Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

Review: Goodyear Eagle F1 Directional 5 - The Ultra High Performance tyre, Almost.

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Re: Review: Goodyear Eagle F1 Directional 5 - The Ultra High Performance tyre, Almost

thanks for the additional detail ehdrian.

anyone who's got personal experience with the directional 5, please contribute your findings, we'd like to hear more from you

Re: Review: Goodyear Eagle F1 Directional 5 - The Ultra High Performance tyre, Almost

No prob, Tom..

Good.. Thankz a lot.

I'm currently using this tire for my Mark X for a few months now and my experience is more or less similar. Overall a good tire except a bit noisy.

Noisy?.. Oh no... I've plan to change to this tyre, currently using pilot preceda (40% thread left). Btw thankz for the info. Anybody have comment/opinion/experience about goodyear f1 asymmetric 2? 205 55 16 price?

Hi Tom,
To my understanding, these GY F1 D5 is to replace their aging GY GS-D3. The F1 Asy 2 is to replace their F1 Asy.....

The F1 D5 and F1 Asy 2 were launched together......
DSC02039.jpg

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Noisy?.. Oh no... I've plan to change to this tyre, currently using pilot preceda (40% thread left). Btw thankz for the info. Anybody have comment/opinion/experience about goodyear f1 asymmetric 2? 205 55 16 price?

Being directional, if the wear becomes uneven the noise will become louder...

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

GY F1 Asy 2 size start with 17" and with lower profile like 45 series....

Last edited:

thanks for clearing the air vr2turbo

Thankz guy's.. I really don't know much bout gy f1 asymm 2.. I mean bout the production size available.. Hmm that why i cannot find any 16 inch size in goodyear malaysia website. This tyre really have a good feedback from a few of expert from overseas, really want to test/try how it perform. Thankz again

Yeah, I would've bought the Asy if it's available in the sizes I was looking for. The D5 is the next best from GY. Just a little bit noisy but still acceptable IMHO.

Yeah, I would've bought the Asy if it's available in the sizes I was looking for. The D5 is the next best from GY. Just a little bit noisy but still acceptable IMHO.

At the tyre launch the "gwai loh" test driver in FD2, purposely push the car at the slalom curve at around 140kph with 2 passengers (me one of them), and it held well.....:driver:

I have only one problem with all d eagle f1s I had before : emergency breaking. They skid and slide .... ASSY 1 and ASSY2 ... Mine is without ABS.

road got oil :listen:

His ride too powerful......

Online now

Search

Featured thread

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom