R32 GTR vs R33 GTR

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

xion13

Known Member
Mar 7, 2005
petaling jaya
Visit site
Hey, i'm new to the skyline scene hehe. currently running on evo, so my knowledge on skylines is quite limited. so 4give any noobness ya =).

I have a question, in comparison, would the GTR R32 or R33 be a better ride? I heard that the 32 is actually more agile and nimble when compared to the bulky 33, is that true? maybe the great skagee can answer this hehe, cos i heard he has many skylines =p. Power wise, it should have the same capabilities in terms of power and potential rite? Since both running on RB26DETT.

The reason i'm asking this, is because i would definitely want a GTR in the near future, maybe a year or so. i'm currently set on the 32 cos of the price difference and i like the old school look. but i know that the 32s beeing a car of almost 16 years old, will definitely be giving lotsa problems, turbo some more (-_-")

so taikos, tailos and sifus... advice advice advice plz =)

xion13

Known Member
Mar 7, 2005
petaling jaya
Visit site
woot.. noone wanna choi me ar qT_Tp

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
hahahaa... not no one choi u.. being skyline owners, they have happening, exciting and adventerous lives... so they login every once in a blue moon... not everyday mah.. so if u post, be patient lo.... they'll sure to reply... coz they are very helpful wan... but most of d time.. their cars are too fast.. takes them longer to reach home.. coz they always overshoot their house entrance.. car too fast... cant brake.. kwakwkawka.... pm skagee or remus lo...

farique

500 RPM
Jan 22, 2005
Klang
Visit site
BLaCkHoWLiNG said:
hahahaa... not no one choi u.. being skyline owners, they have happening, exciting and adventerous lives... so they login every once in a blue moon... not everyday mah.. so if u post, be patient lo.... they'll sure to reply... coz they are very helpful wan... but most of d time.. their cars are too fast.. takes them longer to reach home.. coz they always overshoot their house entrance.. car too fast... cant brake.. kwakwkawka.... pm skagee or remus lo...
ahahaha.. funny la you.. first time saw your posting ni this section.. :)

xion13,
welcome to the club and good for you to ask in here. I can only give little advice since i havent own a skyline before. I will try my best to explain.. :D

GTR R32
It is an old car so, you might or will get some problems due to its oldness. This car is much agile than other skylines with all the stuffs mounted inside (RB26DETT) and need a lot of caring. You can ask Jebu on how he took care of his beloved R32. :)

GTR R33
The next generation of R32. Considered as old but, not as old as the R32. For sure, the comfortness of the next generation of ay car is improved rite? so this car has improved alot from R32.
If im not mistaken, the body of R33 is abit lengthy than R32 and R34.
You can ask Gobiz or Skagee on their R33. :)

Similarity
- Equipped with RB26DETT
- HICAS and ATESSA-ETS
- Widen body
- Heavier than normal skylines
- Got GTR emblem
- Bigger rims?

so, its a really hard to decide rite? R32 or R33.. definitely not R34(price killer :D ).. and thats the end of my article on how to choose a GTR.. LOL :D

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
farique said:
You can ask Gobiz or Skagee on their R33. :)
Well, I can comment on a R33 GTS-t but not so much the GTR. Only had the GTR for a few short months before I had to sell it.

Skagee is much much much more qualified to talk about ANY skyline.

xion13

Known Member
Mar 7, 2005
petaling jaya
Visit site
aisyeh, why had 2 sell off? sayang-nya..

thanx farique. haha when skagee and all coming 2 this thread? lol.. i saw his GTR be4, on the skyline's club first gathering.. hoho ganas sial..

haha blackhowling, i'm sure ur supra also very fast wat.. careful ya, nanti masuk porch cannot break die lo >.<

anyways, more advice plz hehe =)

ManR34

Known Member
Jul 11, 2005
KL
I say R32

In my opinion, I say a R32 GTR would be good choice for you.

Because it seems u already like the looks of the R32, dun just get the R33 just because u think its got a newer engine...both r32 & r33 are ageing...and GTR engines are built to test the age of time. so dun worry :)

When u get either cars, u still have to maintain them, adjust them, clean them. mod them to ur likeing. So its same shit really...

Personally I like the looks of the modded R33 GTR than the retro R32 GTR. But thats just me.

But as the general populus survey goes in terms of looks is R34, R32, R33...

Both are killer cars so it depends on HOW U DRIVE IT MATE, NOT HOW U MOD OR HOW MANY HORSES IT HAS...

xion13

Known Member
Mar 7, 2005
petaling jaya
Visit site
haha thanx ManR34. I like the R32, but i'm concerned la.. its around less than AUS30k(RM90k) which is quite well within my budget, but i very takut a lot of problems bcos old, and i might spend another whole load of cash replacing parts, when i do get one, wat should i look out for? as in wat should i check? i'm not very familiar with twin turbos, and i'm actually quite noob in turbo cars eventhough i drive one myself =p.

R33 ler.. i agree it looks better la.. but dun u think it seems a lil bulky? like too fat to pek corner like that haha.. the R32 seems slick and more agile, but one thing i dun like..the front sort of reminds me of the old toyota camry >.<

but lets narrow it down to handling, which one would come out top? if all the best possible modifications have been added to both 32 and 33.

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
xion13 said:
but lets narrow it down to handling, which one would come out top? if all the best possible modifications have been added to both 32 and 33.
The answer is: almost the same. Although the R32 might seem more nimble and agile, but do keep in mind that the R33 has a revised suspension design and the ATTESA-ETS Pro on the vspec. It might not be as nimble as the R32 (hell you're not taking it down the touge routes right?), but with proper suspension setup and a good responsive engine, it's capabilities to tackle high and slow speed corners on the track are nothing less than the R32.

I've personally taken the GTR33 up and down the twisty roads of Genting, together with some smaller and more nimble cars, no problem. Brakes needed upgrade tho. :p

.S K A G E E.

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2004
xion13: Hi, sorry for not replying sooner;In my personal opinion though the GTR32 handles more like a well sorted out FR. Driving it is more involving than the GTR33 as the chances of the tail stepping out is much more likely on the R32. The turn in is much shaper but due to its older ATTESSA system ,it requires you to feather the throttle on the way out.

The GTR33 though bulkier and heavier , is just as agile as the R32 due to the fancy ( up graded) electronics it has. The car feels a lot smaller than it is . High speed stablity is a lot better than the R32, maybe due to its lower CD. Interior space is huge and its design and shape is more accepted by the public.(ie:girls dig it more..hhehehehee)

My choice out of those two ; definately the GTR32. Needs a bit of work done to it intially but it's worth it.

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
MrNismo said:
I've personally taken the GTR33 up and down the twisty roads of Genting, together with some smaller and more nimble cars, no problem. Brakes needed upgrade tho. :p
I can attest to that. LoL.... very hard just to stay close behind. Even in the twisties. :D

MrNismo

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
MK84 said:
I can attest to that. LoL.... very hard just to stay close behind. Even in the twisties. :D
Just to add, out of all the cars, I can't seemed to shake'em away this black BMW 318.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

When looking at oversea selling Motul 800 road racing 2T for +-US$17 and we are getting it at +-RM133 per bottle, I think it is too much. So, I'm wondering if volume can bring down the price a bit. Mix product purchasing also can, like x bottle of different engine oil + x bottle of different 2T.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience