R32 GTR or others?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

motohead75

Jul 2, 2005
Japan
Hi, I am just a new member here, anyway would like to post a question for u guys if u r in my position. Now I am studying in Japan and planning to bring back car back to Malaysia once I am done with my study. I am interested in R32 GTR but after browsing some internet sites, I noticed that for some newer cars, ie S2000, Silvia or even R34 GTST are also in the same price point. Just wanna know what would u consider in buying such cars? help me plzzz

farique

500 RPM
Jan 22, 2005
Klang
Visit site
maybe you might wanna read some reviews on R34 GTR with R34 25GTT.. on the other thread.. :)

i might consider the GTR IF, im clear that i can manage all the servicing parts, spare parts, fuel usage.. etc..

If i cant manage that, i'll get the GTsT.. taking care of it much easier.. less hassle than the GTR.. spare parts, service, fuel.. easy to handle.. (got cmng ma... :D)..

my 2 cents.. :)

motohead75

Jul 2, 2005
Japan
farique said:
maybe you might wanna read some reviews on R34 GTR with R34 25GTT.. on the other thread.. :)

i might consider the GTR IF, im clear that i can manage all the servicing parts, spare parts, fuel usage.. etc..

If i cant manage that, i'll get the GTsT.. taking care of it much easier.. less hassle than the GTR.. spare parts, service, fuel.. easy to handle.. (got cmng ma... :D)..

my 2 cents.. :)
yup ..had read the other thread, emm ..abt the maintainence cost, well i dont have experience in turbo cars, how much RM I am looking each months to spend?? :confused:

.S K A G E E.

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2004
Hi Motorhead75,

Hate to sound discouraging but if you don't have any experience with turbo cars , buying a GTR32 isn't such a good idea. Bearing in mind the GTR32s are as old as 15 years old, and a lot ot stuff will get broken or fail if they weren't replaced before.

For instance, the turbos; being ceremic they will most probably go off on you if it weren't replaced before, especially since it the R32s , which is known to be the most fragile out of all the GTR range.

Due to the ernomous grip the 4wd system has, the clutch would most probably be slipping by now.

The syncros of the gearbox would most probably needs to be looked at as it tends to wear due to its age. The gearbox casing tend to leak by this time too

I bet the oil sump would experiencing some leakage at this age ( heeheehee)

The radiator ( if its a standard ) which hasn't been replaced is a timebomb waiting to blow at the most unconvenient time !!!LOLOLOL

Dude..do I need to go on?heehehehe

Anyway, out of the cars you mentioned, I would go for the S2000..its the easiest to maintain , will surely be a classic like the S800 in the the future and of course...its a HUNNDAHHHH!!!!!!

motohead75

Jul 2, 2005
Japan
.S K A G E E. said:
Hi Motorhead75,

Hate to sound discouraging but if you don't have any experience with turbo cars , buying a GTR32 isn't such a good idea. Bearing in mind the GTR32s are as old as 15 years old, and a lot ot stuff will get broken or fail if they weren't replaced before.

For instance, the turbos; being ceremic they will most probably go off on you if it weren't replaced before, especially since it the R32s , which is known to be the most fragile out of all the GTR range.

Due to the ernomous grip the 4wd system has, the clutch would most probably be slipping by now.

The syncros of the gearbox would most probably needs to be looked at as it tends to wear due to its age. The gearbox casing tend to leak by this time too

The radiator ( if its a standard ) which hasn't been replaced is a timebomb waiting to blow at the most unconvenient time !!!LOLOLOL

Anyway, out of the cars you mentioned, I would go for the S2000..its the easiest to maintain , will surely be a classic like the S800 in the the future and of course...its a HUNNDAHHHH!!!!!!
duh.... thats hurt .. :eek: well ..seriously .. this is the kind of advice i am looking for.. hmmm u did asked if u can go on ...sure ..pls go on with the list of risks i will be facing IF i decided to buy R32GTR :p . i need all the info possible for me to make up my mind :) really appreciate ur time here. and ...err.. how much will it cost to replace the blown turbo? n the slipped cluth?? ehehhe . am i looking at more than 10k to fix all these probs?? if it occurs la (i think it probably will since most of the GTR in my affordable price range exceed 80k mileage )

cheaka

500 RPM
Dec 22, 2003
Malaysia
www.syncoptima.com
Motorhead75:

Buying a car is not a easy task..you have to consider quiet a number of things before that:

Pricing....guess that's the first thing you must know what is your budget...but i don't think you will have any problem since you mentioned most of the GTR are in your affordable range??? ......

Based on what you mentioned....I think you have to think of what is the purpose of you buying these cars for...for daily usage? for racing purpose? for track purpose? for power purpose? It is very important that you have to decided on what purpose...as it may end up costing you more if you buy the wrong car....

Bare in mind..the cars you mentioned like the R32 GTR, S2000, Silvias, R34GTST...all of them have their own characteristics...

Just my 2 cents....

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
.S K A G E E. said:
Hi Motorhead75,

waaaa... and this info comes from a guy who got what... 3...4 skylines? hehehehe kem salam kat pakcik tu ek? hehehe

Jebu

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
.S K A G E E. said:
Oh dear god... help us all!!!
:eek::eek::eek:

what's an S800??

SL55 I know la hahah

.S K A G E E.

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2004
s800 is a classic honda roadster which the S2000 is supposed to be based on..fetches quiet a high value in Japan now.

I predict the S2000 would be the same in the future..

Man...u gotta luv that Vee tek sound...

.S K A G E E.

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2004
topui11 said:
or C33 Laurel cost RM40k!! :D hehehehe
That's if you could find one for sale ,beside Zero's..muhaahahahahahahahahahakekekekekekekekohohohohkhohkohkokmuekmuekmuekmeuek

aibon

500 RPM
Apr 24, 2004
Dj
motohead75 said:
Hi, I am just a new member here, anyway would like to post a question for u guys if u r in my position. Now I am studying in Japan and planning to bring back car back to Malaysia once I am done with my study. I am interested in R32 GTR but after browsing some internet sites, I noticed that for some newer cars, ie S2000, Silvia or even R34 GTST are also in the same price point. Just wanna know what would u consider in buying such cars? help me plzzz

ere tat day i just saw u la... how can u be in japan man.....
hahahhahahahha

motohead75

Jul 2, 2005
Japan
aibon said:
ere tat day i just saw u la... how can u be in japan man.....
hahahhahahahha
aibon, i think u got me for somebody else. or maybe my nick is quite similar? 1 thing for sure is, I never met anyone from this forum yet.

cheers

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

It’s time to take a minute and be grateful for all things out of Munich as BMW has shined the production green light on the Vision Efficient Dynamics (VED) concept.

The world first laid eyes on it...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience