• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

zckid

Known Member
Feb 28, 2012
Mauritius
Hi friends :itsme:

greetings to all of you!

This is my friend’s Toyota Camy, the one I partly detailed 8 months ago. My friend was on tour to Reunion Island, and it was the opportunity to work with his ride.

The passenger’s side remained to be polished. But ultimately the whole car got detailed.

So here we are:

The unpolished passenger’s side

The True Color

Close-up pics

It hurts

It’s not easy to be a Camy!

Road Tar

The headlights

The other side was worse

Water spots on glass

My tools:

Washing & claying:
Local car shampoo and APC mix,
Uber clay + ONR

Paintwork:
Makita rotary
Menz Power Gloss 34A, 203s
Meguiars M80
LC pads: Orange, White, Black
Menz PowerLock Sealant

Glass:
Menz PG and LC orange pad
Stoner Invisible glass

Plastics:
CG New look trim gel
Some cotton swabs and a dressing applicator

Headlights:
Menz PG and LC orange pad
Menz PowerLock Sealant

Washed and Clayed:

Polishing:

I started off with Menz PG on LC orange pad, followed by Menz 203s on LC white pad. Actually, I stopped this combination shortly.
I simply jumped to 203s on LC white pad then got a little more aggressive as needed. The change paid.
For the deeper RIDS, I resorted to wet sanding. But it proved very dangerous. The paint came out as powder paint, like the one used by kids in schools. So I stopped. I did want to correct all defects (RIDS) as I would unnecessarily remove paint. Remember there’s no clear coat on this paint.

Even my wife (though she’s against me detailing cars) remarked: “Are you not removing his paint?”:idea:

I spot buffed the RIDS using PG on LC orange, significantly reducing my section. I just rounded the majority of the RIDS. They are hardly noticeable. The parts I detailed months ago got a touch of Megs M80 and LC white pad followed by same polish and LC black.

Let the pictures do the talking:

Blood Bath

This is my white pad

I don’t have IPA here. So, I used a wet towel to wipe over the polished areas followed by a complete wash.
Then I proceeded to the final steps:

Plastics were treated with CG new look trim gel.

This was one the most time consuming part. I didn’t want to leave any spot untouched. I was wondering how it could be done, how others do it. And thanks God, I got an idea: “Use cotton swabs”. It was time consuming but at last I was happy with the outcome.

Menz sealant was applied to the paint with a CCS red applicator. Too big IMO for sealant application. Headlights got their share too.

Headlights

Before

After

Before

After

Some reflection pics

A new style Toyota Corolla, Needs refining of course.

Now look at this pic very well.

Toyota versus Honda

Cartoonized

Woody Woodpecker vs Dapper Denver Dooley

It’s the effect of watching cartoons with my kids :biggrin:

The photographer photographed

The work was completed early morning on the 26th following Xmas last year, my first major detail after i met KC, Seech, Daniel, Chris (Car Nanny) . All I got was beads. So I named these Santa beads.

And I dedicate the Santa beads to all those who share their skills and abilities in the nicest way, and from whom I learn so much (everybody’s included for sure) and above all, my heartfelt thanks to God Almighty for making this possible.

Your thoughts and advice are most welcome.

Wish you all a very happy detailing

Zaid

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Amazing job on the red single stage paint. It looks awesome!

Keep it up Zaid!

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
i dun really fancy single stage paint.... always mess up my pads. buts its still a job well done.

Keep it up yo

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Amazing job there zckid. Just wondering, is that a TK45 that you're using there? Or did I miss it in one of your other post? The tint is a bit yellowish for an LED light.

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
cool work & keep it up bro

also nice pic & must be canon

zckid

Known Member
Feb 28, 2012
Mauritius
Amazing job on the red single stage paint. It looks awesome!

Keep it up Zaid!
Thanks so much bro.

i dun really fancy single stage paint.... always mess up my pads. buts its still a job well done.

Keep it up yo
yea i agree bro. don't have any white pad as such now! :biggrin: white with red flavor:biggrin:

Amazing job there zckid. Just wondering, is that a TK45 that you're using there? Or did I miss it in one of your other post? The tint is a bit yellowish for an LED light.
thanks bro, its not the Fenix. its my home made sun gun. i opted for the led lamp instead of the halogen.

cool work & keep it up bro

also nice pic & must be canon

thanks so much bro. hope u r feeling better now!

u guessed it right.

One more guess for u. :idea: who taught me to take pics? :idea:

struggling alone here :driver: working on a silver honda civic. complete wetsand: 3 days :smokin: i'm tired.
Next day, reignited by Almighty. "where there is a will, there is a way :driver:

Miss u all so much. take care :itsme:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have a 2005 Gen2. I have these 2 problems.

1. Since last July last year, I had to change the fan 4 times already. The fan would just becomes slow or stop working.As a result, my car would overheat. Luckily, it never stalled. For the first three times, it happens if I drive above 140km. The fourth time, it just happen after a few months even though I did not drive above 140km.

2. If I drive above 130 km for more than a few minutes, my air corn blower would stop working. It would work...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience