Recommended Metal Head Gasket Size for GSR (4g93t)

chanl55

Known Member
Jan 2, 2004
Dear Guys,

Got a problem. I'm currently contemplating whether to change to a metal head gasket for my GSR engine. The problem is, whether to change to one that is 1.2 mm or 1.5 mm. If so what are the pros and cons? Also, I've heard that the thicker the gasket is, compression would be lower. If that is so would changing to a 1.5 mm gasket also lower my torque (pickup) from the lower RPM ranges?? I'm just running stock TD04 turbine on my setup and I'm currently boosting 1bar with the help of a boost controller. Any suggestions? Any sifus out there any comments or insights would help regarding the differences between the metal head gaskets. Your comments are appreciated

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
I noticed that after changing to 1.2mm metal gasket the compression is much lower. 1.5mm, should be even lower compression ie. you may find less power on the same settings. However, it will allow you to boost higher to compensate.

I think for 1 bar you better use thinner metal gasket, maybe 0.5-0.8 if you can find those.

jonathan79

500 RPM
Mar 31, 2004
PG
Chan,
If you want to used 1.5mm gasket better chg your boost to 1.2 or higher to get more pickup and power.If not used back the original one ..
:D

wildboar

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2004
Penang
Visit site
dudes...wats the thickness of the standard 93t gsr gasket??

the down side about using thicker metal gaskets is that ur car will be sluggish during off boost...even using standard gasket also will be a bit sluggish cos low compression ma..the thicker the gasket, the lower the compression... and the more sluggish during off boost...the good part is that u can UP the boost!!! but take care of ur other internals as well...if u up ur boost remember u need more fuel too!!

frankly speakin...if u wanna play higher boost, there are many other things to take care of...ive heard that the standard gsr turbine gives optimum output at 1.1bar...so increasing the boost higher than that will not reli increase ur power...

go for td05 wif 1.5mm gasket boosting at 1.5bar!!! yummy...will this setup work??

Itab

500 RPM
Apr 14, 2004
Serdang
Visit site
i'm currently boosting at 0.7 bar,standard la.i'm thinking of increasing the boost up to 1.0 bar,if i do so,do i need to upgrade anything?or will the stock setting suffice ah?standard setting should be able to withstand 1.0 bar rite?since it is 1.0 bar is not really considered as over boosting mah...
one foreman once told me tht metal gasket will cause a lot of problems one wor,don really remember wat he said already,all i can recall was tht he doesn't recommend it la...
wat do u think guys?

wildboar

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2004
Penang
Visit site
shud not be a prob to up the boost to 1 bar wif standard settings...some ppl boost till 1.3bar oso on standard gsr without prob...but i think its dangerous lo...1bar shud be within the safe limit...

JUN

500 RPM
Nov 25, 2003
PJ
waikitfire/waikitwater boosting 1 bar on standard turbine...thank god 2, no probs :lol:

Regards;

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

ok..i got a timer n need to know d wiring how it works...

got two bunch wires....

1st bunch: green =?
Red =ACC (+)
Blue =?
Black = ground (-)

2nd bunch : orange=?
Purple = Handbrake
white= ?

and another hose i guess is for boost reading

Plz help me ok....thanks a million

*Photo borow from FarinaRacer.....thx man
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience