• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

martinchan

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
Ipoh
Hi Guys, Is me again...
I Might need help about my axle,
I realize that when i changing my tranmission oil.
Then i found out the axle was leaking some kind of oil.
I called Wing Hin they fax me a list of the axle oilseal,
Then OMG there was many of them,
They ask me to check which of the part was leaking
I had no idea at all. Anyone here know about this kind of issue?

Regard

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
bring the whole car to workshop to get it dismantle... your mech will take out the seal and bring to part shop to find the correct matching one

martinchan

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
Ipoh
ok, but have to think about when take out the seal and bring to workshop, after that realize the new seal have to wait 2 or more week to order from japan then my car have to park inside the workshop for waiting the seal to arrive?

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
U no need to park your car at the work shop and wait until the oil seal arrive want.......u order the oil seal then when arrive then only send the car to the work shop and change lor....btw u also need to change the cone also , pls remember.

happy waiting hahahahahaha

martinchan

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
Ipoh
but i still need to uninstall the axle to check which of the seal was spoil ma... not meh?

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
Talk about the oil seal in the axle is not many and when change oil seal is change all .....if you change only the koyak want then later another oil seal koyak then change again??????? not troublesome meh like that????????

oil seal not very expensive want brother ....cheaper then your 1 nite happy hour spending

hahaahahahahaha remember tho change the cone also , is very important

martinchan

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
Ipoh
talking about happy hour again. . . ermmm what is cone?

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
aiyoyo!!! bro stepyew how can u dont know!:rofl:

Ok its the rear differential that is leaking oil!
It could be a simple gasket for either the filler or drain plug.
bigger problem would be the oil seal at the transmission/long shaft end ie the pinion.If this oil-seal needs to be changed it may require removal of the pinion.Once you remove or loosen the pinion bolt;you need a new 'compression cone' when u reinstall back and torque to the correct manufacturer specifications,else there may be rattling or vibrations.

The other oil-seals are the half-shaft/driveshaft ones on either side of the diff.these are less problematic.

hope this helps!

porosaki

1,000 RPM
Sep 16, 2004
Visit site
:listen: unc yap....no need to explain it in detail....if can post a schematic picture of this rear axle showing all the oil seal the better.

we all layman here lah..... how do we know what pictured in others mind is exactly what we pictured that item from our mind in a sentence/paragraphs to them?

this will lead to confusion right?....:biggrin:

p/s: even my brother dunno what is a cone, a crown gear & a pinion gear until recently he purchase these items brand new & arrived a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
now bro green can take picture lor!!!:rofl::rofl:

how can I strip mine(my diff) and take picture!!:wavey:

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
Yeah lor , we r layman mar......dont know means dont know lar ....hai mei? bro 1jztezza aka Uncle yap hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

porosaki

1,000 RPM
Sep 16, 2004
Visit site
how can I strip mine(my diff) and take picture!!:wavey:[/QUOTE]

:listen: u got spare rear axle lying around mah now since taken out from bro green's car.

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
haiya just change the whole cones n all oil seals. Then blissful driving without ever dismantling the rear diff again.

amen to that

check with vision ah wei la. he should know all about the stuff n stuffs.

p.s how to take picture with so much dark oil unless really blow up the whole thing...ouch

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
oopss..i better check my new diff already. since so many components..scared got oil leak...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

All work & no play makes jack a dull boy......even Jack found time to relas & had a good therapy recently....

no supercars but pure fun for 2 1/2 days with superb satisfaction

superb water beading inspite of 2 yrs of coating

Due to a series of my injuries - I neglected paint & was even got a huge scratched on the centre of the hood, another eye sore & heart ached...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience