Safc = Siemens Satria Gti?

Blitz20_86

Known Member
Oct 17, 2004
SDK,SBH/Puchong
Visit site
Hi guys,
Anyone know whether the Safc blue screen can be installed into Siemens Satria Gti or not? And how about the 1 button Safc? Can it be installed without modifying the wiring? Thanks...

anttyk

Known Member
May 5, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Yes. S-AFCII can be installed into a Siemens ECU-ed Satria GTi. For proof, you can look at my car in the garage section. It was installed at Speedworks PJ.

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
U don't have to modify the wiring, u only need to know which pin out for which wire to tap on the ECU. I've seen instances of S-AFC installed even on European cars, even when the S-AFC is made for japanese only...

Blitz20_86

Known Member
Oct 17, 2004
SDK,SBH/Puchong
Visit site
My hometown is lack of those mechanics who knew about ecu, safc, emanage..etc. Other modification skills are good. So what he said to me was my Gti (siemens) is unable to install the SAFC unless i do some modification on the wiring and stuff. So its just about plugging the correct cables and its done right? Correct me if im wrong. And how about the 1 button Safc? I can install that too right?

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
Well, u need to know which wires to tap into to install the S-AFC for the Siemens ECU, Speedworks can offer the installation for the S-AFC into Siemens ECUs(i don't know which wires go to which, can't help here).

As for your 1 button AFC question, it's not much of a use, it only controls WOT fueling.

Blitz20_86

Known Member
Oct 17, 2004
SDK,SBH/Puchong
Visit site
I see. Thanks for the info. Is Safc 1 button installation as complicated as the new Safc? Got to think hard whether its worth it or not or whether its better to get a newer safc coz a seller is selling me his Safc 1 button for a reasonable price. Anyway, what is WOT?

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
It's better off u get the S-AFC/S-AFC II

There's only 2 electronic models from APEX'i which are the ones i listed above. The older ones are using knobs, not that accurate as there's far less tweaking involved.

It's better off u get a used S-AFC at least, the blue screened one, which costs around RM600 used if not mistaken.

WOT = Wide Open Throttle

Blitz20_86

Known Member
Oct 17, 2004
SDK,SBH/Puchong
Visit site
ok.. Now i got two piggyback to choose from. One is e-manage and another one is Safc blue screen(not the safc2) . So which one of these piggyback you guys think is more worth buying? They have the same price though. <_<

GRexer

GRexer™ KuzTomZ
Nov 14, 2003
Puchong
If both are the same price, of coz, go for the e-manage, which, IMO, have a more complete tuning map compared to the older S-AFC. :)

My 2 kupang, later kena shoot :lol:

Blitz20_86

Known Member
Oct 17, 2004
SDK,SBH/Puchong
Visit site
True true!! :D But i hardly can find anyone selling their second hand emanage for rm750 now in 0-100 <_<
Anyone selling their e-manage inthat price please do pm me. Thanks!!

edwinlcw

Known Member
Mar 7, 2005
sorry... newbie here....
can i know what is safc and what can it does???

thanks...

Blitz20_86

Known Member
Oct 17, 2004
SDK,SBH/Puchong
Visit site
Safc is a piggy back fuel computer from Apexi. It modifies air-flow meter signal (pressure signal in some vehicles) to optimize fuel-air ratio; Vacuum Fluorescent Display (VFD). Correct me if im wrong..

edwinlcw

Known Member
Mar 7, 2005
means after this piggy back installed on the ecu, the car's performance will be increase???

edwinlcw

Known Member
Mar 7, 2005
does it same as the fuel regulator?

i heard that siemen's ecu not good compare to the mitsu's ecu on the old proton's car.... is that true ga???
what is the different between this two???

Thanks... :)

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
SAFC can be installed on ANY EFi car.

The installer merely needs to find out which wire on the ECU is for RPM, TPS, Power, earth, air flow sensor etc. (I think about 6 or 7 wirea oni).

After find out which wire is which, the installer splices the SAFC wiring onto the ECU's wiring.

Installation complete.

Tuning it will be another story.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone selling these or similar in KL (Akrapovic exhausts)?
I want one for my 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS............
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience