Need advice on 4-2-1 Extractor

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

alexalex

May 5, 2005
tteh86,

Yes, no more CAT after putting in PZ 4-2-1.
Thanks, I will check or send to tuning.

I have not done any tuning after install the 4-2-1.

Do I need to tune?

My current settting;

PZ 4-2-1 >>> long centre pipe >> ori muffler

alexalex

May 5, 2005
Just to recall my problem.

After installed a new PZ 4-2-1 extractor, remove CAT, others all original parts.

Travel daily on same road, speed, load, petrol etc.

Have to change gear more often, eg when going uphill from stop, gear 1 (OK), gear 2 (not OK) as normally I can go over the hill with just gear 2 but now have to down shift to gear 1.

The same for Gear 3 but most of the time need to downshift to gear 2 due to "missing" power at the end. (sorry, its a 1.3 so no RPM info to compare)

Not much changes for gear 4 & 5.

All this while I use normal Shell petrol and still can feel the "power" in gear 2 & 3.

If I use Shell V-Power, I can feel the "power". now both "power" is gone.

Something is not right, somewhere!.

thteh86

2,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Subang Jaya, Ma
Visit site
bro, there's no need for tuning after fixing your extractor, may need some minor tunings but not till this teruk.

i suggest, bring your car to NST performance, re-check everything, if the problem remains, i suggest forget it....it means u are the unlucky one.

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
not all siemen VDO version need 2 reset ECU
but LOTS of em need 2 reset...

btw alexalex...urs is which year car?
if siemen vdo...try cleaning ur throttle body...

kwai

1,500 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
Perak
Visit site
mine show us how u do ur air filter thing? :D

coz normal CAI is a hose frm front bumper guide hose to blow the freash air to the air filter... but frm ur words look like u relocated ur air filter...
if u realli do so, how if got air intake leaking? i meant if doing it by not professional way....

plz show pict if can... :D

Last edited:

alexalex

May 5, 2005
Kwai,

My CAI is to take out the ori U-shape snorkel right under the bumper, in-front of front right-hand tyre.

You need to open the dark wheel arch cover (fender?) to see clearly the ori U-shape has a joint at the middle.

It was glued together to make the shape of U (last part of the ori intake)

I have to force it out with a screw driver. Form there, I get a 3.5" ( I think) flexsible hose (about 3 feets) and route it to the front bumper, sucking air directly from outside.

A feel little bit of improvement, smoother surge. Maybe just phycology only lah..

jasonchan

500 RPM
Jun 1, 2004
GO BACK TO POWER ZONE LA.. force them to rectify the damn problem if cannot solve...u can help them broadcast their defective product in the future..hahahhah

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
kwai...i think his CAI is just like ours lah...
but if u wan u can relocated the battery
xtend the filter air ram until the air filter be just right bhind
head lamp...
too bad i got no $$$ 2 do..heheehhe

alexalex

May 5, 2005
Well, I'm new to car mod and not sure is there any different performance between PZ and Cap Ayam brand. Physically, I see not much diff but PZ said their is length tuned, etc...

Any idea/comments?

My first impression after reading the forum on PZ was most of you all commented OK/good.

When I went to PZ, I saw their workshop messy & un-organised, then the guy did a demo on the vacum, blowing the air from ori and then PZ 4-2-1. I can feel the PZ have stronger air blowing out compare to ori. (well not sure if the ori extractor was blocked somewhere in between, commercial trick?)

Anyway, I installed it after listening to the guy explaination.

But my impression was not good when they do not installed it at their workshop but sent me to another exhaust shop nearby (saw lot of design there and cheaper too!).

They do not have the proper jack/machinery to repair underneath of car. Wonder what can I expect from such a workshop and whether it can increase my car performance or not!

A Post Every 5 Mins

My car passenger side winscreen was smached and my notebook was taken away by those mutha%^$&(*.
I parked at Atria Damansara Jaya. my notebook was inbettwen the back seat and front seat. And i covered with some paper so that it wont be visible....
At 20 minutes, my Radiostar's alarms shock sensor was triggred. and after another 10 seconds another one more time triggered.
I rushed to my car and it was too late. It took me 4 minutes to reach to my car since i was a bit far from my car...

I...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience