Personal Location Tracking (cellular) No Hiding !

mAzTT

Okay, ive heard taht you can 'track' your friends/gf/family members wherever they are using some method, i know this is possible with MAXIS, but with DiGi ? Is it possible.. ?

Also whats the method,a couple of my friends (girls) are getting worked up over this becuase its intrusion of privacy, so i just wanna know if this holds true for digi and if you would kindly so explain how this is done.

Thanks in advance.

i heard from my fren....maxis location tracker hor...need opproval by user one...if who wan know where u are but u dun wan let other ppl know...the maxis wont tell one...u still have privacy...

OKay,.. what about DiGi ? anyone knows if the tracker holds true for digi ? if so how is it done.. ?

can .. i work celcom b4.. but privacy is privacy all telco's wont track one .. they wont out those info's to anyone except serious matter and authority letter is required .. eg. police force .. last time in celcom we have special tracker program can track the cordinate of the phone is .. easily .. he he ..

hmmm Sakuraguy, there's only a certain level of accuracy that they can track you down to right?

maybe to the nearest sub-node?

cos mathematically, you can only pinpoint a person if you know his exact distance from 3 know points, eg triangulation.

so if you're saying GSM can be used for accurate tracking, means our handphones would need to relay the exact distance to 3 seperate sub-nodes? our handphones can do that?

Hmm before the discussion strays, what i heard was that anyone with a cellphone with the same providers eg: digi A to digi B.

Without going through the tedious node-tracking and triangulation pin-pointing(which more often than not, done by the people within the company as per special request)

- but a simple process where DIGI A will know where DIGI B is(apprently through an sms method or some sort). Thats what maxis apparently can do and recently DiGi, or so i heard from a recent mamak discussion :) So im just seeking if there's any solid grounds as to where these storys come from.

Great point guys, keep em comin.

erm yeah, basically so i guess the it's only accurate to like a 100m tolerance?

probably can tell you that the person is in Suria KLCC but not exactly where. pretty good for girlfriend's to check on their boyfriend's whereabouts.

Boy: working late tonight in KL baby, cannot come over.
Girl: Issit?
Boy: Ya la, f*cking boss gave me loads of work suddenly, says i have to finish all before i can leave.
Girl: Then you can come over after you're done?
Boy: Sigh, i want to babe, but it looks like i'll be here all night.

*beep beep*

SMS received: 012-2xx2xx2 is in Taman Berkeley, Klang.

You need consent from both parties to activate this feature.

You can decline if you like but you gf might smell you got shit if you keep insisting you don't wanna activate it, especially if she is the good girl but always keep track if you kind :P

Technology wise it only tracks your location to its nearest node/tower.
So if the whole of Subang Jaya (for example) only has one node.
Then it will just generally say you're in Subang Jaya.

But lets say there is one in Subang Jaya SS15, one in Sunway and on in USJ Taipan. If your location is in SS14 on the way to Sunway. The 3 nodes won't triangulate and report you're in SS14.

For the general public application use it will more often than not just report back which node you're actively using. You're active on the Sunway node then it will just report back Sunway.

The triangulation method is possible, but unless they link it with GPS they cannot tell where exactly you are. It can just say 3feet away from node 1 and closing. Yes, it can be as good as the ones shown in CSI but it can only focus on one at a time, with the right technology behind it, and of course with special authorization :P

Originally posted by differ@Feb 19 2005, 15:02
hmmm Sakuraguy, there's only a certain level of accuracy that they can track you down to right?

cos mathematically, you can only pinpoint a person if you know his exact distance from 3 know points, eg triangulation.

so if you're saying GSM can be used for accurate tracking, means our handphones would need to relay the exact distance to 3 seperate sub-nodes? our handphones can do that?
yeah .. yeah .. accuracy is there .. i work under technical management level there. u know that kalimuthu was shot? .. he was using 019-prepaid number. ;) traced by. celcom team exact location of that cellular phone .. and another thing .. privacy is privacy .. u know that telco's can see ure sms's? he he .. we all last time saw sms's from senders ;) .. but no time to read it lorr .. soooooo many sms's .. where can read one ! .. but the technology is there .. again! Privacy is Privacy! .. no more uestion to me please .. cause not allowed to tell anyone regarding this matter .. anyway .. share your ideas .. im out from this topic ;)

cheers ..

Maz: intro yer gal frens to me.. confirm problem hilang... (except for yer darling la... your personal gf i don wanna kacau.. kawan's gf cannot touch wan)

Originally posted by sakuraguy+Feb 20 2005, 11:15 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sakuraguy @ Feb 20 2005, 11:15 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-differ@Feb 19 2005, 15:02

yeah .. yeah .. accuracy is there .. i work under technical management level there. u know that kalimuthu was shot? .. he was using 019-prepaid number. ;) traced by. celcom team exact location of that cellular phone .. and another thing .. privacy is privacy .. u know that telco's can see ure sms's? he he .. we all last time saw sms's from senders ;) .. but no time to read it lorr .. soooooo many sms's .. where can read one ! .. but the technology is there .. again! Privacy is Privacy! .. no more uestion to me please .. cause not allowed to tell anyone regarding this matter .. anyway .. share your ideas .. im out from this topic ;)

cheers .. [/b][/quote]
There are CIA and other agencies with centers for tracking internet traffic too, every email, keystroke, ip, is logged and filtered.

woah ass... that means... my every move is being watched by some freak out there... my sms, my email, my current location... woahoh this is giving me a chill feeling.... :unsure:

Thats why terrorist or people running from the law stay out of the GRID.

1. no credit card transactions or ownership
2. no atm transactions or ownership
3. no telephone calls via mobile/land base
4. no internet
5. everything pay by cash

etc. etc.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom