NAZA Ria reliability

LeeHK

Feb 22, 2010
Spore
Was driving up to Genting last week. Saw 3 Naza Ria overheat ( private owners not taxis).

Was stunned with the sheer number of them overheating on a single day!

How reliable are these cars ?

Owners care to share ? :hmmmm:

LeeHK

Feb 22, 2010
Spore
Hard to get good Korean car mechanics here ??

Better consider Made in Malaysia EXORA then. At least got 5 years warranty i heard ...

Last edited:

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
I've driven one and must say, the gear shifts are quite smooth. But, petrol consumption will kill you. Great MPV for a big family but only if your pocket is big.

Hahehhaha

Stability on the highway when you're speeding is also quite different compared to a car. You get the feeling you're on a bus / coach.....

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
it was called Kia Carnival in 2002...then 2003 rebadged by Naza...and named Ria.
very spacious and nice to drive...powerful too. good built up and stable for long distance drive.

the drawback: super high fuel consumption, heavy maintenance - expensive parts, when mileage near to 100,000km, the water sips into the engine head gasket...thus resulting in engine oil mixed with water...u will see milky coloured engine oil....cause overheating and engine very noisy and power loss.
cheapest cost of repair is to buy an engine head...new one and replace all gaskets..overhaul top. estimated on economy way of repairing..rm8000 plus.

other than that...for a mpv...its luxury and nice to drive....

Exora comes with 175000km or 5yrs warranty. power wise....pick up slow but on smooth cruising..very fun to drive too....easier to maintain...

flanker c

Known Member
Jul 24, 2007
proton exora more better then naza mpv coz:

fuel cosumption-exora win
sparepart-exora win
reliability-exora win
comfort-both
2nd value-of coz exora.
sporty look-exora win
spacious-both

Grixism

Known Member
Mar 11, 2005
KLTN/VIRGINIA
Visit site
I've driven one and must say, the gear shifts are quite smooth. But, petrol consumption will kill you. Great MPV for a big family but only if your pocket is big.

Hahehhaha

Stability on the highway when you're speeding is also quite different compared to a car. You get the feeling you're on a bus / coach.....

i,ve driven one for a short distance, and i see the fc is quite acceptable, but its just a short distance lol