Remove thermostat

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
My wira with 4g93 n/a and my kancil with l5t both thermostat also removed...
Drive till now also no problem.. for your info.. removing it out will cause your engine life spam shorter as water keep on going in and out from the engine...
Good Luck...

Last edited:

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
My wira with 4g93 n/a and my kancil with l5t both thermostat also removed...
Drive till now also no problem.. for your info.. removing it out will cause your engine life spam shorter as water keep on going in and out from the engine...
Good Luck...
u sure?
cuz what thermostat does is pops out frm it's place when up to temperature allowing water to flow into the radiator and gets cooled and pumped black into the motor.

only damage i see is the engine susah wanna warm up on cold mornings.:hmmmm:

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
hks,what u don't see is that thermostat is there to regulate the
engine temp.if the stuff is useless,i don't think that those engineer
will install 1 on an engine cos this will increase the cost of the engine.
:biggrin:

Last edited:

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
this is what i thought about a termostat..pls correct me if i'm wrong

for example..if an A engine's most efficient temp around 70*C, and use 68*C termostat would be good since the termostat's job is to maintain around 68*C. about how to remove the heat efficiently is radiator's job. if ur radiator is healthy and has enough capacity..then should be no problem

but if u take out the termostat..then ur engine temp might be below 60*C (assumption) when u r speeding cos too much heat taken out from the radiator and water from the engine keep flowing from the engine to radiator and vice versa. this is not good to the engine. and as other forummer said, it will running a little rich.

besides, take out the termostat also can stress out the water pump since it will pump the water to the radiator all the time. so, might be the water pump life span got shorten also.

but...i might be wrong hehe

p/s: 1 more thing, there's a myth saying that the most far cylinder (from the water pump) might having problem such as head/sleeve crack coz here will receive less water flow..dunno it's true or not

mengz

500 RPM
Jan 15, 2005
engineers from various manufacturers has designed to have the thermostat there........wouldnt they be more than happy to have it not there in the 1st place???? imagine how much cost they will save.

unless u have a better explanation or theory to not have the thermostat there.....IMHO, its best to have the thermostat.

popout

Known Member
Sep 5, 2006
emm for me my wira also remove oledi but no problem at all previously my temp very high and my mech remove it now climb up genting also normal temp

HKS-GT2835R

1,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2004
kelate
Visit site
engineers from various manufacturers has designed to have the thermostat there........wouldnt they be more than happy to have it not there in the 1st place???? imagine how much cost they will save.

unless u have a better explanation or theory to not have the thermostat there.....IMHO, its best to have the thermostat.
guys, i fer one didn't mention anything of the thermostat to be totally useless, so i didn't advise anyone to remove it.

but i wanna drill out those holes to lower the engine temp by a tiny bit (my engine temp is always in the middle, a bit lower shud be better fer intake temp). i know there's a suitable operating temperature fer an engine to run, that's why i din remove the thermostat.

commenting on what engineer does, isn't fair at all.
cuz say engineers put boost cut @ 0.8bar fer safety, then why y'all gatal tangan wanna remove ha? :biggrin:

anyway we're on thermostat topic, i steer away frm off topic lor.:biggrin:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
guys,
if not mistaken, oem stock thermostat is designed at between 82 deg to 88 deg.
However, I had been saw a stock thermostat with 78 deg ( no sure whether from Wira or Perdana ).
Does anyone notice ?

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
many ppl have taken off their thermostats without seeing any problems rite away but it wont be healthy 4 d engine in the long run as every morning when u start up ur car, it will take longer for it to warm up to the ideal working temperature, thus accelerating wear n tear...

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
u sure?
cuz what thermostat does is pops out frm it's place when up to temperature allowing water to flow into the radiator and gets cooled and pumped black into the motor.

only damage i see is the engine susah wanna warm up on cold mornings.:hmmmm:
with this remark lor i thought u said the thermostat is not that important.
hehehe.....no offence bro hks.:shakehands:

kwai

1,500 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
Perak
Visit site
guys,
if not mistaken, oem stock thermostat is designed at between 82 deg to 88 deg.
However, I had been saw a stock thermostat with 78 deg ( no sure whether from Wira or Perdana ).
Does anyone notice ?

boyzone, my halfcut thermostart came with the engine frm japan was rated ard 74.5'c(can't remember 100%, coz i changed 1 year ago)

once it jammed, my engine temp shoot up, bring to my local mech, sure in my hometown can't find low temp thermostart, so i bought those frm spare part shop, for 4g93 one... rated 86'c i think... some where ard rm30 only...

then i did help my friend get a 68'c low temp thermostart frm KL.. ard rm250

Last edited:

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Bro Kwai,
after replace with 68deg thermostat, do see any significant change on ur engine temperature?
Btw, 68deg thermostat is a very good stuff to use, any idea on the manufacture brand?

Cow

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
Visit site
is 68deg the ideal running temperature or something?

my thermostat jammed recently and now running without it.
very curious to try this low-temp thermostat.

where to get and any specific brand?

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
u can get ARC or RALLI ART from those performance shop around sunway.
SARD n BILLION is also available.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

One question here, is it possible to transplant SR20DET in Lancer GLX other than the usual 4G63?
The CVT engine sucks, warranty already gone, it's time for transplant :biggrin:

thanks for any reply
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience