need helps..

nasr

Oct 21, 2004
hello teacher n sifus,
mine is AE101 4afe, i just back from malacca yesterday n maintain speed at 140-160 km/h. When reached seremban, temp almost show the red line, so i stop my car, shock after 1/2 hour, i have to put 2 bottle of 1.2L water into the rediator..
Why? whats wrong a?
Already change water pump n no leaking,
Isnt caused of engine is so hot?
Thanx

krow

Dec 4, 2003
sure got leak.. either the radiator, or the hoses or maybe the rad cap or even the reserve tank.

anyhow at 140-160 wats ur rev range?

good luck~

EFN

Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Thermostat unable to open properly perhaps. Try removing the thermostat for a while and drive - see if the same problem re-occurs.

Worse case scenario, some seals are having very small leaks that eyes cannot see. Meaning water will seep out very slowly only under pressure.

TRD16v

Feb 9, 2004
Tokyo, Japan.
Check thermostat, radiator hose, radiator itself, pressure cap & water pump. All this should have one of the item not in good working condition already.

Regards,
Mike

AE80TypeD

Nov 24, 2003
yeap. first and foremost check all of the above, plus verify that u dont have compression leak. a damaged head gasket due to overheating could leak combustion chamber air to ur cooling system, pushing all the water out of the radiator. to diagnose this problem, check and see if ur plastic reservoir is always filling up and discarding water. (other than the level u filled it).

if the water is not always pushed into the reservoir, u can rest assured that ur head gasket is still good and u are not losing any power from the engine.

Have some query abt tis thermostat..anyone using tis thermostat? it claimed valve open at 71celcius..any problem for tis product? e.g valve jammed or valve open at 80c?