Neo CPS full tank only 200km+

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
Coz the Salesman is my mum's friend. And i'm only 19 this year.... if i go there alone they see me budak only later they dunwan to layan me.
some advise...this is not the mentality to have when dealing with proton. You're not ONLY 19, you're ALREADY 19, time to grow up. Even when dealing with the salesman, all i can say is...PUSH! or nothing's gonna get done. :banghead:

how's the car running otherwise? smooth? no jerking? how heavy footed are you? been driving with a car full of friends lately? are you doing a proper run in? :idea:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Coz the Salesman is my mum's friend. And i'm only 19 this year.... if i go there alone they see me budak only later they dunwan to layan me.

Btw, anyone have any idea what could be happening? Maybe the ECU, or fuel injection system, throttle body?
As I mentioned before, could possibly also have some leaks in the fuel system. Get the car lifted up and then inspect the whole fuel lines from the tank to the injectors, see if there's any leaks. Long time ago, I also experienced such fuel leaks before with my very old Mitsu Eterna which made the fuel consumption as bad as yours, then we found a leak in the tank!

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
thread starter, if u need help in checking ur car up, u can always pm me for more detail sir. no worries, i wont bite

danz, iam no sifu sir : )

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the feedback guys. Sending it for inspection at Proton tomorrow 11am. Anyone know's the average FC for Neo CPS? Short distance driving.
I'm quite heavey footed.... normally floor the pedal. But since i got this car and the FC so high i tried to drive more 'gently' but still FC so high...
Can't wait to get the prob fixed.... if full thank can go 400km also god enough for me already. Can continue floor pedal. :driver:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Just sit at home and ask the send a tow truck to take your car. Say you no money to drive.

No just kidding...

Don't bother that you are 19 or 91. Consumer is consumer. To be honest, I have experience in proton SC and they even give shits to uncles. Know your rights. You feed them tens of thousand (in tax to keep them surviving) to buy their car.

Seriously, that is more thirsty than my friend's 1jz-gte in a heavy old merc 280SE body.

XlimShady

Known Member
Oct 21, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Proton reset the ECU for me today..... pumped full tank petrol to see how it goes. So far driven about 22km, the fuel gauge went down abit. :hmmmm:

I'll see how far i have gone when i use up 1/4 of petrol, if its still going down fast i'll send for checkup again. *Fingers crossed*

ashyu90

Known Member
Oct 3, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Got my Neo CPS last month. Manual. But I feel that the FC is pretty high. Half a tank i can only go about 100km+ and full tank 200+km only. Tried revving less but still the same.

Is this normal? I went to Proton, they said they weill check my ECU when i go for my first service.

Other NEO drivers pls advice. :adore:
this, in my opinion .. sometimes we can not believe the FC though ... the fuel consumption depends on how we handle the engine .. what I can suggest, you fill in a full tank .. then u drive safely .. see how KM Your car can go ...

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
Xlimshady,
Im getting my neo last 2 weeks as well.

Having the same problem oso...

First tank only get 300+ with 90% highway drive... :'(

After first service better a bit only, 70% highway drive, get about 350 like tat.

Quite bad oso. When i drive home from work, 7km can see the petrol indicator drop fast... :'(

Just make appointment with sc tomorrow and check it out...

haiz..

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
check the indicator at the meter display...u can estimate from there but 200km for full tank is way too much...send to sc and complaint about this terrible fc...must be something wrong somewhere..my campro persona iafm running at 420km for every full tank.

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
check the indicator at the meter display...u can estimate from there but 200km for full tank is way too much...send to sc and complaint about this terrible fc...must be something wrong somewhere..my campro persona iafm running at 420km for every full tank.
Just to check with you, 420KM for ?% highway and ?%urban.

Feb 19, 2011
Port Klang
Hi...I've just received my new Neo CPS and been driving with it for 3 days. Is it normal if I were able to drive 120km for 15.8 litres of fuel. Been driving with a constant speed of 100km/h...is it ok to drive at that speed for new car?

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
Just to check with you, 420KM for ?% highway and ?%urban.
mixture. but i use a lot of highway.....its actually between 350km to 420km

thor03

Dec 5, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
why cam pro suck lot of petrol...... it's just 1.6 rite then u got system cps, it's should give more efficiency to petrol rite like v-tec , vvti n etc....

1.8 dohc mitsubishi can get 550km full tank......:hmmmm:

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
mixture. but i use a lot of highway.....its actually between 350km to 420km
I think mine get about the same figure as yours.

Recently tried 50 ringgit ron95 (26 liters), 90% highway, i can get around 290km.

Looks like CPS drink petrol like human drinking water.

Anyway to help to reduce the fuel consumption?

I'm getting info about the fuel regulator. I'm not sure whether it helps.. haiz.. sorry, im a just a noob for fuel management.

ashyu90

Known Member
Oct 3, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
for me..Fuel consumption depends on how you drive. for example, driving while trafic jammed, highway, drive fast, drive slow or you're driving within the limits of fuel efficiency (90km/h-120km/h). all these have an impact on fuel consumption...:driver:You can not assess by reading on your meter....

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
I think mine get about the same figure as yours.

Recently tried 50 ringgit ron95 (26 liters), 90% highway, i can get around 290km.

Looks like CPS drink petrol like human drinking water.

Anyway to help to reduce the fuel consumption?

I'm getting info about the fuel regulator. I'm not sure whether it helps.. haiz.. sorry, im a just a noob for fuel management.
its consider good. full tank rm80 that means yr car can go 532km per full tank

jimmyae101

1,000 RPM
Dec 7, 2005
medan indonesia
ok ma.my last seg 1.6 normal engine rm50 just getting 250km ,then i change engine to 4age blacktop 20 vavle..walau..rm50 only get 180 or 200km...too high fuel consumption like drink expensive water...unless i only drink 30 cent chinese tea ice on my lunch hehehe:proud:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The much anticipated Proton Waja replacement model is now available for booking. Codenamed the Proton P3-90A, or now officially known as the Inspira, the new car was unveiled today at a soft launch at Proton's HQ - the Center of Excellence.

The car is a product of a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience