Myvi brakeset for your stock kenari & kelisa :)

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

v1ctorong

Known Member
Nov 25, 2005
YRV brake set can fit to 14", can fit to kelisa and not sure bout stoping power.

Original YRV also using 14" rim

regal

Sep 15, 2008
guys. sory to disturb. would like to know the cost of this myvi brake setup. is it possible for any shop to do it cos i reside in sg. please advise freight cost to jb. cos my uncle stay thr i can collect for him.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
regal... the myvi brake set can get around RM250... if needed, get new pads and skim the rotors... if needed.

but during installation ull definitely need to get new brake fluid... good time to upgrade to higher DOT.

installation is straight forward. no custom anything... direct plug and play so any shop should be able to do it

regal

Sep 15, 2008
So who should i look for if i need the brake set. what is it included? the rotors. the disc is slotted or cross drilled. i actually looking for slotted. and the pads. total cost is ??? since installaton is straight forward then i can install at my own workshop. madman u change ur kelisa to wad? i love to read the changes u made to ur kelisa at k2oc....

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
im using EG6 now bro :D

for the brake set...usually comes with standard caliper and rotor. ull need to find someone whos selling 2nd hand.

the rotor is normal vented rotors. if u wan crossdrilled and slotted u have to buy seperately.. IMP crossdrilled and slotted rotors for myvi roughly RM450 iirc. not sure about other brands...

brake pads, might or might not come with the set u buy..depending on the seller since its a used item...if need to buy pads.. u can choose whichever 1 u want. so price may vary.

take note that standard myvi rotors has a tendency of warping. so changing rotors is a good idea.

if ur willing to splash ur cash. u can do wat i did... i bought brand new calipers, crossdrilled and vented rotors and pads... all from the brand maxtech and all brand new @ RM800 for the set. u can see more details of that on my thread in K2OC since u know about that thread. where to buy can also find out there. can contact them and ask where to get in JB.

my advise, try lookout for EG6/EK4 B16A brake set...theyre going pretty cheap iirc at around RM280. but u need to customize the brackets (which doesnt really cost that much). and should be able to fit 14" rims iirc. advantages of B16A brakes include better stopping power, tonnes of choices for brake pads, lots of choices for rotors, and if crazy enough, can even use spoon calipers hahahahha..also, warping is not really an issue with the standard rotors.

where to buy unfortunately i dont know. but u can try contacting a forumer here with the nick AD_EG. he works for XH Racing which is a reputable Honda Workshop somewhere in JB (ex-owner of my EG6 also got do some stuff in XH). try dropping him a PM and ask him:
1/ how much the brake set costs. (and whats included)
2/ whether he can do the brackets and install them into a kelisa,
3/ confirm about fitting with 14" rims.
4/ whatever else u wanna ask la.

2slow

Known Member
May 2, 2005

regal

Sep 15, 2008
tohsan.

if i were to upgrade to what you are selling the myvi setup from stock kelisa setup. what parts do i need. what parts are you offering. what is the price. and are you able to courier the items to jb. jalan muri area.

A Post Every 5 Mins

If you can’t be trackside for the 2011 Formula One Malaysian Grand Prix and if you’re lucky enough to make the guest-list through a contest you might want to head for the ‘Rev it Up!’ live broadcast party thrown by Shell Helix and Malaysian Evo that will also have race simulators on show and exciting prizes to be won.

Now in its second year, the invitation-only party will allow guests to catch the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience