New Toy - DeWalt DWP849X

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

racedemon22

Known Member
Oct 17, 2008
Fuh, i have check the dealer in Kuching and they quote me rm980.... thats a huge margin of price compare to KL.. can someone recommend me any shops in KL that can sell reasonable price? thanks

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
.....maybe you can ask somebody to handcarry back for you when visiting or going back.....
how much is the Makita over there?

racedemon22

Known Member
Oct 17, 2008
Makita not much difference... around rm900 ++ to rm1k++..... might do that....can recommend some hardware store that sell the dewalt for rm600++.......thanks

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
I need to ask around if you want the details. Give me a little time ya....

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Brw....are you also ericsan on 'the other' forum....?

racedemon22

Known Member
Oct 17, 2008
nope..iam honda 202 from the other forum....thanks krismas and hope to hear from u soon.... any review on Hitachi SP18VA.... its much cheaper and maybe i can consider this too.......

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
The Hitachi is also a proven rotary, *almost* at par with the Makita. But there are some downsides that aren't favoured by quite a few enthusiasts, namely:

1. Louder/higher pitch
2. Don't have 'soft start'
3. Very obvious 'jerk' during start
4. Handling not as 'balanced' as the Makita

Accept for the above few 'minor' annoyance, and if you don't mind to live with them, it's also a good and proven machine and the price is quite reasonable. But, personally, I feel that the Hitachi is a little out-dated already. Although the new DeWalt hasn't been proven for it's realiability yet as compared to the Makita, the price is too much to pass. Further more, it comes with 1 year warranty as opposed to Makita which now only give 6 months warranty.

There's a video comparing the few rotaries that we took during one of our regular get-together. Let me see if I can find it......

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Here we go:
DeWalt DWP849X Test Run - YouTube

racedemon22

Known Member
Oct 17, 2008
oic.....so i think i have to wait for your price on the dewalt and place to purchase it...thanks for the info krismas.....heheheh

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Hold on for a little bit more ya. A couple of friends who bought it promise to give some detail info today.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
I love te super low speed (600 rpm) of he makita. It's good for spreading and the last burnishing while dEwalt only have 1000 rpm. But RM500???? I can live with it man! Definitely a good buy!

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Errr....bro....you're right about the older DeWalt, but this is newer DeWalt....lowest speed also 600rpm already.

racedemon22

Known Member
Oct 17, 2008
hehehe yup the slowest start is 600rpm based on what i read at the net.....any good news Krismas.....

Last edited:

darween13

Feb 6, 2006
Velocity
There is a hardware shop around sg.besi, opposite the volvo and proton showroom; the DeWalt is going for RM650 there full set. I just cant recall the hardware store name. Someone care to shed some light. Its an old store; nostalgic looking.

Thanks.

racedemon22

Known Member
Oct 17, 2008
wah....keep the info going bro.... thanks anybody else know where to look for the dewalt....

eohl79

Known Member
Jun 12, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
The new Dewalt DWP849X is the same weight as the Makita at ~3kg. It has the same RPM range as the Makita which is 600-3000 RPM. It has soft start and variable speed trigger too. There are some quirkiness to the trigger as experienced by some people. First it does not have a positive feel and gradual speed change as the Makita. Not sure if that has been rectified. Secondly, on free rotation, when pushing the trigger all the way down from zero there seems to be a slight speed overshoot before it settles down at the target speed. Might not be too apparent underload. The rubber insulation on the RB head is also a good feature as you won't really feel the heat generated if you like gripping the RB head. One thing the Makita runs a tad cooler than the Dewalt. Not too much difference in sound output between Makita vs Dewalt DWP849X. Both runs reasonably quiet in the low RPM range (<1500).

Do check if the Dewalt RB comes with the original flexible backing plate. The Dewalt flexible backing plate is meant for pads 6.5" and larger. It is high quality and better than the LC flexible ones. Just that you need to be accustomed running larger pads - most enthusiasts that I know tend to like 5.5" these days including myself.

racedemon22

Known Member
Oct 17, 2008
can anyone recommend me some names of hardware shop that sells this dewalt...will be going to KL next week and want to buy it in KL.....thanks guys

mie77

Known Member
Mar 6, 2005
Any updates on the 849X reviews, reliability..?? Been looking to add on a rotary to my 3D DA polisher and Bosch ROB..been surveying Hitachi SP18VA, Makita 9227C and Dewalt 849X..Anybody used AEG MC-PE150 polisher before..??

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Mine is still going strong. Just used it the other weekend. I even previously had it on loan to a detailing centre (a friend) for a couple of months cuz he was also unsure whether to get this or the Makita. He told me he used it almost everyday and have no complaints (actually, he liked it so much that he went and bought a couple afterwards).

Sorry but no experience with the AEG.

mie77

Known Member
Mar 6, 2005
Thanks for the info KrisMas.. Just to confirm with you, was it RM650 when you bought yours (group buy?) and where did you bought it from? I was quoted RM940 for it by the only Dewalt shop here in KK..any extra items in the box when you got it? The Hitachi 18VA costs bout RM700-750 here..crazy ah the pricing here :bawling:

mie77

Known Member
Mar 6, 2005
Sorry off topic a bit..found this while doin my "research"...does it ave the same "qualities" as the RM1k bucket..??

Attachments

A Post Every 5 Mins

Helo everyone,
I would like to know is the price reasonable to service and change air-conditioner of Proton Iswara?
Please tell me.
Thank You.
Here is the receipt.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience