to improve the low end torque:
1) K&N Drop-in
2) Speedwork full exhaust system
3) Mythelogy lighten crank pulley
4) Denso Iridium IT20
5) Connectology Ground cables
6) Voltage stabiliser (Hot Inazma TYpe MR)
Encik Thomas.. kekeke! It should be C-GROUND Connectology.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
the easiest option since u like Neo so much is....sell off the 1.3 and get the 1.6 instead.
Since youre a dealer yourself; It's easier...right?!
Instead of spending money asking for the sky from the 1.3 version.
Anyway, it seems that CAMPRO has this defects that tourque only kicks in at 4k RPM. Same like my friend's Gen2 1.6 manual.

thomasysl

Dec 20, 2006
drexchan said:
Encik Thomas.. kekeke! It should be C-GROUND Connectology.
Encik Drex, :tongwink: sorry loh. I was trying to advertise ur product mah. :regular_smile:

thomasysl

Dec 20, 2006
b00n said:
the easiest option since u like Neo so much is....sell off the 1.3 and get the 1.6 instead.
Since youre a dealer yourself; It's easier...right?!
Instead of spending money asking for the sky from the 1.3 version.
Anyway, it seems that CAMPRO has this defects that tourque only kicks in at 4k RPM. Same like my friend's Gen2 1.6 manual.
This is just demo car, if I have a choice I wouldnt even touch any current Campro engine. Too bad we were asked to purchase one for the launch. Anyway, here is the car, Campro 1.3(A), which is a heavy car with low end torque. Based on the current 2nd hand market, you will easily lose more than 30% on this car if you intend to sell, so thats the reason of looking at the option transplanting. Since transplantng is out of the question (due to modificaton of mounting), basic modificatons above actually help out the car quite a lot. I havent dne a Dyno yet, so no comparison, but the throttle respond did improve a lot.

Btw, even I am dealer,I still need to lose money on this car unless you want to buy from me at a discounted 10% of the retail price. :tongwink:

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
haha....
I thought demo car is suppose to be way below the dealer price too...
kekekekeke
anyway, I doubt that there's any real potential for the 1.3 as the chasis itself is heavy like what u've mentioned.
Try source on putting in manual transmission. At least better torque control.

Btw, don't think that voltage stabilizer can add any HP to your car beside "stabilizing" your car's voltage current. Anyway, since u decided to touch the engine; ever cross your mind to rebore? But better find reputable workshop to do as once something goes wrong...errr.....bye bye..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all Radiostar Customers, Visitors to our thread and ZTH members,

We would like to invite you to the Asian Festival Of Speed Race held this coming weekend 15th of May at the Sepang International Circuit (SIC).

For those of you who are curious what this race is all about, its an Asian car race held in Malaysia, Thailand, China and Korea. This top notch race which has international recognization is organized by our very own Malaysian company, Motorsport Asia.

Radiostar will be there...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience