Safety Harness : 3 points and 4 points

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Hi all, can anyone tell me how to best fit your safety harness to your cars? I'm thinking of finding & fitting my EG hatch with 3 point harness ( so at least can still have 2 passangers at the back loh ) pls do see my pic and hive comments / ideas pls. Thanks all!

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/4053/safetyharness0zv.png

the 3 point harness ( the one from the front bucket seat slot points ) is fitted between the rear seats and the chassis. the black box with red outline is the standard seat belt mounting point on the right, while the black box with the blue outline is the standard seat belt lock on your seats. hope i'm correct loh.. :withstupi

Last edited:

SpeedWanker

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
just a suggestion, from my knowledge on point of safety, the shoulder belts should be mounted as horizontal as possible and should not create any stress on the seat in an event of a collision..
also make sure that the mounting points uses proper 'eye anchors'/bolts of at least the size and strength of u're standard anchor bolts. Bear in mind that a collision the occupants of the vehicle could experience up to/more than 6G of force so thats 6 X (u're weight)~ therefore each anchor bolts should hold up to at least 150kgs of force..
anyway good luck..

916EK

Known Member
Oct 12, 2004
Visit site
yep.. if so low... then u gonna break your shoulder.
y not get the 3 point where u can detach it when u don't use it, then your back can fit the passenger as usual too?

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
916EK said:
yep.. if so low... then u gonna break your shoulder.
y not get the 3 point where u can detach it when u don't use it, then your back can fit the passenger as usual too?
yeah, that's what i'm thinking of. but three point systems can detach ah? how is that so? i would like to avoid breaking my shoulder since my right collarbone is oledi broken into two a few years back.. :) can you post some diagrams or pics on this ( the mounting for 3 points? ) Is the first 2 lower mounting points as described in my diagram correct ( the right side will utilise original seat belt mount, and the left side utilises the original place where our ori seat belt slots are located )

blue_hippo

500 RPM
Jun 16, 2004
i got if u want the harness....brand trs ...got 3 point if i not mistaken....blue colour..got 5 point also..pm me if u want..

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Ok, if i'm going to get myself a 3 point harness ( with the detachable part ), where am i going to fit the 3rd point? The first two points should be the ones fitted to your waist right?

- The right one will be fitted to ori seat belt mount on the right hand side
- The left one will be fitted to ori seat belt lock mount on the left hand side
- the last two straps ( that goes on your chest and shoulders ) will meet up as a single harness and is to be fitted where? This is what I want to know...

I can still keep my standard belts too, right? Anyone can guide me to any good workshops who can fit these 3 point safety harness for me?

916EK

Known Member
Oct 12, 2004
Visit site
when it's 3 point you don't have this "LAST 2 POINT at the back"

theres only 1 mounting point

check this pic out and u'll understand.
detachable 3 point sabelt

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
ace79 said:
Ok, if i'm going to get myself a 3 point harness ( with the detachable part ), where am i going to fit the 3rd point? The first two points should be the ones fitted to your waist right?

- The right one will be fitted to ori seat belt mount on the right hand side
- The left one will be fitted to ori seat belt lock mount on the left hand side
- the last two straps ( that goes on your chest and shoulders ) will meet up as a single harness and is to be fitted where? This is what I want to know...

I can still keep my standard belts too, right? Anyone can guide me to any good workshops who can fit these 3 point safety harness for me?
ya loh...where does the last harness is mounted on?

gavan

1,000 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Shah Alam
Visit site
got one question, if you use this kind of harness, can we still use the original seatbelt?? like interchange larr, for race then use the harness, then when normal day dirving use normal belt?

killerloop25

Known Member
Aug 31, 2004
Harnesses should never be attached at any part of the chassis for safety reasons. Please don't neglect safety issues.

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
er, one question : rally cars usually have the harness fitted on the bars behind the seats. What about a hatch like mine? That is what I want to know : where will the third harness goes? And any reputable shops in fitting these safety harness?

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
you gotta ask someone to custom make the bar. Check the UltraRacing forums. Ftzone started a thread there asking calvin to custom make harness bars similar to the sparco harness bar.

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
aiyoo, 3 door hatchback mana boleh taruk one...then I can no longer utilise the back seats..

dolly

500 RPM
Dec 24, 2003
its not permanent mar, when go track then only bolt it on lor, doesn't look too difficult... either that or dont use the back lor, i dont think anyone has ever sat in my back seat...

ace79

1,000 RPM
Sep 4, 2004
Mazdaspeed A-spec. said:
aha...so the 3rd harness can be fitted to the rear passanger's seat belt mount, pretty safe ke? hope this wouldn't put extra pressure to the seat and my back in an accident..but according to the pic, the left harness cannot be fitted to ori seat belt mount, then where can I put it then? have to fabricate a mount on my seat rails ke?

Crash

1,500 RPM
Dec 2, 2003
Kay-El
vernonchan.com
WBW7827 said:
guy... got 1 Q.

is it 3 point safety belt legal for road use?
Actually its better no to use harnesses for the road. Harnesses do not have tolerances and leverage like normal seatbelts do.

Normal seatbelts have a buffer, so in case of an emergency, still allows a bit of movement, so that it won't cause strain/injury to the passenger.

I have a harness installed, but for daily driving, I still use stock seatbelts. Harness used for track days and competition use only.

:)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sifu.

Just wan to know. saw one iswara VR-4 at night sprint !!

Usually what lower arm suitable for Iswara ????? :adore::adore::adore::adore::driver::driver:

what else can make Proton Iswara to have a good handling !!! Pls lis out the parts !!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience