Myvi with 4 pot brembo disc brake

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

TypicalGuy

1,000 RPM
wah so fast got ppl mod liao....

will post picture later...

4 pot brembo new brake system front 17 inch size....evo size...

but rear using drum.....

braking strength equal meh?

this car from sunway 1 right?
i think posted here b4
if not mistaken this car with wide bodykit? right?

From what I understand, you brake more with your front wheels because you steer with them.

Plus the Myvi is a front wheel drive. There are no power to the rear wheels

turtle turn? what's that? probably not if it is what I think.

But cars with rear drum brakes converted to disc brakes are prone to get the whole rear end torn off from the braking force.

[QUOTE=' xZ "]this car from sunway 1 right?
i think posted here b4
if not mistaken this car with wide bodykit? right?[/QUOTE]

yeah sunway

gila meh....front four pot...back drums...ding dong leh..tht fella....where got equal break force....the back wheels is like trying to overtake the front wheels man....easily can lose control during hard brake corners

Sure or not? Maybe caliper cover je la???

Anyways whats the point of having brembo 4 pot!? Can the car reach 180++? 2 pot (non brembo) already ok la.

I know, for show right? hehe

eujin said:
gila meh....front four pot...back drums...ding dong leh..tht fella....where got equal break force....the back wheels is like trying to overtake the front wheels man....easily can lose control during hard brake corners

don't think so. It's a front wheel drive and it's a light car. with the increases braking force, the weight would be easier to transfer to the front of the car for tackling corners.

Can't see any reason to use 4 pot Brembo's on a Myvi, really. Unless that car has a 200+hp engine under the hood.

But i really wanna find out more info about changing stock drum brakes to disc brakes. As Modmaestro mentioned that changing from drum to disc will affect the car balance? This is one point i never think of, brake balance. Stock cars with disc front, drum rear obviously are tuned to maximise the capabilities. Will this be a major issue when you convert to disc at the rear?

the biggest problem would be that your chassis isn't designed to withstand so much force. 1 way to overcome this is to strengthen your rear end.

After that, you still have to tune the force applied to the rear brakes. You might have to do something to the brake fluid pump and reservoir.

the rear end problem happens even if you are using 'normal' disc brakes. And of course, this also mostly happens under hard braking. But you wouldn't be needing extra braking force if you're not going to have extra power now, do you?

Last edited:
TypicalGuy said:
wah so fast got ppl mod liao....

will post picture later...

4 pot brembo new brake system front 17 inch size....evo size...

but rear using drum.....

braking strength equal meh?

brother ... my friend are using the 4Pot caliper for front and the 2 pot caliper for rear in his MyVi ... at 1st i was shocked as well ... then later i took a good look ... it was a real 1 ... not a cover only ... both front and rear ... but it really looks very nice with a Work 17inch rims ...the car located at sungai besi ... just to share with u all ... coz its 1 of the best looking MyVi i ever seen ... and i think i will get another MyVI for my wife after this ... nice car it is ... =) Cheers ...

pic pic pic ??? hehehe should open new modded myvi gallery coz myvi damn hot these days...

coola...hehe...how much i wish my old ford had 4 pots...hehei can jam kau kau let ppl jealous...hehe...

i think myvi should be ok la...but have u guys seen a kelisa...front back....4 pot.....cross drill ...heheh

escaflowne said:
erm......got a question.Is that genuine brembo or just a cover?

woi if cover.i will take it off from the car 1st....then put in my car..

this brembo i cannot take it out and put in my car wor

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom