NEW MEMBER : pop in for a quick intro

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

king_jamez

500 RPM
Apr 13, 2007
hey guys...just gotten myself a coupe...hope to learn more from all the sifu's...=) do inform me if there's any TT coming on...eager to learn more bout the true potential of rd2...

Nick / Name : James
Ride Type : RD2
Ride Colour : Crystal White

jdr1786

Known Member
Dec 9, 2008
kuala lumpur
Hey james first off welcome to HCC.zth,
I'm JD. also driving RD 2 & also from ld klang road lol.
wonder if you got the coupe from jln puchong used car? parked next rx-8.

king_jamez

500 RPM
Apr 13, 2007
yeah man...got it from esteem motor....how come u noticed that car? btw were u around ss15 last nite cuz i spotted a red rd2 when i was parking by the roadside....=)

jdr1786

Known Member
Dec 9, 2008
kuala lumpur
hehe see i know coz i went to see some car there family car.. so noticed this coupe btw the rx-8 also not bad there is nice.. Nop i wasn't in ss15 last night but went there few days back.

king_jamez

500 RPM
Apr 13, 2007
ahhhh icic...so ur rd2 will be ur weekend car eh? rx8 is way beyond my range la bro...probably next time when i start working...but i'll rather get the legendary rx7 instead....xD btw how come hcc so quiet??

jdr1786

Known Member
Dec 9, 2008
kuala lumpur
haha somthing like that i just spent on the mod it... yes right rx-7 much better rx-8 chicks car lol. but nice oso lah! nowadays like that lah bro always so quite 1!! mayb coz some of them sold their coupes while other just busy with work personal issues.. anyways hopefully we can have more active members here so can heat up again!! =)

jdr1786

Known Member
Dec 9, 2008
kuala lumpur
well we'll plan some event TT soon so those around and active would be good.

Welcome jonathan, which part of kl u at?

king_jamez

500 RPM
Apr 13, 2007
cant wait to meet u guys...keep me informed if there's any TT coming up...at the mean time just trying to fix my coupe bits by bits....FC is crazily high...became better after i changed to semi...still looking for aftermarket air filter and plug cable...any good ones to recommend? wat other ways could improve my car's FC?

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
king james, how high is ur fc? if its abnormally high, try replacing ur o2 sensor :) old and worn out ones give faulty readings to the ecu

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

all the old timers seem to be very quiet.. im not sure if they still have their coupes anot.

king_jamez

500 RPM
Apr 13, 2007
king james, how high is ur fc? if its abnormally high, try replacing ur o2 sensor :) old and worn out ones give faulty readings to the ecu

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

all the old timers seem to be very quiet.. im not sure if they still have their coupes anot.
i only get bout 180km on average after a few times refueling of RM50....changed to semi last week n found out the plug cable is worn...the mechanic said lost of power could happen due to the plug cable...cant see how badly damaged the plug cable is cuz it's wrapped wit the black wire tape...was thinking to change aftermarket or ori cable as mr lee quoted 150 for ori one...found another 9.8mm cable by rev performance...any of u guys tried the cable before?:confused:

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

btw, one mechanic said that certain parts of coupe is shared by sonata n also other models...are any of the hyundai models out there sharing rd2's parts...or engine to be specific...mine is the 1.6...is accent sharing the same engine? there's a lot to learn bout hyundai...i'm completely new to hyundai....xD

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
for a standard engine ur not gonna yield any improvements or very very minimal improvements from using thicker cable.. have u checked ur plugs condition? if it is fouled then replacing them will be a good idea:) about the arts sharing im not too sure as my hyundai is a real early model.. hopefully other members can verify this..

king_jamez

500 RPM
Apr 13, 2007
plug condition is still good...was actually thinking of changing to iridium...probably the next change...if the thicker cables doesn't make any difference on my stock engine then i guess i'll just go back to mr lee to get the ori one....thanks for the info scoupe!

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
personally i dun find iridium that great.. but some ppl do claim to get better millage.. give it ago and see if it works for you.. do make sure u get the plugs with the right gaping.. cause i noticed mechs here seem to have a rule of thumb for all injection cars they use 1mm.. but for me i would get one that is following the manufactures specs :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Merc's Geländewagens (cross country vehicles) are a rare sight in Malaysia. Designed rough and tough, the G-class started life as a light military vehicle, until civilian-spec was offered in 1979. There are three generation of G-Wagens, and the one in the pictures above is the most recent 463-model G55 AMG.

The 5.5-liter supercharged V8 churns out 500hp, and a frankly silly 700Nm of torque. It only...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience