PDRM should consider revising their summon price.

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

lawnmower

Known Member
i'm sure most of you kena speed trap before. i myself got these stuff on a regular basis, at 3 to 5 least piece a year and there's actually a point of time when i really got sick of those tickets and postmen ringing up my door bell and call me out to sign the letter to show that i've received the ticket. and from then i told myself to really take it slow especially on the highway or at least certain stretch of the highway.

so unsuspectingly last friday, again the postman rang on my door bell and almost to the state of wrecking it before i came out and told him off nicely. he called me to sign this grey looking official goverment letter bearing the words "urusan seri paduka baginda" and then i told myself shit another ticket. this time i opened it up, read it and u guys won't believe it. i did only 118km/h on the highway and the limit is only 110km/h. and to my horror it says "kompaun maksima RM300". RM300 for a lousy 8km/h? before this they only charge like RM150.

i immediately when to settle up the ticket cause my roadtax is expiring next week and yes i do have to pay RM300. the most they'll give is also around RM250, that's if i can pay them RM20 for the infamous "processing fee". So add up together it's still above RM250. i think this is a bit unfair to us. previously they only charge like RM150 and after discount it's about RM100. this time around u got to pay RM300 even for a lousy 8km/h extra. that's pretty much bullshit.

same here...my friend just went down to seremban for some business and was driving at 86kmh I guess......also kena saman....cause he went above 6kmh from 80kmh stretch....this year alone he kena close to 6 times...first two above 120 along 110...ok la....sigh...at 80kmh stretch also they put speed trap...like that customs shouldnt allow...big CC car on the road....pathetic...to drive below 80 when is a porche......

from what i heard.....the polis gives 9km/h extra for the speed trap....
that means if it were to be 110km/h, u could run at the most is 119km/h....
last week i was running 119km/h on a 110km/h stretch and in front was this road block....i did not get a ticket for that though...ermmm...

I thought we're given allowance of 10kmh? Not sure if we can argue with them that 10kmh is given as standard tolerance. Not every car's speedometer is calibrated to the PDRM's speed camera.

I use to get summons for exceeding 11 to 15kmh and you can't complain at that speed because its well over the tolerance.

from what i heard.....the polis gives 9km/h extra for the speed trap....
that means if it were to be 110km/h, u could run at the most is 119km/h....
last week i was running 119km/h on a 110km/h stretch and in front was this road block....i did not get a ticket for that though...ermmm...

From my experience with roadblocks in highways, the police don't actually have your picture snapped where you're speeding. I've been stopped 4 times at the same spot, somewhere before the Bidor toll booth whereby each time he says i'm speeding in the region of 121kmh to 130kmh. Each time i dismiss him saying i didn't speed and will want to buy the picture as proof. And then the policeman will challenge back and asking you to buy the pics from some forsaken police station town like Slim River, Tapah whereby most people would fall into the trap and try to avoid the hassle of going into the small town. Most of the time i said i'll buy the pics and get him to "record" down my details. However, they've never issued me a summon on the spot for the past 4 times i got stopped. As far as i know, for such roadblocks, the police must issue you a summon with your signature to acknowledge you were wrong. And an important point to note is that if you're not guilty, DO NOT SIGN on anything.

BTW, the 4 times i was stopped, most of the time i'm going around 115kmh only and you just need to be nice and courteous to the policeman, do not be rude but be firm and not bribe to get yourself out of trouble that you didn't commit.

you guys elect me as an MP, then vote me for the ministry.

I'd be the new Road and Safety Minister. New portfolio. I'll justify them to have a new ministry because the old and previous minister had failed to curb accident rates and also caused the road users to be defensive-minded. As the results, many of their incomes being spend on summons and their productivity reduced greatly.

my first ideas are that:

1) New Malaysian Autobahn which limited to the road users of all, except Rempit Bikes, Lorries, Trelers, and also, the road users had to subsribe the fees to use the road. The new link of superhighway will stretch like the PLUS, but with better facilities and road condition, because the subsriber pay premium fees for their lust of speeding and of course, time.

2) Euro-tunnel like bullet train capable of carrying cars and people will be build. The scretch also cover most of the big cities. Of course, it will be electrically run. Then, you have to pay also for the services. Let say, if Penang-KL journey with you and your car, then the fee might be around 100-150 (it is cheaper compared you drive all along to penang from KL, RM50 for toll + RM 100 for fulltanks of petrol + RM300 for speeding ticket, provided you only 'accidently' forced the pedal..hahha). but that english tunnel fast train is very needed to curb the summon issue and guarantee safety.

3) The summon tickets can be challenged. If you feel like you are doing below the speed limit, then you are fined, you can present your case at the court. No fees would be imposed for bringing your case. It would be judged by internal judges and of course undersupervision of the relevant authorities. For the case to be able to present, your car will have to be inspected by PUSPAKOM for any faulty and as one of the procedures. Mode of challenges are varies - you can use your video cam to record the speed, or whatever devices you want to use.

How about that? How brilliant I am, is it? hua hua hua hua hua.....

big CC car on the road....pathetic...to drive below 80 when is a porche......
dude, speed limit is speed limit, whether you have a ferrari or lambo or whatever. The difference is that other countries have autobahns, where the fast lane has no speed limit. hehe

As far as i know, for such roadblocks, the police must issue you a summon with your signature to acknowledge you were wrong. And an important point to note is that if you're not guilty, DO NOT SIGN on anything.
..... you just need to be nice and courteous to the policeman, do not be rude but be firm and not bribe to get yourself out of trouble that you didn't commit.
I been stressing on that many many times but you know la, malaysian attitude is "just pay and be done with it." but little do they know, the pdrm will still send the summons to their houses. When they get the summons, they complain like shit saying that they bribe already still get summons. It shows just how much of a stupid fuck they are and I think they bloody well deserve that summons. Later on, they then complain that the pdrm is shitty people cos always taking bribes and such when the CORE PROBLEM is the dumb fool driver himself for trying to bribe his way through.

1) New Malaysian Autobahn which limited to the road users of all, except Rempit Bikes, Lorries, Trelers, and also, the road users had to subsribe the fees to use the road. The new link of superhighway will stretch like the PLUS, but with better facilities and road condition, because the subsriber pay premium fees for their lust of speeding and of course, time.
Malaysia already has no more money due to the pig G's sucking it all up. So basically, it'll all be about money issue and the country will in a worst financial state if more money is spent. I think the citizens have paid enough just that the pig G's leeched all the money for themselves.

2) Euro-tunnel like bullet train capable of carrying cars and people will be build. The scretch also cover most of the big cities. Of course, it will be electrically run. Then, you have to pay also for the services. Let say, if Penang-KL journey with you and your car, then the fee might be around 100-150 (it is cheaper compared you drive all along to penang from KL, RM50 for toll + RM 100 for fulltanks of petrol + RM300 for speeding ticket, provided you only 'accidently' forced the pedal..hahha). but that english tunnel fast train is very needed to curb the summon issue and guarantee safety.
Same answer as no 1).

3) The summon tickets can be challenged. If you feel like you are doing below the speed limit, then you are fined, you can present your case at the court. No fees would be imposed for bringing your case. It would be judged by internal judges and of course undersupervision of the relevant authorities. For the case to be able to present, your car will have to be inspected by PUSPAKOM for any faulty and as one of the procedures. Mode of challenges are varies - you can use your video cam to record the speed, or whatever devices you want to use.
This sounds feasible but do we have efficient and fair judges? I don't think so. So basically, it'll go down the drain anyway.

say tak nak to reducing the summon price !! :biggrin:

If u dont want to pay the summon, dont break the law, or if u want to break the law, make sure u dont get caught

Increase the summons, decrease the summons, i don't really care.

I invested in a good Speed trap detector :)

Hope no PDRM's reading this forum......

wrong!....hope the head of PDRM is reading this post!!.......
I got 2 speeding tickets and I know that my speed is maybe okie....maybe 10km/h above the limit.....
so what?!...u know especially in highways, if the car in front is driving 90 of the speed limit of 110km/h; u'll need at least a speed of 110-120km/h in order to overtake him and than maintain the speed of 90km/h again or 100km/h...
don't tell me in the acceleration part u unluckily got snapped and u can't appeal?!....

I know in overseas u can always go to the police station and ask to review and appeal. The police would based on the situation and look into the appeal cases unlike here where my 2 parking summons I still haven't receive it yet via mail.

How I know?....luckily I'm IT savvy! And did they ever attached the photos with the summons to prove u'll really over the limit?? no?!?!........so even if it's a frame; who knows?!.....

that's what makes us have doubts on their ability to judge!

hope someone in PDRM is readin this post and bring it upwards!!

I thought we're given allowance of 10kmh? Not sure if we can argue with them that 10kmh is given as standard tolerance. Not every car's speedometer is calibrated to the PDRM's speed camera.

I use to get summons for exceeding 11 to 15kmh and you can't complain at that speed because its well over the tolerance.

lets calibrate our speedometer same to lorry / bus, their 80-90kmh same like our 110-120kmh, ok wat..

110kmh on hiway now feel very slow, if they want to giv RM300 summons, speed limit la, 140kmh ok la, haha..

Dont know you guys notice or not, but nowadays those express buses is going above the limited 90 Km/h already on highways. They are really going damn fast on the highway. Dont they scared of getting caught. I got tailgated by a few express buses already. I'm going 110 -115 already they still overtake me...
And now most of them is using the fast lane somemore !!!!....and hogging it..

b00n,
Don't hope for PDRM's to be reading ZTH or even surfin net, simply because they are extremely stupid and they are foolish fools that wreck their kind's image. And quite honestly, they don't know how to judge anything simply because ...(refer above sentence). If they bring any issue upwards, their higher levels will try to see if they can get more twisted money out of it and then they will squeeze and extort the citizens more.

All this while, the babi cops has never attached photos with the summons. They could very well be lying and cheating us citizens (which I truely believe they are in fact cheating us). When we want to see the photos, we have to buy them. How stupid-fuck is that??? We can't even view the evidence? Thing is, nobody bothers to fight the system and even if they did, the babi g's will just brush it off. Sad to say, it seems this is how the malays run the country.

try to drive @ 200kmh++ when passing by speed limit area.. see if the camera still could capture it.. (actually its more to a question not a statement :D )

-peace-

the problem is you might not know where the camera is...
like my case; the whole fucking stretch of road got no cars as it's weekend morning 9.00 - 10.00 am.....from KLIA back to KL...
fuck!

b00n,
wah lao. You work so far wan ar? The expressway to KLIA is not all that smooth anyway. It's got some grooves here and there. If you drive too fast and hit the groove, your car may be launched into the air la. If that happens, you better be prepared to do some air born skateboard tricks with your car. hehehehe

haha....bugger....I'm driving maybe more than usual speed of 100-110km/h...
but well below 120km/h mark...cos someone is next to me nagging me.........

for the first summon I still remember meself in Petronas Station opposite Sepang F1 at close to 9.00am (why I remember because the plane that arrived in LCCT is 8.45am; than I need to refill my car, somemore got Sepang safety car mostly putras and wajas in preparation for F1 in 2 weeks time). But the summon issued to me is:
KM289 L/R JB-KL-JB
1-ZZ715649
17/03/2007-0910

Am i really that fast?!
hahaha....
I dunno how to dispute, should I go to the station and buy the photo?!....if there's no photo?....should I pay??....

Who works as legal adviser here??

KM289 i think refers to the place where the camera was set up.

in that case i think KM289 is somewhere around the nilai RnR area opposite the memorial park if i recall correctly.

i'm not saying that they should altogether lower down all the summon price. well at least try to adjust the summon price according to the offense. RM300 for an extra 8 is a bit absurd.

last time they used to summon rm150 only but maximum compaun is rm300.nowadays they give rm300 straight. i tot they got different speed exceeded different price??

last time one minister come out to say u can speed 115km/h at 110km/h stretch when the request for higher speed limit is rejected. then i read somewhere before that there's 10% allowance for speed limit..

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom