Please Help Me On My Thesis...

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

20VKE70

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
Gombak
i currently in my final year in Bachelor of Architecture. in hope all of the forumers can help me on my thesis. my topic..
proposed integrated automobile recreation centre.
the nature of the project is that i want to propose a building that everything is under one roof.shops, workshops, gallery, everything you name it..all under one roof..i also considering to put a race track in the building...i hope all you guys can give related infos, ideas, critics. issues are the most important in the thesis. please.

in the future i'll would considering to put questionnaires concerning my thesis topic.

reminder:the building is not a life project.just a design thesis.(to put in easier way)

thanks a lot.

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
SABAH
www.irs-asia.com
20VKE70 said:
...i also considering to put a race track in the building...
this building gonna be really really HUGE, dude... :rolleyes:

My idea would be something like the Sepang track, pair with a big building beside it (all within one fence) which consists of a library; automobile museum; performance parts centre such as HKS, TRD, TEINS, and etc; high performance tuning workshop; car care centre, automobile accessories shops, performance car dealers; theme-cafe or restaurant; advance driving skill school or centre; and so on, as long as it's related to automobile. Besides, an emergency care centre too. :smile:

ierulink

Jan 17, 2005
Selangor
Visit site
Hope this help u give a better idea to start off... link to toyota auto museum http://www.toyota.co.jp/Museum/index.html

Try searching for other car makers.. From there u could probably improvise a little by adding other features. Just use your imagination. If your so called design project does not outline any cost incured, just put in everything and make a super automobile complex.. cheers and good luck... :wink:

blur_civic

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
KL/PJ
Autobags... :)

aku_sangap

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Tengah Laut
Visit site
and 1 more thing, dont forget ur friendly accessories shop.."kedai ABANG"..muahahaha.,.jk..jk...

20VKE70

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
Gombak
a token of gratitude..

thanks guys for the info and support. pls keep on posting your ideas and critics?

maybe i can this to ask questions(kind off unofficial questionnaires)

1. what do you think about having a proper gathering place for car enthusiasts besides kedai mamak and petrol stations?

2. do you think parking space(car parks) is suitable in doing events such as autosaloon, drag race, drifting etc

3. do you agree this hobby are a 'male dominant' hobby?

4. if there is a place/building for us to do gatherings etc, do you want to bring your family along?

5. can you guys give issues that related to car mods enthusiast? e.g no proper place to test your 'mean machines'

6. do you agree this kind of hobby is just for affordable people? if you DON'T agree, can you state your judgement and how we can make it affordable or economically 'unharmed'

7. how can you make this hobby enjoyed by the whole family?

i thinks that's all 4 now bcoz this just the questions that poped out from my brain(at the moment..)

thanks.

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
get the government, manufacturer, distributors & retailers to support for one stop center.

good examples : Autocity (Juru) - Too much sales based only... shit... commercialized corporate suckers!

*Autocity just lacks of few things.
No Drag or drift venue.
No Track (could be just a small track... but takda) sigh
No Family Entertainment Outlet - eg. GoKart, Arcade Center (filled with racing arcade games), kids driving school (for gokart) e.t.c
No Picnic or BBQ Venue.
No JPJ or Pondok Police to settle summons and enquiries.
JPJ & Police - should have one counter with one officer for general enquiries regarding legal modifications & related issues.
Training Centers related to automotive industry
Mat Rempit Counselling Center

Last edited:

xtracooljustin

500 RPM
Sep 28, 2004
KL, PG & JB
xtracooljustin.multiply.com
dude... before going in depth to all these questions, mayb u would like to do some studies on da site first?

a) do u have a proposed site?

b) hav u done site inventory n site analysis?

c) do u have a concept?

these r more pertaining questions that need more answering to an architect other than those u have posted.

if u alredi got answers to those questions, pls post it up so ppl can help u more wif relevant answers.

regards.

20VKE70

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
Gombak
ok, thanks 4 d advice xtracooljustin

actually i olredi done the site analysis and inventory. but still there is certain info of the site that i didnt get yet such as the population etc(due to the constraints from MBSA and Guthrie)

maybe i can give info on d site...

i chose bukit jelutong as the site for the project and roughly about 20 acre of land

situated north east of shah alam at section U8.

located at near to TUDM and Subang Airport

accessible from the new highway from sungai buloh and also NKVE

my concept is 'all under one roof' and that's mean the building will cover all aspects that a car mods need

anything else...? maybe i will upload a picture of the site with the site plan so you can have better understanding.

btw you've said that you've graduated right? from which school?

blur_civic

500 RPM
Oct 8, 2004
KL/PJ
ftzone said:
get the government, manufacturer, distributors & retailers to support for one stop center.

good examples : Autocity (Juru) - Too much sales based only... shit... commercialized corporate suckers!

*Autocity just lacks of few things.
No Drag or drift venue.
No Track (could be just a small track... but takda) sigh
No Family Entertainment Outlet - eg. GoKart, Arcade Center (filled with racing arcade games), kids driving school (for gokart) e.t.c
No Picnic or BBQ Venue.
No JPJ or Pondok Police to settle summons and enquiries.
JPJ & Police - should have one counter with one officer for general enquiries regarding legal modifications & related issues.
Training Centers related to automotive industry
Mat Rempit Counselling Center
:top: Mat Rempit Counselling Center.. hahahaha... Good one..

xtracooljustin

500 RPM
Sep 28, 2004
KL, PG & JB
xtracooljustin.multiply.com
i c i c...

thats good you have done those things alredi.

now we could move on to other things. i would suggest u interview or do a survey wif these 3 groups of ppl below and get an idea of wat ppl expect/need in your building
a) public people who will use that building
b) admin of da building
c) patrons and other ppl(car dealers etc) who want to set up business there

after u got those priorities right, then u can set out to do site planning and space planning alredi.

i graduated wif Diploma from UTM in April. if u need extra input, i do suggest u register n post up ur message at the UTM Architecture Students' Forum at http://www.tanggam.com
Im sure there will be a lot of ppl there who can help u more.

Do add me at MSN so that we could talk more directly n share more on ur thesis.

20VKE70

Known Member
Jun 2, 2005
Gombak
thanks xtracooljustin for the idea. appreciate that so much.

so that's why for the first question i'm targeting the people in this forum actually.

i hope that all of you can tell me your opinion and what do you have in mind for the building.(as i have questioned before)

tq

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

To all satria GTI CONVERTED OWNERS...

Do you ever realized that maybe your 'Gti barang" is stolen stuff?, Do you ever question how these item come from? The parts are genuine and they sold cheaply...Boy! do a satria GTI Ori owner will sell their parts just like that knowing that GTI parts is EXPENSIVE and rare? go ask Proton and insurance company how much is the Satria GTI front recaro seat and the rear seat...you will be fucking terkezut..Its Rm8000.00!!.
So...u buy satria GTI front seat...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience